Boost the Inflation

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Congrats. Now apply it to this game rather than try to make up some double meaning for the word.

I inflated my balloon

I covered this in one of the other threads. When using inflation for an economic currency, you use the economic definition of it. When you look up the definition for inflation, or inflate, you will see that there’s an economic meaning. That’s the one that is used.

your exact words were

Congrats. Now apply it to this game rather than try to make up some double meaning for the word.

No specification there with having anything to do with economics of gw2.

Ok, is your inflated balloon in any way negatively impacting your or somebody elses game experience or imbalances the economy?

No?

You just established that inflation is not a problem for the game.

So I won???

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I inflated my balloon

I covered this in one of the other threads. When using inflation for an economic currency, you use the economic definition of it. When you look up the definition for inflation, or inflate, you will see that there’s an economic meaning. That’s the one that is used.

your exact words were

No specification there with having anything to do with economics of gw2.

Ok, is your inflated balloon in any way negatively impacting your or somebody elses game experience or imbalances the economy?

No?

You just established that inflation is not a problem for the game.

So I won???

Nope, as always, Evon wins.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

So you are claiming the price of T6 mats is only going up because Anet is actively discouraging farming, with the diminishing returns code, and having limited places to farm? (Just trying to understand what you are saying)

Well if this is indeed the case, why are T6 mats not effected by DR? It’s not that they are hard to farm, its just that there are fewer farmers. Look in the crafting forums. Everytime someone mentions farming, the answer almost always is “farm gold and buy them, its easier”. The players are actively discouraging farming. The same happens in game as well. The more buy orders are placed on the TP, the higher the price goes because its more in demand. Whilw gping for my legendary, I spent much of my time farming T6 mats, and collected most of them that way. And saw VERY few farmers along the way. Was actually made fun of by guildies because I was farming them, and was told to farm gold instead.

Its not Anets fault the prices are rising on T6, its the players. You want T6 for whatever? Do the work and farm them. A little research can reveal places where you can easily get at least 10 T6 an hour, with barely trying, and not a huge amount of MF.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

A little research can reveal places where you can easily get at least 10 T6 an hour, with barely trying, and not a huge amount of MF.

Since heavy loot bag drop rates aren’t affected by magic find, it has barely any impact since that’s how most of them drop.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

@Ayrilana

Inflation is based on general goods. It’s however hard to say when a general good goes into luxury good. Is t3 luxury yet? T4? Maybe t5? Or is it t6? Maybe t7? Is t1 even a general good anymore? No easy conclusions here, and AT LEAST UP FOR DEBATE, something wich seems really hard for you to understand. Inflation may be well defined, but one of the sources (general good), is already flawed in it’s definition and generally perceived status, making your point mood. Even economy masters cant say exactly what is luxury, what is basic sometimes.

IF the economy master wanna keep being stubborn: here is a case for you. There is white bread (clearly general wood, most basic food out there), and there’s special brown breads, that are more healthy (like 10 seed bread). Is 10 seed bread luxury because it’s better for health, harder to make, and as such ‘a luxury’ item or is it still baseline cause the whole world eats it and accepts it? I’m pretty sure even master economist have no clear answer to this. Even if they resort to math, the math is designed by humans who in the first place had a bias when they created the formula (otherwise they wouldnt have finished the formula).

It’s a rant, but i’m tired of people using the inflation argument for themself, when even THEY don’t know the clear definition of it (or it’s problems in definition).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

@Ayrilana

Inflation is based on general goods. It’s however hard to say when a general good goes into luxury good. Is t3 luxury yet? T4? Maybe t5? Or is it t6? Maybe t7? Is t1 even a general good anymore? No easy conclusions here, and AT LEAST UP FOR DEBATE, something wich seems really hard for you to understand. Inflation may be well defined, but one of the sources (general good), is already flawed in it’s definition and generally perceived status, making your point mood. Even economy masters cant say exactly what is luxury, what is basic sometimes.

