Buy Gems, you Cheapskates!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Hi,

I’m sitting about 50g now and want to buy some gems. But I refuse to buy them when I get less than 100 gems for each 10g. Last night it would just not get to that level. For my 50, it was 490, 497, 495… etc and never above 500.

So, get off your Duff and buy some gems with cash so that I get above 50 for my 50g.

Please.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

Or, do three dungeon runs. kthxbai

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hi,

I’m sitting about 50g now and want to buy some gems. But I refuse to buy them when I get less than 100 gems for each 10g. Last night it would just not get to that level. For my 50, it was 490, 497, 495… etc and never above 500.

So, get off your Duff and buy some gems with cash so that I get above 50 for my 50g.

Please.

they dont have to just buy gems, they have to buy gems and turn it into gold.
But why would they do that unless they are making a legendary? the bulk of new gear/items are in the cash shop

So tell anet to put more things in game, so people want to shortcut them and get gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lankybrit.4598

It’s on principle. Not for any rational reason. Sure, I can come up with more gold. But then I want more gems from it.

Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lankybrit.4598

Hi,

Please.

they dont have to just buy gems, they have to buy gems and turn it into gold.
But why would they do that unless they are making a legendary? the bulk of new gear/items are in the cash shop

So tell anet to put more things in game, so people want to shortcut them and get gold.

Ahh, that’s right.

Then – Come on Guys, buy some gold with all those gems you have. Convert! Convert! You know you want to.

Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Just buy 1600 gems with $20 yourself, then exchange the excess and as a bonus you will now not only have the amount of gems you wanted but also more gold. It’s like a win-win.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

It’s on principle. Not for any rational reason. Sure, I can come up with more gold. But then I want more gems from it.

You’re silly

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Principles are good. My current principle (all my principles are subject to change, I’m progressive that way) is that $10 should equal one complete armour set, in order to use cash here it has to be minimum a cultural set – so once $10 = 120G give or take I’m game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Let me borrow your credit card… then I’ll buy gems specifically for converting to gold…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I bought one gem. I hope that helped.

Oh cash, well never mind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I am not doing any $$ to gems to gold trading UNLESS the rate is 100 = 10g+. Until then all my purchase gem purchases will not translate into gold.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lankybrit.4598

Just buy 1600 gems with $20 yourself, then exchange the excess and as a bonus you will now not only have the amount of gems you wanted but also more gold. It’s like a win-win.

Another principle I have is not to spend any more $$ on the game, so sorry, that doesn’t work for me.

Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Another principle I have is not to spend any more $$ on the game, so sorry, that doesn’t work for me.

But you’d encourage other people to spend more $$ on the game?

/tilt

If this is some weird form of boycott, you’re doing it wrong. =P

As for me, I don’t find the gem-to-gold ratio favorable enough yet, so I’m keeping those gems for something else. It’s whatev.

Many alts; handle it!
“Iā€™m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….Then this entire post is a joke, right? I mean, there are words for those that tell people to do something they will not do themselves….

You want to continue to play the game, but are unwilling to support it….does that just about sum up your funny little thread here?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I have not bought any gems since the Teq release since I felt the game was going in a bad direction that I did not want to support.

The end of LS season 1 showed some promise, but LS season 2 will really have to deliver before I start spending money again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Why don’t you just get off YOUR Duff and buy some gems?

Desolation ā€“ EU ā€“ [KING] ā€“ Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

….Then this entire post is a joke, right? I mean, there are words for those that tell people to do something they will not do themselves….

You want to continue to play the game, but are unwilling to support it….does that just about sum up your funny little thread here?

I absolutely cannot tell if this thread is serious or not.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I wonder who could be behind this post |>

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

A lanky Brit. (You can tell by the British sense of humor).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Yeah, buy more gems and convert y’all!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

Gem price will only be going up. Those gold sellers in the game only make things worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I buy gems occasionally, but I only typically make purchases on the gem store when what I need is on sale. Right now, I’m waiting for character slot expansion, bank tab expansion, or collection expansion to go on sale. I don’t wanna pay full price for those.

