Black Lion Ticket Scraps

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

A couple of weeks back, I opened 25 chests, got 5 scraps.

Today, I opened 15 chests, got 0 scraps. ZERO!!! This is really ridiculous. What kind of sick RNG is in the game?

Solution: They need to give out 1 scrap for every 5 keys purchased at the same time – Guaranteed bonus. I think it is extremely fair, and keep the kittenty scrap drop-rate from chest opening as it is now. What do you think?

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That’s reallly screwy. I’ve gotten a scrap out of every chest I’ve opened in the last month. Only like 5, but still… wow

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I was trying to get 5 more scraps so I could turn them in for 1 ticket. But I’m so kitten ed off right now that I won’t be supporting this game via cash anymore. Scraps should NOT be hard to get.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think they should be trade-able personally. Not the finished ticket, but the scraps.

Edit: But then again, I think we should have more options for obtaining them too. Like…as part of map completion or something. We can get chests and keys, why not scraps too.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I agree, I do not like the RNG involved with some Gem store stuff. It is the one thing I do not like about this game, fortunately it isn’t a big enough bad thing for me to quit the game or quit spending money, but it does limit the amount of money I will end up spending.

I can understand base Black Lion Chests being Random stuff of stuff you can buy directly from the Gem story anyways, that is fine. But I do disagree with the RNG involved to getting cosmetic items like dyes, weapons, and pets.

Unfortunately it appears that people are willing to spend money on RNG, and apparently they make more money that way then they would if you could just straight up buy them with no RNG.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

do any of you remember the threads about 5 months back complaining when we had NO scraps?

scraps were introduced and people were sated for the most part.

now the same round of complaining when we do have scraps.

i don’t know people anymore.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

You know there’s only a chance you will get what you want, you know you could be spending money on nothing…..but still do it.
Agree or disagree with the RNG system or come here to complain and offer alternative suggestions I completely understand. I just don’t understand prior to the complaint, spending money on the system you hate. Which makes me wonder if we would have even seen this topic had you opened them and gotten exactly what you wanted., if you would even have had any kind of complaint or thought on the RNG system. Not saying your complaint is invalid…but think before you spend?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Spend 20 minutes taking a new human character through the commoner story line (easiest story).. you’ll get a key at the level 10 story quest every time. Level 15-25 maps have blessed me with black lion keys several times, and when I finally bought 5 keys for my last scrap, I got 2. =]

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Strange, I opened 2-3 chests last week and got one scrap per chest.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

do any of you remember the threads about 5 months back complaining when we had NO scraps?

Imagine what will happen when people find out the “percursor scavenger hunt” isn’t the easy “click here for precursor” process everyone seems to expect.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Just spent half a days wage, opened 25 chests. left with 6 scraps, cant even buy 1 weapon skin “SKIN” what does nothing, half a days wage, left with nothing. Games are ment to be fun, i thought i would support the game by adding alittle i got nothing in return. THANKS. Cant wait till new mmo comes out tbh.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I remember the threads, and I’m not unhappy about the scraps. I wish they were trade-able, but that’ s neither here nor there. I’m actually very pleased that its one currency for the skins, and that we can still get skins after the LS is done, they just cost more in terms of tickets.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

kiba.2768

people who say they quit:

1- come back in a week or 2

2- quit, but stick around and complain/troll for a game they no longer play

i have no sympathy for online gamers anymore. it’s become a psychological sickness that affects people from the ages of 7-70.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

people who say they quit:

1- come back in a week or 2

2- quit, but stick around and complain/troll for a game they no longer play

i have no sympathy for online gamers anymore. it’s become a psychological sickness that affects people from the ages of 7-70.

These games are specifically set up in such a way to encourage habitual behavior and even addiction. That some people become addicted to the games is an expected, not surprising, consequence.

MMOs are the Brokeback Mountain of video games – “I wish I could quit you!”

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Over the weekend I opened 32 BL chests.
Among the plethora of misc. stuff I received I was happy to get

• 2 Full Claim Tickets
  • and 10 Claim Ticket Scraps

Used the scraps and one ticket for the Araneae Longbow and the Chiroptophobia Greatsword and holding the last ticket for the next item that strikes my fancy. Some new shiney in the Dreamthistle collection I wonder?

Sorry to the OP who gambled and lost this time but the bottom line my friends is:
Ya win some… ya lose some.

Trying not to sound sanctamonius because I happened to win this time. It doesn’t usually happen that way

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I was trying to get 5 more scraps so I could turn them in for 1 ticket. But I’m so kitten ed off right now that I won’t be supporting this game via cash anymore. Scraps should NOT be hard to get.

