Buying Gems Problem

Buying Gems Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Downers.6847

Downers.6847

Been unable to buy gems for a few days now.
Keeps saying that my card approval has failed.

I know I have enough money in my account and that the details are right.
I even got my brother to buy some gems on his account with my card.

But it just keeps saying that my card approval has failed when I try to buy gems on my account.

I’ve tried talking to support many times and have had no reply.

Can someone please give me a hand?

Buying Gems Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

Have you called your bank to see if they put a hold on that transaction? It’s a quick phonecall and an easy fix if that’s the problem. Also, have you bought a lot of gems lately?

You emailed support already, but sometimes they take a little time to respond on the weekends. Usually they’ll send you a reply stating this.

Buying Gems Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Downers.6847

Yes I have got a lot of gems last week.

Already rang my bank. They said it must be a problem on the other end.

Buying Gems Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

Yeah, you probably hit the threshold of gems/time. I’ve hit it quite a few times. I don’t know how many gems or how fast you have to buy them to hit their magic threshold, but once you do you have to request to have it lifted. It’s usually for 24-48 hours. I’ve been told that over time the block wears off and you can buy gems freely, but Anet keeps it mum on how long that is, or whether any attempt to buy gems resets the time. Best bet is to contact a CSR to get the block lifted and in the future space out Gem purchases.

Edit: I’ve been told it’s an anti-hacked account thing. But I’m sure there are some economic reasons why they do this as well.

(edited by ebrown.8193)

Buying Gems Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Downers.6847

Cool cool man.

I’ll wait until tomorrow and if I still can’t buy any I’ll contact support to get it lifted.

Cheers for the info man : )