Buy Armored Scales?

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Apparently one of the big reasons why we had the big price drop was due to barrucuda’s dropping them (they were a spawned minion mob like wolves).

This was recently fixed, as aluded to here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Barracuda-s-bugged-stealthnerfed/first#post1051887

Buy a lot?

As an interest in self disclosure, I have 2000 armored scales I bought when they were back at 8s, so I hope to profit off this when it gets back to the normal level of 22s!.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

note, price has shot up 1s in the past few hours

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, manipulate that market! I love this forum!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

A quick look at gw2spidy does show that there is a huge supply to be worked through, but these do look to be worth picking up as long as you are prepared to wait for a return.

Shame I’m at work right now, otherwise I’d probably pick up a few stacks myself.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Ahhhhhhh, that explains all the underwater bots killing barracudas!

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

Read the details of the link, and check gw2spidy… there is a huge oversupply of these right now so the price is low when compared to historic levels. The source of this extra supply has been closed off, so once the market works through these extras, the price will rise again.

There may be a speculative bubble as a result of this post, and the price may surge then crash again as people try to jump on for short term profit, but I believe the OP was looking at it as a longer term investment.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

I was buying scales yesterday for less then 5 silver and current price is 9s.
I think that same goes for vicious claws since bots farmed a lot of those, while farming corrupted LS.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Read the details of the link, and check gw2spidy… there is a huge oversupply of these right now so the price is low when compared to historic levels. The source of this extra supply has been closed off, so once the market works through these extras, the price will rise again.

There may be a speculative bubble as a result of this post, and the price may surge then crash again as people try to jump on for short term profit, but I believe the OP was looking at it as a longer term investment.

The problem is “many bots farming scales” not “one additional summoned mob had a chance to drop something”.

So NO, prices will continue go down, may be not so fast.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

The problem is “many bots farming scales” not “one additional summoned mob had a chance to drop something”.

So NO, prices will continue go down, may be not so fast.

I looked at the sell listings in gw2spidy, and noticed that the quantity listed peaked a lot higher than it did before the bot ban waves in early November. It’s also worth noting that bots have been reportedly seen farming barracuda (which was the mob summoning additional numbers that could drop scales).

Having said this, I could be wrong and scales could keep dropping in price, but I’m still willing to put money on the price rising despite the presence of bots. At the end of the day, we’re both making judgements about what we think might happen to price of an individual item based on what we observe happening in the wider game environment.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

So prices peaked at nearly 9s and now they’re hovering at 8s.

The speculation crashed at 9s, but and we’re at a crossroads right now as to whether it’ll go up or down.

I believe we have reached a temporarily equilibrium, as the buyers have stopped buying to speculate, while the sellers are probably selling their excess armored scales for profit.

Perhaps over the next few days, as the excess supply wears down, we will start to see an increased price since the true supply rate (the rate from moldy bags and mobs) will drop from now on.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Scales just went up 2s in the past hour

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

And crashed back to 6s since everyone jumped to sell their stock.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I was somewhat shocked to see my 5.90s order get filled

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

I guess it’ll be spikey for the next few days until it stays at a higher price thanks to reduced drops.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I figure at least 2 weeks before they find their new (probably higher) stable price.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Here is my personal observation:

I saw many scales supplied at certain price points.

E.g. lets say there are 900 scales at the price of 8.4s

That is a clear indication of someone dumping all of their investments. Once that entire ‘artificial’ supply is gone, it’s gone from the market (or unless someone bought that to invest as well).

So the price is going to fluctuate over the next few days as we have people dump all their investments. Once that trickles to a halt, we will see a gradual rise in price.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

on europe they are up to 8s again, from 5s 24 hours ago, seems they are steady now @ 8 as they did not dip below 6 during the night.

(edited by Jiro.6589)

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

5s and dropping. looking at the listings scales are still being dropped in 500+ unit listings.

I think the bots are still quite active.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m shocked my 4.9s order for 100 got filled :O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

No because if the bots weren’t banned that means them farming armored scales for how many months with stacks and stacks of scales…will not raise the price. If they do a massive wave of ban hammers do bots then I’d say buy your armored scales. Got my order filled in about 2 minutes after ordering…so yeah >.>

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think drops of krait fractal have been nerfed too
my group found a total of 3 t5 scales and 0 t6 scales, difficulty 26

usually I find 5-10+ t5 scales alone and this time just 3 for whole grouop

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

This is one of the more interesting items lately. We’re still seeing the item all over the place (and even crashing sort of) due to a bunch of people still flipping them.