You learned the lesson I learned about a year too late. Too bad people keep buying into this stuff and will never learn and it will never go away.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Just opened 9 .. got 2 tickets + 1 scrap xD

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I had a key drop on me, got 1 scrap. put it in the bank as it was only like 1/70 of what was needed for a useable item. yay.
then I leveled some alts to get racial story achievement completion, which includes a key as the reward. got another scrap. 1/35 of the way…
In short: 2 scraps from 4 chests in the last 2 months. I’d give you mine if I could.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

kiba.2768

i received 11 scraps and 1 ticket from key drops so far. not complaining as i don’t think anet intended for everyone to get every skin, every LS.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

Last patch bought 25 keys with ~25€ (I consider it being A LOT of money for virtual items)

Got 5 scraps as well. I knew it was a gamble but still… a bit irritating

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

i received 11 scraps and 1 ticket from key drops so far. not complaining as i don’t think anet intended for everyone to get every skin, every LS.

You get keys as drops? I didn’t even know that was a possibility. I have never received a key as a drop. Literally I thought the only way to get them was from some personal quests completion and from the Gem store, never knew they dropped as well.

This just give more proof that I am the most unlucky SOB in MMOs. Every MMO I have ever played I was always unlucky. I am the guy that had to kill 300+ yetis in WoW to get a quest item to drop, where everyone else I knew would get the drop in under 20 yetis.

RNG has never been good to me. IF there are RNG gods, they hate me.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

The RNG chest gambling is awful. Truly awful. It’s one of the few really dark blemishes on this otherwise good game. Look through the posts in the most recent Southsun event and you’ll see the immortalized cries of people like me who spent hours and hours and hours farming for a Southsun claim ticket to get a sclerite weapon. Some people opened thousands of chests and never got one.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Meh… I REALLY want that new shortbow but I will not pay for gems. I can’t afford it. I traded gold for gems a little and got like 3 minis (2 scarlet, 1 caithe) and only 1 scrap… But I’m not spending real money on gems, I’ve got a baby on the way and currently I don’t have an euro to spare… Do I want that skin? Yes, very very very much. But I guess paying for the game was not enough… I don’t except things to just fall in my lap – I know I will never own a legendary weapon, or ascended armor/weapons for that matter, but I can’t get one little skin without paying real money? Well… thanks

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Let’s say someone is beating you in the head with a iron pipe and you complain. They proceed to beat you in the head with a wooden bat instead. Would you not complain, or just be happy they’re no longer using an iron pipe?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Today, I opened 15 chests, got 0 scraps. ZERO!!! This is really ridiculous. What kind of sick RNG is in the game?

You opened those 40 BL Chests will the full knowledge that there are no guarantees that you’ll get what you want, and then complain that you didn’t get what you want? It’s like going to the store to buy an apple pie, then getting upset there wasn’t any strawberries in it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shiz.3274

Shiz.3274

You opened those 40 BL Chests will the full knowledge that there are no guarantees that you’ll get what you want, and then complain that you didn’t get what you want? It’s like going to the store to buy an apple pie, then getting upset there wasn’t any strawberries in it.

that’s a horrible way of making your point… i get what you’re mean but surely if you’re going to buy an apple pie you don’t buy it because you hope there would be strawberries in it… bl chest have a chance of giving what you want, apple pie by definition will never give you strawberries.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Stop defending a stupid system.

It’s stupid. It’s completely asinine that people have to spend an enormous money on a GAMBLE (and it is that, gambling) in a game like this.

It doesn’t matter what the expectation is for the user, beyond this: People expect to invest time/money and be rewarded accordingly. Not on the whim of RNG.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

that’s a horrible way of making your point… i get what you’re mean but surely if you’re going to buy an apple pie you don’t buy it because you hope there would be strawberries in it… bl chest have a chance of giving what you want, apple pie by definition will never give you strawberries.

The point is that he was making the assumption that he would get what he wanted, but in fact everything is random. It’s the same as assuming an apple pie might have other fruit in it (i.e. blueberries, strawberries, peaches, etc). Sometimes is does, sometimes it doesn’t.

It’s stupid. It’s completely asinine that people have to spend an enormous money on a GAMBLE (and it is that, gambling) in a game like this.

It doesn’t matter what the expectation is for the user, beyond this: People expect to invest time/money and be rewarded accordingly. Not on the whim of RNG.