IF the economy master wanna keep being stubborn: here is a case for you. There is white bread (clearly general wood, most basic food out there), and there’s special brown breads, that are more healthy (like 10 seed bread). Is 10 seed bread luxury because it’s better for health, harder to make, and as such ‘a luxury’ item or is it still baseline cause the whole world eats it and accepts it? I’m pretty sure even master economist have no clear answer to this. Even if they resort to math, the math is designed by humans who in the first place had a bias when they created the formula (otherwise they wouldnt have finished the formula).

It’s a rant, but i’m tired of people using the inflation argument for themself, when even THEY don’t know the clear definition of it (or it’s problems in definition).

That’s some serious flawed reasoning. I can use your reasoning and refute a lot of other arguments in-game and in real life. Of course, it’s flawed so I’d be wrong more often than correct. You cannot simply refute something because an item can progress up to a high category (general good vs luxury good). General good has a pretty clear definition. Perhaps you should take a peak at it sometime to see what it is. I would also look more deeply into what inflation is and how it is measured.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All you did so far is use the word flawed, on other posters. Maybe you should watch the definition of ‘flawed’. You clearly don’t know it either.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All you did so far is use the word flawed, on other posters. Maybe you should watch the definition of ‘flawed’. You clearly don’t know it either.

Perhaps you should read the rest of my post first before making rash accusations that i dont know what flawed means. Thanks.

It seems to me that you would rather dispute someone’s use of a term in their argument than argue against their argument. I could make a statement that gravity is what keeps us on the ground and you’d argue against the definition of gravity.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

A little research can reveal places where you can easily get at least 10 T6 an hour, with barely trying, and not a huge amount of MF.

Since heavy loot bag drop rates aren’t affected by magic find, it has barely any impact since that’s how most of them drop.

I actually got a majority of my T6 from regular drops, not in heavy bags. But heavy bags can and do help.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Since you love words with double meaning.

“I made the water run.”

Did I have the water run as I turned it on and let it flow or did I make the water run as you do in a race? See how they’re the same word but have different meaning in their definition?

Or is the run a track for water to follow, and you made this particular one?

We could go for hours with this.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I imagine it’s more for entertainment/see what everyone has to say than engaging in a discussion.

I would have jokingly suggested that maybe the John Smiths have a drinking game for it, and they pull up a thread and take a shot every time someone uses inflation incorrectly, but that would be impossible. Because if they did that, they would have all died of alcohol poisoning a long long time ago.

There’s enough drinking games being played on the forums already ;D

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The term inflation, even within the semantic context of economic discourse, follows modifiers such as currency, price, demand-pull, cost-push, etc. Demanding that the term inflation only references quantity theory is not accurate. Whenever I read professional articles or texts about the connection between price inflation and currency inflation, the author makes the distinction clear.

Consider the effect of the modifier for inflation that the OP chose and its effect on their argument. _The_inflation….

I think many of the amateur economists on this forum hide behind semantics because currency quantity theory is difficult to structure within an economic ecosystem that uses a dozen plus cross referenced currencies, guaranteed employment and universal production.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The term inflation, even within the semantic context of economic discourse, follows modifiers such as currency, price, demand-pull, cost-push, etc. Demanding that the term inflation only references quantity theory is not accurate. Whenever I read professional articles or texts about the connection between price inflation and currency inflation, the author makes the distinction clear.

Consider the effect of the modifier for inflation that the OP chose and its effect on their argument. _The_inflation….

I think many of the amateur economists on this forum hide behind semantics because currency quantity theory is difficult to structure within an economic ecosystem that uses a dozen plus cross referenced currencies, guaranteed employment and universal production.

Keep in mind that this is a videogame forum and not an economist forum.
Most people who read this topic propably have no clue what you are trying to say.

Me included.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Keep in mind that this is a videogame forum and not an economist forum.
Most people who read this topic propably have no clue what you are trying to say.

Me included.

I wonder if john smith or any other economist (someone who actually studies it) can sticky a commonly list of misused term. I kinda want to read this forum but it getting harder to read when people use inflation to represent limited supply or some sort.

Boost the Inflation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Demanding that the term inflation only references quantity theory is not accurate.

People who use inflation to refer to quantity theory are adorable.