But at the same time, regardless of how many are being speculated on, the true supply must be going down albeit slowly.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I wonder: when they ban a bot, do they also keep track of that bots sending habits and ban them or remove the loot?
like if a bot collected 10,000 armored scales, sent them to another account owned by the same person, then got banned.
I’ve been thinking for a little while now that Anet shouldn’t be so focused on bots, but should also do sting operations or something on the accounts that sell the stuff the bots collect. I bet the account that sends out the gold holds a lot more of that person’s wealth than the bot account they used to get it. Once it’s not profitable for them to run bots, they’ll stop.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m soooo tempted to stockpile on around 1-2 stacks and wait for anet to release a recipe that will call for an exorbitant amount of mats come the major patches in jan/feb.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Something like craftable ascended gear? Well, I doubt it will come quite that soon, but it will eventually.

Also: it appears as though we have reached a new record peak in supply (54K), suggesting that most of the short-term speculated stuff (+ a bit more) since the prior all-time peak (53K) has been dumped back on the market.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Lol nice market manipulation

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Looks like someone just dumped +3000 armored scales at a set price.

I really hope anet bans all the water bots soon.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

If the barracuda thing was fixed, why is it still plummeting so hard?

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

If the barracuda thing was fixed, why is it still plummeting so hard?

the bots are still operating, and they’re dumping a huge amount at a set price.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syntax.3704

Syntax.3704

Armored scales are back above 6s finally…. it will only be temporary though unless the bots get banned =\ Prices are probably rising due to people playing again after the holiday

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Traders do not create fake supply and demand, where did I hear that again?

1+1 = potato

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Armored scales are back above 6s finally…. it will only be temporary though unless the bots get banned =\ Prices are probably rising due to people playing again after the holiday

Yes, let’s ban the bots and not all of the people purposefully manipulating the market.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I’m trying to make my legendary and what are you doing? Market manipulation with my ingredients… 15 gold the stack of scales… thx guys…

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

They used to be 18-20s the piece = 50Gold for 250, Be happy

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Yes, thank you a lot… bots.

But I can tell you that nobody will buy those to you for 20s, if that’s what you hope for later. Soon they won’t probably even be needed for legendaries → Scavenger hunt. And then poof… 1s per scale.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

But I can tell you that nobody will buy those to you for 20s, if that’s what you hope for later. Soon they won’t probably even be needed for legendaries -> Scavenger hunt. And then poof… 1s per scale.

You do realise when there are more precursors arround, the prices of the other legendary materials will go up ? …

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

But I can tell you that nobody will buy those to you for 20s, if that’s what you hope for later. Soon they won’t probably even be needed for legendaries -> Scavenger hunt. And then poof… 1s per scale.

I’ve just looked back through my records, and I was buying them for crafting back when they were at the 18-20 silver mark and I was still making a profit from my crafting.

From my perspective, the cost of materials is only relevant in terms of how it impacts my return on investment.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Of course not, because it’s a precursor scavenger hunt, which means you’ll no longer needs any of the materials needs to—-

OH WAIT, NOW I GET IT.

You’ll still need T6 mats because it’s only a PRECURSOR scavanger hunt, not a LEGENDARY scavenger hunt.

Good luck hoping that with the introduction of a PRECUSOR (not legendary weapons) scavenger hunt, that people won’t need T6 mats to actually CRAFT THE LEGENDARY.

2/10 for trolling, not amused.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadPig.3029

MadPig.3029

I found no bots in the water around the karka island guess thats why Armored scale price is skyrocketing

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

at this point people are starting to speculate on armored scales

This will be good.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

all bots on desolation cursed shore are gone
i just bought up all ancient bones till 2 s, shame i dont got more gold available atm

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

What is happenig last 2 days? Prices went up. Is really Anet baning bots? Or just market manipulation?
Bones almost 1s up by 2 hours? Really?

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Might have hit the jackpot this time… I missed profiting off the last bot-banning so hopefully I’ll make bank this time.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Well its always nice to see that supplies are running low – bot banning succesfull.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syntax.3704

I’m not sure what is going on with it right now. The supply is climbing fast. I guess people who speculated on it at 6s or 4s are cashing out now?

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

I’m not sure what is going on with it right now. The supply is climbing fast. I guess people who speculated on it at 6s or 4s are cashing out now?

People who were speculating for the past 2 days are probably trying to sell off, as well as the people who bought it low several weeks back are selling their inventory off.

As an example, Vicious Fangs

For awhile they were at 4s, and someone may have bought 3000 of them to bring them up to 6s. Now that they’re at 9s, he wants to drop them all off, which will halt the price until it gets all bought out.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Yeah, I predict they will rise again though once the early sellers get out. Same thing happened after the last bot-banning. Probably should have sold some at the peak and rebought, since I saw this coming, but I’m a bit too cautious to sell off my investments with no guarantee of regaining them.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Wow, supply up to 60k.

Looks like all those people who speculated and bought up scales early on are cashing out.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syntax.3704

Indeed. On the plus side, the last time supply was this high and demand this low, the price of scales was 5s.

Another indicator that bots are out of the running for now. I’m just patiently waiting on the price to rise.

Buy Armored Scales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

Almost 6000 views on this thread- that’s probably the reason for the high sellout…