You’re arguing over luxury items that have no impact on the game. They’re all optional items, and if you make the choice to play the RNG for them, knowing full well that nothing is guaranteed, you give up all rights to complain.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

You get keys as drops? I didn’t even know that was a possibility. I have never received a key as a drop. Literally I thought the only way to get them was from some personal quests completion and from the Gem store, never knew they dropped as well.

This just give more proof that I am the most unlucky SOB in MMOs. Every MMO I have ever played I was always unlucky. I am the guy that had to kill 300+ yetis in WoW to get a quest item to drop, where everyone else I knew would get the drop in under 20 yetis.

a year ago they were much more common; like 1 key every 20 hours. I was overflowing with BLSK and boosters (had like 14 of every booster and 30 BLSK)
now, they are less common than precursors.
I’ve found about 3 from random mobs in the past 8 months. (played around 1,400 hours during that time)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

If you don’t like RNG, buy the weapons on the TP.

There are two options to obtain the items. Use them both, don’t complain about being “forced” to choose one.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Stop supporting a terrible system. The more keys you buy, the more reassured they are that the strategy is working. Vote with your wallet.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

kiba.2768

Let’s say someone is beating you in the head with a iron pipe and you complain. They proceed to beat you in the head with a wooden bat instead. Would you not complain, or just be happy they’re no longer using an iron pipe?

you are clearly out of context. the BLC’s are a choice item. i wouldn’t choose to be beaten with anything other than a strip of bacon, which in my eyes is quite pleasurable.

your argument has a HUGE flaw. seek to correct it.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

kiba.2768

let me also add, how does one equate choosing to pay for RNG to being beaten with a pipe.

let me do you one further and add, how does one equate choosing to PAY for RNG to PAY for which method of beating one prefers?

#logic

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

OMG those F ing yetis.

RNG is maddening.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

What’s asinine is that people keep feeding into it while complaining about it. SOme guy a few posts above says he poured half a days wages into this RNG system, then complained he got nothing…..wtf. Why would anyone sink real money into a system like this that they dont like. Complain here all you like, but as long as its raking in money, the system will remain. The only clear-cut message you can send is to not buy into it.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Mage: To put this is a better light for you I’ve opened more than 40 chests in the last 2 months. I have 2 scraps. Nothing new, the RNG is terrible on these things.

It’s like playing a slot machine, the house wins 99% of the time. 1% someone hits a jackpot. My numbers are made up but you get the idea.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Opened 35 boxes yesterday, got 5tickets and 10 scraps, so 6 tickets total xD

ohh rng y u so funny.

Isle Of Janthir

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Opened 35 boxes yesterday, got 5tickets and 10 scraps, so 6 tickets total xD

ohh rng y u so funny.

O.o

Can I have some of your luck? Just a little? You’ve obviously got plenty to spare.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

They need to really change it. RNG that requires cash is pretty terrible. Look at what it did to Gaia.

I ? Karkas.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

Yes, it is a form of legalized gambling. Sold to adults and children alike. But this system is what Anet has decided is the most profitable for them, so we must live with it. People would also be complaining if the skins could only be bought for $100.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I just bought 25 keys and got 2 scraps.. Never buying keys again

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Like many others on here have said, stop feeding there crap rng system. For what you spend on here TRYING to maybe get 1 skin you can pay an entire years sub to a AAA mmo of your choice and get developers that listen to the community because they are trying to keep your business.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Personally I find the Black Lion keys fun, I do buy 25 keys every now and then. Usually once for every new Black Lion Ticket weapon sset.

I bought one for Aetherized, one for Halloween and just recently one for the dream Scythe stuff.

I did discover though that I had been luckier the first two times then my most recent time which is probably why I continued.

The first time I bought 25 I recieved 1 Ticket and 5 scraps. I thought that was normal and it did seem worth the value so I was happy.

The second time I bought 25 I recieved 1 Ticket and 6 scraps. So I continued to think that was normal, I was again happy.

That was the equivalent of 3 Full Tickets for 50 Keys. Not bad. If you wanted to convert that to gold to get any idea of what you are getting gold to gem wise. You could sell most of the popular skins for around 80g when they came out. So for 3200 gems I got 240g worth. (Not to mention all the other little nick naks you get with the chests, I do enjoy the boosters, the ktis ect.)

If I would have taken those 3200 gems and just straight up converted them to gems I would have got around 160 gold. So I was coming out ahead.

