Boost Enchantment Powder - what it does

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

So what happens is, when you USE one, it converts an existing boost in your inventory (such as a Strength Booster) into a “Enchanted Combat Boost”.

The “Enchanted Combat Boost” can be one of 4 types:

Strength Booster
Speed Booster
Armor Booster
Rejuvenation Booster

Another type is a Enchanted Reward Booster; it takes the following boosts and combines them into a single booster type:

Experience Booster
Magic Find Booster
Crafting Booster
Karma Booster
Gathering Booster

This basically allows you to stack different booster types in one inventory slot. When you use the “Enhanced Combat Booster”, or “Enchanted Reward Booster” you pick which boost you want and it imbues you with it directly.

So the Powder doesn’t really do anything by itself; you have to use it to turn your old/existing boosters into the new “combo” type boosters, which saves on inventory slots.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Southern.8973

One thing I guess this WOULD do it allow you to convert a speed booster to a strength booster, for example.. or an Experience Booster into a Magic Find Booster.. That’s kinda handy.

I.E., you use a powder to convert a “Speed Booster” to a “Enhanced Combat Booster”, then use the Enhanced Combat Booster and pick the STRENGTH booster.. That works, just tried it.

So for those of you looking for a way to convert booster types you no longer need, this could be useful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s totally…

pathetic.

The BLCs need an overhaul. Giving out the improved boosters would be a small step in the right direction. But this? This is like a band-aid slapped on someone’s face because they have a tooth ache.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Why does it take two karma boosters? Does that mean we effectively lose a karma booster by converting and using the new boosters as a Karma booster?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Southern.8973

Why does it take two karma boosters? Does that mean we effectively lose a karma booster by converting and using the new boosters as a Karma booster?

I didn’t have any to test with, but probably.. I know Karma Boosters are only 75gems while the other boosters are 150 gems, so they probably didn’t want people buying a bunch of Karma Boosters and using the Powders to “convert” them to a more expensive booster type.

So I would suggest if you want to keep your karma boosters intact, keep them in the bank and not your backpack when you use the powders to convert your other booster types.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I wish I could have been able to convert my 30 or so strength/rejuvenation boosters into the ‘reward’ ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I just want to be able to buy the powder outright… I have too many boosts of any one type to save any space at all >.<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I just want to be able to buy the powder outright… I have too many boosts of any one type to save any space at all >.<

You can. For 125 gems each.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… While I appreciate the ability to save more bank space, it really doesn’t seem useful enough to drop gems on it. (Not to mention I used up a bunch of my boosters trying for 8 Orbs on Liadri, so the problem is less acute now.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Hmm… While I appreciate the ability to save more bank space, it really doesn’t seem useful enough to drop gems on it.

This. ANet nowadays is like charging a lot of gems for a small tiny advantage. Comon ANet, stop penny-pinching…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I have to admit I don’t really see the point. If you want a different booster just… buy a different booster? Instead of buying another item to turn your undesired boost into a better boost, an item which costs almost as much as a brand new booster anyway. Or am I totally missing something?

Note that I don’t think spending an insane amount of gems to free up a single inventory space is any sort of advantage at all. If you have 10 strength boosts and 10 armor boosts, you need 2500 gems to convert them all into super boosters… right? Madness.

(edited by Lalocat.6793)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

I have to admit I don’t really see the point. If you want a different booster just… buy a different booster? Instead of buying another item to turn your undesired boost into a better boost, an item which costs almost as much as a brand new booster anyway. Or am I totally missing something?

Note that I don’t think spending an insane amount of gems to free up a single inventory space is any sort of advantage at all. If you have 10 strength boosts and 10 armor boosts, you need 2500 gems to convert them all into super boosters… right? Madness.

Keyrunning is a legitimate method of obtaining keys in GW2. Runs take an average of 17-25 minutes to complete. Over the course of the keyruns I’ve done so far, I’ve got 17 xp boosters, 9 killstreak boosters, 5 MF boosters, 2 karma boosters, 2 craft boosters, 2 harvesting boosters, 1 attack booster, 1 speed booster, and god knows what else sitting in my bank remaining.

As for the point? Look at the assortment listed above sitting in my bank. All boosts combined, you’re looking at 10-12 bag slots. With the boost powder, I can reduce that to 2-3 slots.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

As long as you are getting enough power on those key runs to convert everything, I guess it would make sense. After I posted I saw a screenshot of someone getting like 5 of them from one blc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

As for the point? Look at the assortment listed above sitting in my bank. All boosts combined, you’re looking at 10-12 bag slots. With the boost powder, I can reduce that to 2-3 slots.