Hopefully there’ll be some good summer sales soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

I’m sure others thought it, but I’m going to say it – I really hope you are not projecting anything into it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Hi,

Please.

Forget that, I used to buy gems (gem cards) but my wallet has been locked for a few months now, and until the game improves and an expansion is sold, I can’t see myself buying another gem again. Buying gems would reinforce the idea that I support what the devs are doing to the game and I don’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

silvermember.8941

Hi,

Please.

Forget that, I used to buy gems (gem cards) but my wallet has been locked for a few months now, and until the game improves and an expansion is sold, I can’t see myself buying another gem again. Buying gems would reinforce the idea that I support what the devs are doing to the game and I don’t.

Don’t worry buddy, an expansion wont happen for at least a minimum of 1 year and fortunately for the developers they only need like 15% of the population to buy stuff to make profit on AVERAGE.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

I’m sure others thought it, but I’m going to say it – I really hope you are not projecting anything into it.

Well, I wasn’t. But I guess you were. ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No no no.

No no no.

No no no.

Please continue to buy gems with gold, everybody! We’re almost within sight of that magical day when I can sell 100 gems for 10 gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blude.6812

Hi,

Please.

Don’t worry buddy, an expansion wont happen for at least a minimum of 1 year and fortunately for the developers they only need like 15% of the population to buy stuff to make profit on AVERAGE.

As long as idiots buy bling that have no affect on stats, the game is doomed. Oh boy I can buy a hat with flowers on it—what fools they are and it ensures that game will not improve.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Well, I wasn’t. But I guess you were. ^^

Lor’ luv a duck! I swear I ‘ad no such in’enshuns me dear.

(Brought to you by … oops, can’t link the link because a certain british dialect is kittened out, being too snobby I suppose. Ok, the dialect has a rooster in it – anyways, I used a translator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lankybrit.4598

Well, thanks everyone. The rate did get to an acceptable level during the week, and I got 511 gems for my 50g.

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

in Black Lion Trading Co

silvermember.8941

Hi,

Please.

As long as idiots buy bling that have no affect on stats, the game is doomed. Oh boy I can buy a hat with flowers on it—what fools they are and it ensures that game will not improve.

Or they are people with different preference than you, I mean who knew that there people out there different than you? Only a fool, disregards a person individual perferene.

What makes your comment even more sadder is the fact that the game has been improving without the need for an expansion. So what you are really saying is you want to pay 60 dollar for something you can get for free.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blude.6812

Hi,

Please.

Or they are people with different preference than you, I mean who knew that there people out there different than you? Only a fool, disregards a person individual perferene.

What makes your comment even more sadder is the fact that the game has been improving without the need for an expansion. So what you are really saying is you want to pay 60 dollar for something you can get for free.

I guess you should read you own reply. You can disregard my preferences, but I can’t disregard yours. and BTW many posts disagree with statement that the game is improving—your statement is your feeling only, many would challenge it.
and the last sentence makes no sense at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ll buy more gems with cash when Anet decides to make this game something beyond a cash grab. Been waiting since last summer, and I’m not to worried about spending any cash in the next few years.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Not gonna put another cent in this game until they add good permanent content to the game. (Not fractals)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Not gonna put another cent in this game until they add good permanent content to the game. (Not fractals)

Amen to that. I’m sick of the “running against the clock” approach.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Hi,

Please.

The title of this topic offers great advice and you could follow.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hi,

Please.

Or, you could actually support the game and buy gems with cash!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No.

I lost my town clothes, they lost my financial support.

I’m pretty sure they can figure out how to get it back.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The exchange rate went back down again. Guess it’s back to waiting till ANet releases more “must-have” stuff for players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: maxks.5807

maxks.5807

The exchange rate went back down again. Guess it’s back to waiting till ANet releases more “must-have” stuff for players.

oh don’t worry, in only 4 hour the exchange is changed by 7,5g to 10g…. very good for nerd
not for me
ty ANET