Of course I kept playing. Last night I bought another 25 keys because they were on sale. I only got about 4 scraps. I realised that those other two times when I scored to full ticket drop I was actually very lucky.

I’m not going to lie it did feel kind of crappy with spend 25 keys and come out with basically nothing to show for it.

At this point I have 7 scraps and I don’t really want to buy more keys. Problem is they’ve got me. If I don’t buy more keys to at least turn those 7 scraps into a ticket, I’ave wasted all those keys.

If the RNG was more at the level of my first two purchases of 25 I’d say it was a great system. With it as low as it seems to be judging by the responses here, and my own findings over my last purchase, I’m not so sure.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sir Myron Gaines.2189

Sir Myron Gaines.2189

50 black lion keys purchased with gems and I’ve gotten a total of 5 scraps. The RNG in this game is really disgusting.

Lord Thomas

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I feel like the scraps are as rare as the tickets. So far I’m at 1 scrap and 1 ticket., which kind of defeats the purpose given you need a whopping 10 scraps for 1 ticket.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

30 keys from money-bought gems, led to 4(!) scraps. And a pile of uninteresting consumables. Well, i’ll go on until i have my weapon skin to avoid losing the entire money.
But i’ve learned the lection, the hard way. Don’t gamble for virtual stuff with real money.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Well, after listening to the comments of other players, I am beginning to sense some patterns:

1. In general, when the black lion keys go on sale, people get worse drops. This could just be coincidence, but the a couple weeks ago I opened 6 chests and got 4 scraps; today, I bought 25 keys and only received 2 scraps.

2. The lucky players are definitely few and far between. While a few may get tons of scraps, most of us are only getting boosters, minis, and bank expresses, items that many of us may find somewhat useless.

3. Rarely do people get exactly 10 scraps; how it seems to work most of the time is someone gets 6 or 7 or 8 scraps, and then they must get more gems to buy more keys.

Because of these patterns I have noticed, I shall no longer be paying MY money to get a cool weapon skin that I’m not even guaranteed to get (I’ll just ask for gems for Christmas :p)

The gem system is quite good when it comes to awesome armors and stuff like that, and I will always support GW2, as it’s one of the best games I think I’ve ever played. But I strongly disagree with how you must acquire tickets and ticket scraps necessary for some of the coolest skins in the game; why not have a different system for acquiring them, such as the one suggested at the beginning of this forum? That would (help) end complaining people about paying money and not getting what they want.

EDIT: I have a brilliant idea: make a different chest that is just for ticket scraps, only the drop rate would be MUCH higher. They would still use gems, so Anet gets their money, we get our skins, and then everyone’s happy

(edited by Chuck Nizzle.6283)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

Thank goodness I decided to peruse the forums before spending more than $20 on the key sale!

For 25 keys, I’d have to be guaranteed at least one skin. Thank you guys for saving me from some hard feelings. Had my card out and everything.

The bitter taste would not be conducive to a long term relationship with this game.

Cheers.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

The Black Lion Chests have never really intrigued me, due to the system that governs it. I don’t think it’s engaging enough; compared to that of the mystic toilet system (which I also find atrocious). Ideas that were probably brought in place by monetization team. Out of curiosity I have tried a few times. Just to see if the system was well adjusted/fair to my taste; but I feel you don’t get what you strive for. While someone who has spent less time in game, could easily acquire something with little to no effort. So instead I will invest in things that are permanent, and are not one time use consumable based.

However it seems that they feel the system is fair, and it brings in enough revenue to warrant it’s existence. Probably due to some statistics that we will never be privy to. Therefore I doubt this system is going to be adjusted to better suit the casual patron. You can tell everyone to stop buying key, but that won’t work. I doubt any influence we have here would make that large of an impact. Furthermore there are other markets globally that encourage this type of RNG monetization.

The only advice I can give is stay away from anything RNG based. Especially if your starting to feel like your being taken advantage of. If the BLC are not yielding anything good for around 10 keys then it’s unlikely to change. As for A-net themselves they have the right to choose whatever business endeavors they want to commit to. However financial repercussions will occur if they cannot balance themselves on that proverbial monetization tight rope.

By the by I would love to see Ms. Crystin Cox do an interview on what her team has accomplish for Arena Net during the past year. Just to see where the thought process on their business model aligns itself to. Including any thoughts on future improvements or if the system itself has been working as intended since launch.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: maxphi.5107

maxphi.5107

That’s reallly screwy. I’ve gotten a scrap out of every chest I’ve opened in the last month. Only like 5, but still… wow

lucky man, that’s all i can say