Black Lion Ticket Scraps

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The RNG formula is flawed, there is a major programming mistake in there somewhere and I can’t be convinced otherwise. The same people seem to get reward after reward, be it drops, precursors, tickets, exotics etc while others always get nothing. I am in the second group. Some say its just luck—sorry don’t buy that either. When one group of players consistently get good rewards (or whatever) and another group of players consistently get junk or nothing, then there is a problem.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The RNG formula is flawed, there is a major programming mistake in there somewhere and I can’t be convinced otherwise. The same people seem to get reward after reward, be it drops, precursors, tickets, exotics etc while others always get nothing. I am in the second group. Some say its just luck—sorry don’t buy that either. When one group of players consistently get good rewards (or whatever) and another group of players consistently get junk or nothing, then there is a problem.

Well some people have suspected that there are “lucky accounts”. But, you could easily drive yourself crazy trying to reason or understand RNG.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Thank goodness I decided to peruse the forums before spending more than $20 on the key sale!

For 25 keys, I’d have to be guaranteed at least one skin. Thank you guys for saving me from some hard feelings. Had my card out and everything.

You’re welcome….I should have just bought something I knew I would receive, such as some bank tabs.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arran.7102

arran.7102

I live and learn. Never again. I bought 25 in the sale. I ended up with 1 scrap and a pile of junk.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Stop defending a stupid system.

It’s stupid. It’s completely asinine that people have to spend an enormous money on a GAMBLE (and it is that, gambling) in a game like this.

Yes, it is a form of legalized gambling. Sold to adults and children alike. But this system is what Anet has decided is the most profitable for them, so we must live with it. People would also be complaining if the skins could only be bought for $100.

As someone with multiple patents in gaming I can assure you that this is not considered legalized gambling in any jurisdiction in the entire world. Not in Europe, US, China, South Africa, South America, or anywhere else in the world.

It is not considered gambling because pixels aren’t considered legal tender. It’s not money, your just spending your money on recreation. Stop calling it gambling, it’s not. No one cares that you think it is either. If you think it’s gambling, your wrong. It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact that’s established internationally.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Some countries do consider it to be gambling. I have known a few games that have not had such boxes or offers available in some countries due to concern over this.

Anyway, as to black lion chest and ticket scraps. I have opened a lot of boxes in my time, have never received a single ticket scrap, but have received an actual ticket. As far as I can see, the scraps are so rare, they may as well be tickets themselves. You`ll likely get a ticket at random before you get enough scraps to make into one.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

IMHO. They need to nerf chest droprates severely and increase the droprates of the more useful things in chests. A couple of days ago on TC the Hairstyle contract was going for 1.8k gold. .-.

I ? Karkas.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Stop defending a stupid system.

It’s stupid. It’s completely asinine that people have to spend an enormous money on a GAMBLE (and it is that, gambling) in a game like this.

Yes, it is a form of legalized gambling. Sold to adults and children alike. But this system is what Anet has decided is the most profitable for them, so we must live with it. People would also be complaining if the skins could only be bought for $100.

As someone with multiple patents in gaming I can assure you that this is not considered legalized gambling in any jurisdiction in the entire world. Not in Europe, US, China, South Africa, South America, or anywhere else in the world.

It is not considered gambling because pixels aren’t considered legal tender. It’s not money, your just spending your money on recreation. Stop calling it gambling, it’s not. No one cares that you think it is either. If you think it’s gambling, your wrong. It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact that’s established internationally.

While it may not fit into what is legally considered to be gambling, it absolutely is, for all intents and purposes, gambling. Gambling is a game of chance. So is this.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nalia.7921

Nalia.7921

In my opinion EVERY Black Lion Chest should contain 1 Scrap. That way after opening 10 you would get 1 full ticket. It would cost 1125 gems so I think it’s a fair price for a weapon skin? Considering that for some skins you need more tickets. So every chest=1 scrap with a chance for a full ticket. What do you guys think? I think that more people would be tempted to buy keys this way.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

In my opinion EVERY Black Lion Chest should contain 1 Scrap. That way after opening 10 you would get 1 full ticket. It would cost 1125 gems so I think it’s a fair price for a weapon skin? Considering that for some skins you need more tickets. So every chest=1 scrap with a chance for a full ticket. What do you guys think? I think that more people would be tempted to buy keys this way.

Sounds great to me. Heck, I might even buy a chest every now and then if I was guaranteed a scrap in each one (in their current state I would never, EVER buy a key)But will probably never happen, Anet must be making money off the current system or they wouldn’t keep using it. Most likely there’s a small minority of people who spend hundreds of dollars buying keys hoping for skins, and even the increase of the general population who would buy them more often if the scraps were more common can’t compete with those few who buy mass amounts.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I would personally prefer they completely nuke the droprates of chests, but buff the droprates of the contents and remove things like boosters and temporary tonics from the BLTC.

In general the chances of getting something covetable and desirable are incredibly low, and with most skins you need an enormous amount of scraps to get the skin you want. Think of it this way. If scraps had a 100% rate! it would still take at least $10 unless you key farm them all, but even key farming had time costs. In some cases it’d be way more consuming, like Aetherized skins, so I’m confident people would still buy them.

Really feels kinda bad when you open 25 chests and get a bunch of boosters and like.. 2 scraps.. X: just my opinion, at least.

I ? Karkas.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

IMHO. They need to nerf chest droprates severely and increase the droprates of the more useful things in chests. A couple of days ago on TC the Hairstyle contract was going for 1.8k gold. .-.

That’s because hairstyle kits only dropped from large wintersday gifts, not Black Lion chests.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nalia.7921

Nalia.7921

I made a separate topic about my idea in the suggestions subforum. Show Anet that we would love to have better rewards from BL chests!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Every-Black-Lion-Chest-should-give-1-scrap/first#post3172588

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Yeah i agree.