We are not saying it is totally useless, but how many gems are they charging for that again? 125 gems, which is more than 13g! Would you spend 13g for a saving of 8-9 bag slots in your example?

It just seems that is something they should be offering for free as the advantage is so negligible. And most of us are not overflowing with boosters in the first place to need this.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Considering it can take up a slot for something else, (you get one for sure and then you could get 1 to 4? as one of the 2 random items) I can’t say I’m much enthused about this. You could even get the guaranteed one, a booster and then 2 sets of these powders. How many people are going to be overjoyed to get up to 3 sets of these and a booster when buying BL keys?

If they wanted to switch the boosters over to enchanted boosters, why not just do that as a patch? Why add this as a clumsy, unwanted mechanic and then put them in the chests, taking the place of other items?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

We are not saying it is totally useless, but how many gems are they charging for that again? 125 gems, which is more than 13g! Would you spend 13g for a saving of 8-9 bag slots in your example?

It just seems that is something they should be offering for free as the advantage is so negligible. And most of us are not overflowing with boosters in the first place to need this.

Free? Hah. You forget that they care 0% what the cost in gold is. Gold cost will always change, but it’s cost in cash? Does not change at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Free? Hah. You forget that they care 0% what the cost in gold is. Gold cost will always change, but it’s cost in cash? Does not change at all.

As I have said, the advantage is too negligible to pay for, especially when I am not bursting in boosters in the first place.

If they ask for money/gold, I would have to calculate and dissect the cost through numbers since I am trained to think that way as an engineer.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

Thinking in terms of game currency for cash shop items is always flawed, especially since the price will simply continue rising. Why do you think it’s laughable about people complaining about the price of upgrade extractors?

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Thinking in terms of game currency for cash shop items is always flawed, especially since the price will simply continue rising. Why do you think it’s laughable about people complaining about the price of upgrade extractors?

Don’t forget even if I buy gems with real money, there is always the opportunity cost of converting my gems to gold versus buying gem shop items like BL keys, so the gem-gold conversion rate still matters as to what I would like to spend my gems on.

Therefore the rising rate can still be an incentive for people to buy gems but with real money, even if all the items in the gem shop suck.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Southern.8973

As long as you are getting enough power on those key runs to convert everything, I guess it would make sense. After I posted I saw a screenshot of someone getting like 5 of them from one blc.

I opened 7 BLCs yesterday and got 9 of the powders in my very first BLC..

The next 6 BLCs I opened I only got 1 in each one. :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Anet probably monitors global supply of items (yes they look in our banks). More than likely they see a stock pile of boosters that aren’t being used. This is a great way to clean up bank space and get rid of all those old boosters. Who knows, maybe one day they’ll get rid of the individual boosters and just sell the two enchanted. The only down side I know of at the moment is to not convert XP boosters. We need XP boosters to craft Improved Experience Boosters. And yes, you can stack Improved XP, XP, and Laurel XP boosters.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

nevermind how much gold it costs to buy these. they cost 83% as much as a new booster. meaning it is almost the same price to just buy a new exp booster as it is to turn a mf booster into a exp booster (and you’d end up with 2 boosters instead of 1). saving space is also moot, as deleting the first booster then buying the one you want costs almost the same price as a powder.
overpriced.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

nevermind how much gold it costs to buy these. they cost 83% as much as a new booster. meaning it is almost the same price to just buy a new exp booster as it is to turn a mf booster into a exp booster (and you’d end up with 2 boosters instead of 1). saving space is also moot, as deleting the first booster then buying the one you want costs almost the same price as a powder.
overpriced.

Where are you getting this “price” from? As the Black Lion Armor vendor is not selling them yet. Should you be buying keys for these, no. It’s a nice bonus when you do open a chest though.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Where are you getting this “price” from? As the Black Lion Armor vendor is not selling them yet. Should you be buying keys for these, no. It’s a nice bonus when you do open a chest though.

The question is, is it still worth it to buy a key? Previously the answer was no, after all the science experimentations. Now, the answer is probably still no.

Continuing what I said above…Therefore the rising rate can still be an incentive for people to buy gems but with real money, even if all the items in the gem shop suck. This means that ANet only needs to make their gem store items attractive to those players who spend gold for gems and the players who spend real money for gems should follow.

