Black Lion Keys (Discount)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, BL keys on sale almost over. Get em while they are hot ^^ About 3-4 hours left I think.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Still 2g for one, not worth it.

I miss when you could get 1 for 70s.. good times.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Well yea gold to gems, but if you just buy gems from store its a nice discount heh. Sadly end of the month is when I have the least money.. Otherwise I would have bought like 300 :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Meh just farm them from the lvl 10 quest on a new char. Really it only takes 30-40 mins per key run – easy! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

At the very least they were popular judging the spike in Gem prices for that 24 hour period.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Well yea gold to gems, but if you just buy gems from store its a nice discount heh. Sadly end of the month is when I have the least money.. Otherwise I would have bought like 300 :P

And this is why anet probably wont introduce anything worth it to the store because people keep spending real money on lottery tickets that provide nothing of value 99.9% of the time. Ah one can dream of a day people finally stop doing that.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

People actually buy these? lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Oh they do. While most of us don’t, there is a percentage who blow hunderds of dollars on them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I buy them here and there. Not in any large quantity, just for the hell of it. Then again, I have spare money to do it.

I never sell gems for gold, so I avoided that trap. I’m working nice and slow on my legendary…two actually.

So since I’m not spending much money in gems, and I want to support the company, it’s one of the things I can buy. It’s fun. It’s not much money if you don’t go overboard.

And some of the stuff I get from it is useful. Black lion salvage kits, the occasional dye, the repair canisters (used on the occasional bad fractal run lol). Shrugs.

Better than buying the box o’fun. lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I was thinking about this the other day.

Who benefits most from BLCs? New players/characters.
Who has the least gold to buy them with? New players/characters.

I think that for each level up to 15, each character should receive a BLC key for free.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I can’t understand buying keys, but then both in-game and in real life I’m not as well off as some people. Maybe if I had the money to throw away I’d be more tempted.

IMO nothing in the chest is worth buying keys for, especially with the rediculously low drop rate on useful items and the high number of junk tonics/buffs you’d end up with.

If you get a key for free then the items are a nice bonus, but I’d never buy them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

I’d honestly only feel like they were starting to approach “maybe worth it” territory if they were 30s a pop. 2g? You’ve got to be kidding me. I blow a lot of gold on stupid, pointless stuff that I never use without a care in the world, but black lion keys are really, really pushing it even for me. The contents of those things are very rarely anything but extremely disappointing garbage that I end up destroying immediately. Every now and then you might really luck out and get a black lion salvage kit which is marginally better than the 15s master kit, and I already have tons of them crowding up my bank.

Don’t even get me started on paying real money for them. Might as well set your wallet on fire.

(edited by Vargs.6234)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Creest.3407

Creest.3407

Why should I open BLC? They contain:

Booster – The only one I use is the karma boost.
Dyes – If you want dyes get them from the TP, much cheaper.
Influence – Maybe, maybeeeeeeee worth it, if you get the 350 influence point thing.
Transmution Stones – Get them directly
Coinbags – Really…..
Tonics – Really²….
Random gem item – Revive Orbs and Salvage Kits are worth it.
Another Key – Another chance to get nothing worthy
Everlasting things – Quite nice, but I could win in the lottery bevor I get them, twice.
Quagganbackpacks – See everlasting things.

And when I dont feel the need to open the chests, why should I buy keys?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You can get some fun rare things, but otherwise no, its seriously not worth it. I bought 20 keys and got absolutely nothing interesting. ONE lousy BL salvage kit, a ton of worthless boosters/tonics, miniscule amounts of silver (maybe 30) and guild influence. Oh and of course 5 keys, which opened another 5 useless chests with nothing interesting.

Waste of time, waste of money. Do something fun for them instead. Like leveling a char from 0 to 80 with crafting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Why should I open BLC? They contain:

Booster – The only one I use is the karma boost. (You don’t use the MF or Speed ones?)
Dyes – If you want dyes get them from the TP, much cheaper. (I get 10-15 stacks)
Influence – Maybe, maybeeeeeeee worth it, if you get the 350 influence point thing.(always good for personal guild for bank)
Transmution Stones – Get them directly (cheaper through chests, I have 95 of them)
Coinbags – Really…..(yesterday made 2 gold off 10 keys, yes its not a lot but something)
Tonics – Really²….(I turn these into whatever type of transform I want for events)
Random gem item – Revive Orbs and Salvage Kits are worth it.(salvage kit 300gems alone, getting even 1 from 5 keys=win)
Another Key – Another chance to get nothing worthy(more chances to get more)
Everlasting things – Quite nice, but I could win in the lottery bevor I get them, twice.
Quagganbackpacks – See everlasting things.(made over 45g off these so far, actually more than i could have made just gems-gold)

And when I dont feel the need to open the chests, why should I buy keys?!

To each their own, but obviously it isn’t just a “few” people who realize you can get far more than you put in from these see att.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This shows it off too.

Going on Sale
0250z Mar 23 – 2g2s59c per 100 Gems
0500z Mar 23 – 2g29s25c

Sale over
0250z Mar 24 – 2g26s91c
0500z Mar 24 – 2g7s30c

Quite the 24hr bump due to the sale and the sale being on a weekend.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

I won’t argue with the fact that some people seem to find these worthwhile, but personally the drop table from the chests makes me feel like these are a total waste. Even on sale, the keys work out to over $1 each, and I’ve never ever gotten anything out of the chests that made the expected value anywhere near $1.

As for the supporting the company through gem store splurges, I do that via buying dye packs. The probability you get a dye that’s worth a lot of gold is low, but I enjoy all the pretty colors, so even at the full price of $10 per 35 (7×5) it’s worth it to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I literally just bought 300g worth of keys a day before this promo. Kitten life.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I literally just bought 300g worth of keys a day before this promo. Kitten life.

I bought 65 keys this month before the sale, come sale time I needed to pay some bills.. out of money come sale time lol…. Wtb more discounts that aren’t at the kitten end of the month :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I bought 65 keys this month before the sale, come sale time I needed to pay some bills.. out of money come sale time lol…. Wtb more discounts that aren’t at the kitten end of the month :P

I didn’t even get 1 permanent anything. All I wanted was a permanent hairstylist.. T_T

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I didn’t even get 1 permanent anything. All I wanted was a permanent hairstylist.. T_T

If I had my tax money back that they screwed up lol.. I would probably have at least one, and a nice video to show what drops :P It’s funny how a simple blank line can delay something for 4 months >.>

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I feel like a bit of a chump for opening those I bought on sale, pre-patch, now there are new skins in them.

Should have seen that one coming, I guess.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I feel like a bit of a chump for opening those I bought on sale, pre-patch, now there are new skins in them.

Should have seen that one coming, I guess.

Yea… about that lol…

/tinfoil hat-Anet did the discount to get us to waste money on a lesser boxes right before adding cool stuff. However if you saved the keys your set.\tinfoil hat

:P