Black Lion Trading Post Issues - 2/2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

The Black Lion Trading post is currently experiencing issues that are causing delays in loading, posting, and delivering of items/gold. We are currently investigating these issues and hope to have them resolved shortly.

Update: We have placed the Black Lion Trading Post into Maintenance mode while we resolve the issues.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

Great to hear! I was going to sell some Rare and Exotic stuff and then the trading post didnt want to load >:(

This signature is awesome!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haschmi.3829

Haschmi.3829

Happy to hear that someone looks into this on a Sunday.
I’ve seen very long loading times and “error selling item”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

So can we expect a refund of the items that are now missing?

Or is the issue just lag and the TP recorded every transaction?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ti Goddess Of War.2931

Ti Goddess Of War.2931

I was wondering what was up with the trading post. I’m glad that it’s being looked into.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanaKane.8035

LanaKane.8035

Thank you for letting us know you guys are on it, even on this very special Sunday!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Thanks for the update. The mail system went down at the same time btw, not sure if that is related.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I’m not trying to give anything away but… the problem may be related to a group of crazed mesmers who are plotting to overthrow the Trading Post and plunge Tyria into chaos.

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to someday buying that Ascalonian Shortbow listed on the Trading Post lol jk, but one can dream!

Golden shackles are still golden.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

I’m not trying to give anything away but… the problem may be related to a group of crazed mesmers who are plotting to overthrow the Trading Post and plunge Tyria into chaos.

What are you talking about?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to someday buying that Ascalonian Shortbow listed on the Trading Post lol jk, but one can dream!

I think the millions of 1 copper buy orders finally brought the tp down.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: axelbodo.2673

axelbodo.2673

Is there any update on fixing this problem? An ETA would be good.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I doubt they have a full crew on a Sunday, so any resources will be committed to fixing it. I’m sure when it is done we will be told. I wouldn’t get expect any update before though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: warchanter.9574

warchanter.9574

Wow a response in this forum but wrong topic ……now fix the Pick problems everyone has been complaining about.

Thanks!!

[DaP] Warchanter -Mesmer – TC
[DaP] Bench War Mer -Gaurdian – TC

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Wow a response in this forum but wrong topic ……now fix the Pick problems everyone has been complaining about.

Thanks!!

dont call a minority = everyone

i like the pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: warchanter.9574

warchanter.9574

Thanks!!

dont call a minority = everyone

i like the pick

You like the pick because it benefits you. My Molton pick doesn’t give me an advantage like yours(sprocket) does.

[DaP] Warchanter -Mesmer – TC
[DaP] Bench War Mer -Gaurdian – TC

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Thanks!!

I wonder why you would value the opinion of the Game Security Lead on an unrelated topic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bohemoth.7846

Bohemoth.7846

Thanks for being awesome anet, I appreciate the effort it takes to fix something as complicated as the trading post and to do it on a super bowl sunday shows how awesome you really are!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

What are you talking about?

Joke, I think.

I’ve been having trouble with the entire game crashing on me when I open the TP for the last few days, mayhap this will resolve it!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

I’m sorry, I do not have an ETA at this time. Please know we are actively focused on correcting this issue. I’ll update this thread when updates are available.

Thanks,
Sarah

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Thanks for the update hope all the stuff i tried to buy does not get bought after the fix as will be very poor lol any chance of a hold of all transaction’s that happend at the time of the bug

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

As long as we get refunded all is good…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

i just got some buy orders filled and made some sales, so i could pick up some items and gold from the tp.

Cant sell or buy myself yet, still in maintenance mode.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It depends on how good the Superbowl is – if it’s a close game, it might take a while.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

It depends on how good the Superbowl is – if it’s a close game, it might take a while.

lolz…. if this was the case, the entire IT department would be terminated.

Its more like the sooner we finish, the sooner we can get back to the super bowl… not the other way arround.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ninth.2938

ninth.2938

I kept on trying to buy Pile of crystalline dust earlier but TP was bugged, so now i opened it and i keep slowly getting a lot of it because of the many times i clicked before that and it keeps draining my gold and i cant retract my bid, any suggestions?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I kept on trying to buy Pile of crystalline dust earlier but TP was bugged, so now i opened it and i keep slowly getting a lot of it because of the many times i clicked before that and it keeps draining my gold and i cant retract my bid, any suggestions?

I would suggest you not interact with the Trading Post while it is in Maintenance Mode. The sort of things you’re seeing might balance out after the system is brought back online, but it would be best to wait for an All Clear on the TP being back online.