ANet should profile those players who have been spending gold for gems, see what kind of gem store items they need/like, and how much gold they would spend for certain gem store items in order to bring up the exchange rate. This will in-turn draw in the players with real money as a result.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this item should have been a vendor item and sold for 2g each and it would be a very nice goldsink

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Finally got a key from map exploration and got these and got excited thinking they were something new. Then I read the description and was disappointed: more useless boost crap from BLC xD. I deleted all my boosts ages ago because I never used them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I love these and would have bought them directly, got rid of my 250 crafting and gathering boosters and now have 250 magic find or karma boosts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Be careful using these, they don’t let you choose which of your boosts in inventory they consume. I clicked all 5 of them I got from some random key and it ate some random boosters I had in inventory – I don’t even know which ones it ate as there was no log or confirm or window or anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Be careful using these, they don’t let you choose which of your boosts in inventory they consume. I clicked all 5 of them I got from some random key and it ate some random boosters I had in inventory – I don’t even know which ones it ate as there was no log or confirm or window or anything.

Pretty sure it’s the boosters in your character’s personal inventory that it converts. Just don’t have your bank open, just to be sure.

I’m converting my crafting boosters. I put those in personal inventory, use the booster and get an enchanted combat boost.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m a bit confused, could someone explain if I get this right. Say I have:

50 x Strength Booster
50 x Speed Booster
50 x Armor Booster
50 x Rejuvenation Booster

If I use one powder, and one strength booster, I then have:

49 x Strength Booster
50 x Speed Booster
50 x Armor Booster
1 x Enchanted Combat Booster

Thus on using one of these I actually now take up five slots instead of four. Even after using 50 of these, I’d just be back to four slots again. So, do I really need to use 100 of these just to free up one slot (assuming that I get no extra boosters in BLCs), or am I misunderstanding how they work?

in Black Lion Trading Co

khani.4786

I’m a bit confused, could someone explain if I get this right. Say I have:

50 x Strength Booster
50 x Speed Booster
50 x Armor Booster

If I use one powder, and one strength booster, I then have:

49 x Strength Booster
50 x Speed Booster
50 x Armor Booster
1 x Enchanted Combat Booster

Thus on using one of these I actually now take up five slots instead of four. Even after using 50 of these, I’d just be back to four slots again. So, do I really need to use 100 of these just to free up one slot (assuming that I get no extra boosters in BLCs), or am I misunderstanding how they work?

That is absolutely correct. I want to be able to buy these as they are on their own. I’d hope something like 10 for 125 gems, 50 for 500 gems, 100 for 800 gems ….yes my price guess is cheap because I personally would need hundreds of them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Yah. Imo they aren’t useful to free up inventory slots in the bank but to convert unwanted or lesser wanted boosters into multi use type boosters. For example, if you have crafting maxed and have a number of crafting boosters, then convert them. Or to carry several enchanted boosters in personal inventory instead of having separate speed, armor, strength and rejuvenation boosters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

khani.4786

For those that haven’t found it yet. You can get the enchantment powders directly for gold.

Visit the Black Lion Armor trader and you can buy the Enchantment Powders themselves to convert your boosters to the two new types OR bring all your boosters with you and you can convert them directly.

NOTE Bring your killstreak boosters to the Black Lion Armor Trader and you can convert those to the Reward Booster.
You cannot convert killstreak boosters with the powders.
You cannot select a killstreak booster from the Enchanted Reward Booster.

Price:
10 silver = 1 Powder
50 silver = 5 Powder
1g = 10 Powders
2g 50s = 25 Powder

Karma boosters are still 2 karma > 1 Enchanted Reward Booster

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

this item should have been a vendor item and sold for 2g each and it would be a very nice goldsink

Now available from Black Lion Trader [Armorsmiths] for 10s each.
The merchant also has tabs to select specific boosts to enchant for the same cost (skipping the powder step)

For those wondering about what boosts are converted when you double-click a powder. It enchants boosts from character inventory in the order listed in the tooltip.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

could have done with this before i used my keys to get the stuff qq

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

lol at your sig Safari, I’ve seen you in WvW at least

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Melora.7418

Melora.7418

So how come we can convert killstreak boosters to enchanted reward boosters, but have no means of getting a killstreak booster back from the enchanted reward booster.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is what should have been done with glory boosters instead of just taking them away with no compensation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Southern.8973

Now available from Black Lion Trader [Armorsmiths] for 10s each.
The merchant also has tabs to select specific boosts to enchant for the same cost (skipping the powder step)

For those wondering about what boosts are converted when you double-click a powder. It enchants boosts from character inventory in the order listed in the tooltip.

Nice! Thank you Curtis!