Black Lion Ticket Scraps

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Oh, ok, thanks. Guess I must have just missed that. Either way, seems that the drop rates are insanely low for anyone to think this isn’t just another version of everything they didn’t like before. You can’t re-do map completions to get keys, and I’ve never seen a mob drop one (I honestly didn’t think they did until it was mentioned in relation to this event).

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You can redo map completion as often as you want… you just have to delete the character between runs.

Same with personal story…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Still way too RNG for me. 10 keys zero scraps. RNG is RNG.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syriac Nefarious.2389

Syriac Nefarious.2389

43 keys for 11 scraps…

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I lucked out, for the very first time. 26 keys (all from key runs). One ticket and 2 scraps. Bought a skin and put it on the TP.

Also a total makeover kit and over a gold worth of unidentified dye. :-)

Considering I opened about 2000 dragon coffers and didn’t get a ticket, I consider this a consolation prize.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I had averaged about 1 dragon ticket per 1k. sometimes more or less but that was about average. I opened many tickets, perhaps this is now my punishment. lol

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

110 keys, 1 ticket & 15 scraps.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alafin.3714

Alafin.3714

I wonder if we could get the past weapon skins at the same system we have with the Aetherbladeskins now.
TBH i like jade weapons and Fused ones more.

I´d really appreciate getting a possiblity to gain them at the same way

http://www.twitch.tv/Alafinn – Part of the [MiM] female Team.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

I’d also love to get a fused weapon skin for a BL ticket, since i didnt get a ticket during the flame and frost event nor are the skins tradeable.

I opened 37 chests until I got 10 scraps out of them.

After the 5th August we need 5 tickets to buy one skin, which is absolutely out of any commensurability. 37 keys are already worth 3330 gems, but 185 keys (16650 gems = 208€ ) for one skin? You must be kidding.
I’m ok with 800 gems for a mining pick or a complete armor skin, but not with this. Just put them directly into the gem store.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’d also love to get a fused weapon skin for a BL ticket, since i didnt get a ticket during the flame and frost event nor are the skins tradeable.

I opened 37 chests until I got 10 scraps out of them.

After the 5th August we need 5 tickets to buy one skin, which is absolutely out of any commensurability. 37 keys are already worth 3330 gems, but 185 keys (16650 gems = 208€ ) for one skin? You must be kidding.
I’m ok with 800 gems for a mining pick or a complete armor skin, but not with this. Just put them directly into the gem store.

My guess is it’s this way with the chests, 1 ticket now or 5 later, is to fuel impulse buying. They had 2 ways they could go. I ticket always-leading to slower but steady sales. 1 ticket now and the knowledge it will go up to 5 tickets-to entice people to buy however many it takes to get them now, before the requirements increase.

Which is why I think they won’t put these items in the store as a direct buy. The money they are making must be exceeding the money they expect to make from direct sales.

A LOT of people buy items when they are reduced price. They can’t resist what seems to be a bargain. Even though its not. I bet their gem store manager has studied the psychology of buyers and seen the numbers on what brings in the money.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

@Astral Projections.7320

I wouldn’t call that a consolation prize. With the Dragon Coffers you weren’t lucky, but not unlucky either. I actually farmed over 4,500 coffers without a single ticket, so trust me when I say you weren’t unlucky. After farming failed I bought about 4,000 coffers and got 2 tickets. Then, after the event, I gave my friend 500 coffers. He pulled 3 out of them…

Anyway, I’m not trying to moan or anything (I did get all the tickets I wanted, after all). Just putting things into perspective.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

SeasThyDay.7398

I think the thing we have to be grateful for with this new system is that it allows us to buy the items directly off the TP. It allows us all to be “lucky” if we use our heads. The TP prices will always be significantly cheaper than the average cost of buying chests to get scraps.

The scraps are just a bonus thing that shouldn’t be a motivator in themselves. With the one for five sale it’s easy to see how just purchasing off the TP right now will be the same as getting extremely lucky in a few days.

Only idiots will be unlucky with this new system.

Edit: Btw, I’m hoping that everyone who reads this thinks that I’m full of crap, so as to not reduce the number of skins on the TP.

(edited by SeasThyDay.7398)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The TP prices will always be significantly cheaper than the average cost of buying chests to get scraps.

That statement makes no sense to me. You expect to pay less for the sure thing? What’s more you expect people to sell you a sure thing for less than it cost them to acquire?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

SeasThyDay.7398

If you do the math, you will see what I mean.

Edit: Now that I’ve bought all my skins I’m happy to share the math with you (of course, the price is going up as we speak).

Here’s the math: 450 gems (5 keys) is roughly 16 gold at 28 gems per gold. On average it takes 50 chests to get a claim ticket. So, 16 gold times 10 equals 160 gold. The skins are listed for 50 gold each.

In other words, buying from the TP is the same as getting a claim ticket within 15 chests.

Btw, “for less than it cost them to acquire” isn’t true.

(edited by SeasThyDay.7398)

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

Wow this is such crap. Why would it require 5 claim tickets (can’t believe this use to be 10!) to get a weapon when it takes so many chest to even get 1? Anet get your kitten together and make it only 1 ticket at least. Are you so desperate to make money? I guess so. Those skins are not even that cool! You guys are not the same as in GW1. I use to think Arenanet were the only last good guys that weren’t corrupted by money, but it seems Nexon’s greediness has corrupted you and all that’s left from GW1 is your love for nerfs. I wish I could play a good game where they don’t ask me to swipe my credit card every 10 seconds…

Lady Minuit

Black Lion Ticket Scraps

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wow this is such crap. Why would it require 5 claim tickets (can’t believe this use to be 10!) to get a weapon when it takes so many chest to even get 1? Anet get your kitten together and make it only 1 ticket at least. Are you so desperate to make money? I guess so. Those skins are not even that cool! You guys are not the same as in GW1. I use to think Arenanet were the only last good guys that weren’t corrupted by money, but it seems Nexon’s greediness has corrupted you and all that’s left from GW1 is your love for nerfs. I wish I could play a good game where they don’t ask me to swipe my credit card every 10 seconds…

You are confusing scraps with tickets.
Before the weapons went out of season they cost 1 ticket, now they cost 5 tickets.

If these skins are not even cool, what is the issue?

People are clearly buying the RNG boxes for a chance to get skins (and they did even before this system that sooner or later guarantees a skin) so clearly it is a good business strategy.

In GW1 you had to actually “swipe your credit card” every single time you wanted to buy something in the store, whilst in GW2 you technically never needs to, since you can buy the gems with in-game gold.

I also fail to see how you are “asked to swipe your card” every 10 seconds. I have yet to come across a single situation where I have been asked to pay money without personally actually entering the store in the first place. And I have played more or less daily since head-start.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square