Black Lion Savage Kit

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

How is it fair that the best kit with 100% rate of recovering upgrade and 2x the chance of recovering rare mat than master kit , is only avalible for gems.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

SundayTrash.9562

I tho the point of the game was suppose to have fun, and still get the best item without spending.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dariroch.6482

Dariroch.6482

The point is not to get the best item without spending, it’s about Anet making money. The sooner you realize that the better. You can either pay $15 per month or you pay for the best toys.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KICKZEN.1327

KICKZEN.1327

I probably spend thousands of gems already and i never bought them with real money. I really don’t see your point, the only difference is that the exchange rate varies and therefore those items don’t have a fixed price, but it doesn’t mean you have to spent real money on them.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

OP is wrong. I got 6 or 7 of these the last few days just from rewards for completing challenges and from opening a couple of black lion chests gotten from playing PvE and doing map completions. I even got 2 black lion chest keys recently.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

Gems are the equivalent of a variable amount of gold, but with a choice to buy them for RL cash. And as Eyelusion says, you also have a chance to get the kits as a drop (indirectly through key drops) or for map completion. I’ve gotten 4 of those kits without spending cash or gold, and that’s a random chance. If I wanted them badly, much like spending more for the next highest level of salvage kit, I could spend still more gold to attain the Black Lion salvage kit.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its one of the few pay to win items. I played almost 1000 hours and only found a single free black lion kit so far. Did every daily etc. Farmed the MK dungeon 100 times. Just no reliable way to get a free one without stupid luck.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

Keep in mind too, even if you had a bunch of Black Lion Salvage Kits, it’d be silly to use them for everything. While I don’t have huge amounts of gold in game, I’m not hurting for it either. Yet basic kits are adequate for whites, blues, and greens. Unless a rune in them is really worth a lot of gold. Even for rares above level 68 and exotics, master kits give you a good chance of getting your runes back, and decent chance with salvage mats.

The fact that by dumb luck, I got some kits, doesn’t mean that it’s an entitlement. If it’s really that important to have 100% chance of salvaging a rune, and having better chances of rare salvage mats, spend some gold. Drops are random chances. Nobody has a “right” to get them as drops. Not me, not anybody else. Map completion gives you a better chance, but is no guarantee.

They are not “pay to win” unless spending gold in game is “pay to win.” (If that is your view, what you need is a game with no vendors, no auction type house, and no ability to trade with others.)

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

It’s about 20s per use (buying gems with gold), which isn’t bad if you’re salvaging exotics with valuable runes.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

I got one as a daily reward today.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

I have three stacks of BL salvage kits. Haven’t bought any. Don’t know what you’re complaining about. They’re perfectly attainable.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

They are the reason ecto cost so much now, the whole gem store is a waste of gold.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

I got one in my daily reward today, I think ive had 3-4 from daily rewards.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

SundayTrash.9562

dude I have 450 hour and only ever gotten 1

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

it doesn’t improve your chance of ectos…

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

OP is wrong. I got 6 or 7 of these the last few days just from rewards for completing challenges and from opening a couple of black lion chests gotten from playing PvE and doing map completions. I even got 2 black lion chest keys recently.

I don’t know what kind of challenges you’re referring to but i have over 600 hours played and 100% map completion. I have gotten —One… kitten .Kit--

I have received some keys but really, BL chests are a gamble and a bad one at that.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mousethecat.1835

Mousethecat.1835

Yes it does.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Ecto-Salvage-Stats-Spreadsheet/first

And like everyone has already pointed out, BLKs are a luxury item, you don’t “need” them.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Yes it does.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Ecto-Salvage-Stats-Spreadsheet/first

And like everyone has already pointed out, BLKs are a luxury item, you don’t “need” them.

that was <200 salvages. the main difference between mystic and black lion kits was that the black lion kits hit the 3x ectos an extra couple of times.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kateuk.7538

kateuk.7538

I’ve had at least 6 Black Lion Salvage kits from doing the daily achievements, and I don’t spend that much time online because I work in the day and have other things to do as well. So they are not that hard to get.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I’ve had at least 6 Black Lion Salvage kits from doing the daily achievements, and I don’t spend that much time online because I work in the day and have other things to do as well. So they are not that hard to get.

Its RNG, i got 1000 hours clocked and only 1 kit found.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dragoon.8923

dragoon.8923

ok i bought some black lion salvage kits and still have not gotten them

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I have a ton of these from BL Chests that I got for free.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

ok i bought some black lion salvage kits and still have not gotten them

Items from the gem store get mailed to you. Delete mail from your inbox. If you don’t get it after a while and your mailbox is only saying something like 5/10, then send in a support ticket.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I get them about twice or so a month for doing dailies everyday.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Black Lion Salvage Kits apparently do not give any higher chance for ectos when used to salvage items. Therefore, the only reason you would ever use a BLSK is when there’s an upgrade on an item that you absolutely, positively MUST get. (Like a Superior Rune of Divinity.) Personally I wouldn’t use it unless the upgrade I wanted to get out was worth at least 1g.

Black Lion Savage Kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I carry 3 salvage kits at this point, a crude, a master and a BLSK. I use the crude for almost everything. I use the master for anything I’m salvaging for ectos and the BLSK on anything I’m salvaging for upgrades.

This seems to be the most efficient way though it is a bit clunky (though made better by always keeping an ‘invisible bag’ at the bottom of my bag list where I keep all the things I don’t want sorted into my other inventory.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.