If you have unintended purchases, you should contact Customer Support and discuss the situation with them. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bo Van Swill.7619

i know your pain just lost 100G becouse of stuff i was trying to buy have ended up being bought

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bo Van Swill.7619

I would suggest you not interact with the Trading Post while it it in Maintenance Mode. The sort of things you’re seeing might balance out after the system is brought back online, but it would be best to wait for an All Clear on the TP being back online.

i had bought the items before i knew there was a problem as it stands now was told at the time of buying that it had failed because no listing matched my offer not that there was an issue with the tc. Now i have 100G worth of stuff that i did not need because i was told it had failed

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

i know your pain just lost 100G becouse of stuff i was trying to buy have ended up being bought

A very simple rule: If the trading post is not responding, then do not click like crazy, but wait and watch whether your gold is reduced or not.

it was written…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Well my gold reduced only in the past hour after attempting to put in buy orders about 7 hours ago… I’d like that 50g back.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

They won’t just give your gold because you told what happened. you either need proof. or be less stupid, if the trading post is not responding/ not given anything back. dont keep buying.

i bought 20 crystalline dust and 40 molten cores, i didnt recive them. nothing happend, no gold taken off. But half an hour ago i recieved those items and i dont think i actually paid for those items, or it really must have slipped through without me noticing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bohemoth.7846

Bohemoth.7846

Good thing I’m constantly poor, though if the twilight I tried to buy came though I wouldn’t be to angry about it.

First Dobby dies, now this ! :’(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: axelbodo.2673

axelbodo.2673

I’m sorry, I do not have an ETA at this time. Please know we are actively focused on correcting this issue. I’ll update this thread when updates are available.

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks for the answer. I have just seen that the refund page is fixed and have both buy attempt, that was reported to be failed refunded at all with the failed sell atempt as well. Now we’ll wait patiently for the whole fix.

Alex

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I would suggest you not interact with the Trading Post while it it in Maintenance Mode. The sort of things you’re seeing might balance out after the system is brought back online, but it would be best to wait for an All Clear on the TP being back online.

i had bought the items before i knew there was a problem as it stands now was told at the time of buying that it had failed because no listing matched my offer not that there was an issue with the tc. Now i have 100G worth of stuff that i did not need because i was told it had failed

Please contact Customer Support so they can look into the matter for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

They won’t just give your gold because you told what happened. you either need proof. or be less stupid, if the trading post is not responding/ not given anything back. dont keep buying.

i bought 20 crystalline dust and 40 molten cores, i didnt recive them. nothing happend, no gold taken off. But half an hour ago i recieved those items and i dont think i actually paid for those items, or it really must have slipped through without me noticing

It’s very honest of you to let us know that, and helpful, too, because sometimes quirks like that help us resolve an issue. Can you take another peek after the maintenance mode and see if the incoming items and the outbound payments synched up? I’m curious that about and thanks again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

GscGunner.2419

its not a matter of gold. it only cost me a few gold. i am glad to try to help. TP is up for me. but same as before.

i cant buy anything or sell anything, when i try to buy items, i’ll just get the error that it is not available. how can i help? because i would really like to buy some molten lodestones, been waiting to buy them and craft volcanus all day :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

GscGunner.2419

NVM, trading post i down again. and to clarify again, maybe i did pay for the items i bougt (only molten cores, not crystalline. sorry for misinformation) but i just didn’t notice it since i also was doing dungeons and ofcourse recive gold for that.

(edited by GscGunner.2419)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fluffee.4567

Fluffee.4567

What’s the estimated remaining time for the maitenance?

in Black Lion Trading Co

GscGunner.2419

Just want to confirm. trading post works for me and lots more people. and everything works fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Any ETA on this, I currently have a naked warrior that I need to put gear on :P

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

Just want to confirm. trading post works for me and lots more people. and everything works fine.

“but it would be best to wait for an All Clear on the TP being back online.”

I try to tell people this and direct them to this thread on forums, but ALL IS VAIN. Maybe next time it would be a better idea to like mail everyone this info or something. I expect a lot of people to get some type of glitch from all of this. everytime it comes back up for a few minutes everyone spams it to heck.

in Black Lion Trading Co

GscGunner.2419

just bought some items and created volcanus. worked perfect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fluffee.4567

Fluffee.4567

Oh great! Thanks for fixing it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Loirine.8321

Loirine.8321

I’m still having errors when trying to sell. Is the selling still broken or is it just me?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hey all,

The Trading Post is back online. Loco- get some clothes on

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your understanding.

~Sarah

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I tested it by selling a cheapy weapon and yeah still bugged. Will try again a bit later. Lost a whole 1silver but not a huge deal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hey all,

The Trading Post is back online. Loco- get some clothes on

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your understanding.

~Sarah

Thank you all for the great work and determination to resolve the issue!
Have a nice rest of your Sunday.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sgloomi.4103

Sgloomi.4103

Still bugged when selling. Instant ‘Error Attempting to Sell’, just like it was six hours ago when the problem started.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: luxymonsteri.1078

luxymonsteri.1078

Can buy stuff just fine but can’t sell anything. :<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Still bugged when selling. Instant ‘Error Attempting to Sell’, just like it was six hours ago when the problem started.

Can buy stuff just fine but can’t sell anything. :<

yeah same problem also, can’t sell. XD

I will report these notes to the team. Thanks for updating us.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)