Black Lion Key prices too high.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sumpskildpadde.4367

Sumpskildpadde.4367

My suggestion for ArenaNet is to either half the prices on keys or double the amount of keys you get from the current prices. I mean 450 gems for 5 keys???!! That’s just stealing our money. I mean, where already spending our real life money on RNG-chests which is kind of weird. But hey, the ticket scrap skins are often cool, and we don’t mind throwing a buck or two at this awesome game.

BUT!

The thing is, people want to open the black lion chests, but they’re not willing to pay that much money for such a small chance of getting a ticket scrap. So instead they just don’t buy the keys at all. I think, that if the prices were cut in half or the amount was doubled, more players would actually buy the keys. Thus ArenaNet would make more money. It’s a win/win situation.

I know I would probably buy a stack of keys or two per month if the prices weren’t that high. And I don’t think I’m alone on this.

What’s your opinion on this? Do you ever buy the keys? Do you think my suggestion is unrealistic? Or does your black lion chests just stack up in your bank same as mine?

Arellious Mecatus, Asura thief.
Cheese Daddy’s Secret Posse [BRIE]
Ring of Fire.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

buying keys is a waste of real money or in game gold.
if you want keys, then i suggest you either level up a new character or just farm keys.
the farming part would be 4 ppl starting new character with a lvl 80 in party. do storyline quests til lvl 10 where you get a key and repeat. easiest done with guildies or friends.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Vote for Evon!

Oh wait… that’s… nevermind.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

Stop buying them and anet will change how they handle them

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sumpskildpadde.4367

Yeah, I bought a stack once and was like “what a kitten waste of money”… But since I have a large stack of chests, and some of the skins that you buy with scraps are kinda cool, I probably wouldn’t mind buying some keys once in a while, if they weren’t so expensive.

Is it me or did you just get more of them from playing the game when the game released? I know you get 3 through your personal story but I seem to remember opening these chests quite often back in the early days. According to the wiki, the keys can drop off of mobs too, but I don’t recall ever having one of them drop for me.

Ring of Fire.

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Meat Wagon.7194

Yeah, I bought a stack once and was like “what a kitten waste of money”… But since I have a large stack of chests, and some of the skins that you buy with scraps are kinda cool, I probably wouldn’t mind buying some keys once in a while, if they weren’t so expensive.

Is it me or did you just get more of them from playing the game when the game released? I know you get 3 through your personal story but I seem to remember opening these chests quite often back in the early days. According to the wiki, the keys can drop off of mobs too, but I don’t recall ever having one of them drop for me.

I’m pretty certain that they changed the drop rate. They used to actually drop from mobs. I think i read somewhere that they decreased the chance of getting another key from the chests as well. I used to be able to open 2 or three chests with one initial key because you’d get more keys from the chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

You voted for Kiel didn’t you…

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Meat Wagon.7194

You voted for Kiel didn’t you…

It makes me sad that evon didn’t win. The abbadon fractal was a story that actually interested me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Anet makes millions of dollars every month from the TP. The majority of that comes from sales of… town clothes, right? Er, must be those armor skins, just look around Lion’s Arch, everyone’s wearing those new armor skins… nope, must be mini-pets, every toon you see has one following behind…

Nope, they sell a lot of keys. A LAAAAAAAAHT of keys. They’re not going to slash the price because you’re cheap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sumpskildpadde.4367

Anet makes millions of dollars every month from the TP. The majority of that comes from sales of… town clothes, right? Er, must be those armor skins, just look around Lion’s Arch, everyone’s wearing those new armor skins… nope, must be mini-pets, every toon you see has one following behind…

Nope, they sell a lot of keys. A LAAAAAAAAHT of keys. They’re not going to slash the price because you’re cheap.

How on earth would you know how much money they make on the gem store and from what items? Unless you’re an Anet employee. And no, I’m not cheap. I’ve spent quite alot of money on gems. But not for keys.

Ring of Fire.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

NCSoft is a publicly traded company and releases financial info for itself and the companies it owns, including Arenanet. There have been many discussions about how profitable Guildwars 2 has been.

It makes a LOT of money every quarter, most of which is from the cash shop. It’s not hard to figure out that they’re selling a lot of stuff, and rng boxes are a big part of those sales, because they keep selling them. I believe since the game was released it has been #2 in NCsoft’s top earning games.

You’re cheap because you’re saying “I’d buy keys if you give me a 50% discount, otherwise it’s not worth it to me.” It’s been a year now, if the keys weren’t selling they would be putting them on sale more often. Anet doesn’t care whether you throw them another $20 or not.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

NCSoft is a publicly traded company and releases financial info for itself and the companies it owns, including Arenanet. There have been many discussions about how profitable Guildwars 2 has been.

