Boxes o' fun

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: In It To Win It.2315

In It To Win It.2315

With the recent handing out of Boxes O’ Fun I wanted to ask if there might be a possibility to get them added to the monthly rewards just as something fun to get that doesn’t have a direct affect on the game? I ask because the recent influx of boxes has made hanging out in town more interesting all around and a continue supply of them would be great for the community IMO.

I’m In It To Win It.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think these are probably teasers. To get people interested in them and to start buying from the gem store.

Like how a store will hand out small samples of something in hopes people will try it, like it, then buy for real.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

The problem with the current way of aquiring Boxes o’ Fun, is that a single person pays the cost, while everyone else benefits just as much as that one person who actually bought it. Since there is such a large positive externalize here, the supply for the Box o’ Fun will never meet the demand.

Also, Petrified is the best Box o’ Fun ability… maybe if we could get a “Box o’ Petrified” more people would by them, even with the massive positive externalities involved.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Oh god, please not more Boxes

Attachments:

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Agree, I get and see so many that I just drop them or destroy them and ignore any Icome across that others have dropped.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

The problem with the current way of aquiring Boxes o’ Fun, is that a single person pays the cost, while everyone else benefits just as much as that one person who actually bought it. Since there is such a large positive externalize here, the supply for the Box o’ Fun will never meet the demand.

Also, Petrified is the best Box o’ Fun ability… maybe if we could get a “Box o’ Petrified” more people would by them, even with the massive positive externalities involved.

See sig

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I’m glad they drop like this so I don’t need to pay gems for my Quip

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

You know the owner of the box of fun can set it to only petrify?

Double-interact with the box to get yourself an ‘adjuster’.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jabberwock.9014

Not good enough Curtis! We need the endless tonic for maximum petrification! I’m sure plenty of people would be willing to pay gems for that.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zeeZ.5713

zeeZ.5713

I would totally buy a Font of Petrification :P

Also, thanks Curtis for pointing out such a thing existed, the wiki did not know!

(edited by zeeZ.5713)

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Oh yeah. People drop them all by bank npcs and trading post crap so you can accidentally use them instead of quickly talking to the npc. >.< So annoying.

I appreciate the gesture, but most people just want to trash them because its more wasted inventory space. :/

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I’m surprised noone has made a fuss that they essentially gave away an item that takes the place of lodestones for a couple of legendary weapon recipes. Especially after handing out hundreds of badges of honor.

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: celicynd.9420

celicynd.9420

Edit:

Never mind… never realized when i fell back I got a weapon to smack it with.

(edited by celicynd.9420)

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

You know the owner of the box of fun can set it to only petrify?

Double-interact with the box to get yourself an ‘adjuster’.

Now if you could make it so that in WvW, any player from an opposing server would be hit by petrify if they ran past the Box, then at least these would be useful!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZDBioHazard.8246

ZDBioHazard.8246

I’m surprised noone has made a fuss that they essentially gave away an item that takes the place of lodestones for a couple of legendary weapon recipes. Especially after handing out hundreds of badges of honor.

The achievement boxes started dropping literally the day after one of our Guardians made the Gift of Entertainment. Could have saved him ~9g. He ain’t even mad.

Now if you could make it so that in WvW, any player from an opposing server would be hit by petrify if they ran past the Box, then at least these would be useful!

Haha, a couple days after these boxes started showing up everywhere, I was in EB, and our zerg was pursuing an enemy zerg. One of their guys dropped a Box o’ Fun, the Medusa popped out first, and half our zerg stopped to play with it. xD

Ara Daybreak [GT] – Charr Elementalist – Henge of Denravi

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Not good enough Curtis! We need the endless tonic for maximum petrification! I’m sure plenty of people would be willing to pay gems for that.

Would you be willing to make it really endless, neverending, no dismiss, no expire, no change on logoff?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Boxes o' fun

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jabberwock.9014

Would you be willing to make it really endless, neverending, no dismiss, no expire, no change on logoff?

Heh, that would be something. Permanent game over tonic. Hey at least I would get to spend more time outside :P