Um. NCSoft is the game’s publisher. Anet is a privately owned company mate (Arenanet LLC), and NCSoft’s development studio. Unless they bought them out, in which case I can’t find any public documentation showing ownership. Nevermind, I finally found that documents that show the acquisition of Anet in 2002. My bad.

As for BL Keys, next time, everyone should spread the word, and vote Evon for all elections he participates in!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

People—stop buying keys—Anet will change them—very simple. But can’t do much when, as P.T. Barnum supposedly said, “There’s a sucker born every minute”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

shoulda voted for Evon.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sumpskildpadde.4367

It makes a LOT of money every quarter, most of which is from the cash shop. It’s not hard to figure out that they’re selling a lot of stuff, and rng boxes are a big part of those sales, because they keep selling them. I believe since the game was released it has been #2 in NCsoft’s top earning games.

You’re cheap because you’re saying “I’d buy keys if you give me a 50% discount, otherwise it’s not worth it to me.” It’s been a year now, if the keys weren’t selling they would be putting them on sale more often. Anet doesn’t care whether you throw them another $20 or not.

Cheap – you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Is it cheap for me not wanting to buy the most expensive clothes in real life? No, of course it isn’t. It’s about knowing that what you’re paying for isn’t really worth the amount you’re paying. Are you cheap as well for not buying the keys then? No you’re not. You’re just sensible. It has nothing to do me with me being cheap. I’m not cheap. Being cheap is a personal trait, which is simply just not a part of my personality. I’m just trying to suggest a way that I thought Anet could make even more money all while satisfying their costumers at the same time.

If you read my comment, you would see that one of the things I was wondering was do people even buy keys in the first place?. Cause I didn’t know that. But know you have told that they do! So thank you… i guess? But don’t call me cheap. You don’t know me. Don’t assume I’m some 12-year old living off of allowance from my parents. I happen to be 23, doing an education, with a job on the side. I was just making a suggestion to see what people thought. Why come here and start a bad tone?

Ring of Fire.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Gold to gem prices have passed the 4g mark recently though. Still waiting for it to get to 5g before I start selling gems for gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hecuter.6274

Hecuter.6274

GW2 makes less money than they anticipated, it accounts for 16% of profits I believe, well behind Lineage. They could make more by lowering prices, actually.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I never bought keys, and I doubt I ever will, especially at the current prices. Unless they add something really good to these chests, significantly lower the RNG on getting the stuff I want, and lower the prices on the keys I don’t think I’ll ever buy any.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

GW2 makes less money than they anticipated, it accounts for 16% of profits I believe, well behind Lineage. They could make more by lowering prices, actually.

One of the quartly reports specifically stated that they are not working on an expansion yet BECAUSE GW2 is making more money than anticipated, but if revenue drops they have that option.

There is another thread somewhere about how some website has declared GW2 the fastest selling MMO ever. This is not an underperforming game, its first year has been a smashing success, despite the efforts of a couple dozen forum trolls to label it a failure.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hecuter.6274

Hecuter.6274

One of the quartly reports specifically stated that they are not working on an expansion yet BECAUSE GW2 is making more money than anticipated, but if revenue drops they have that option.

There is another thread somewhere about how some website has declared GW2 the fastest selling MMO ever. This is not an underperforming game, its first year has been a smashing success, despite the efforts of a couple dozen forum trolls to label it a failure.

GW2 is not a failure but that’s not the title of this thread. The keys are overpriced and ArenaNet – who were the source on the fastest selling propaganda, because that’s what it is – could make more money by lowering the price on them.

To recap: GW2 is good, it is a success. Overpriced BLK is bad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

GW2 is not a failure but that’s not the title of this thread. The keys are overpriced and ArenaNet – who were the source on the fastest selling propaganda, because that’s what it is – could make more money by lowering the price on them.

Just cause something gets cheaper doesn’t mean it’ll bring more money to them.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Dropping prices only raises revenue if there is a significant increase in unit sales. If the Black Lion Keys are already a high volume item then there is no incentive to drop prices because the increase in volume won’t offset the lost revenue from the lower sale price.

If the Keys were overpriced, ArenaNet would have adjusted the prices by now. The fact of the matter is that they must be selling at that price and with enough volume to where they don’t need to put them on sale.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

And a lot more people would buy a Ferrari if they cost 10 grand. Whoever’s in charge of the company that makes them must be stupid.