Can you please stop making *outfits*?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

It’s a kittening FAIL to sell us complete outfits isntead of sets that we can mix and match ourselves… The moment i saw that new lich armor i already wanted to buy but then i realized it was yet another outfit… NO WAY i will buy something like that and look like a clone number 412123 while wearing it, simply NO WAY.

We want to decide ourselves on how to use each armor piece, not wear complete sets.

Enjoy losing your money that you could’ve gotten on LOTS of customers anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Would you prefer to be forced to use transmutation charges every single time you updated your stats?

And for some reason I doubt they lost money from “LOTS of customers”. People that likes the skin will buy it regardless if it is an outfit or an armor. Just like how people who doesn’t like it won’t buy it no matter if it was outfit or armor.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Unfortunately, this is probably never going to change, as long as it continues to be way easier to make a one-piece outfit and not have to worry about clipping.

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Clipping can be solved by PLAYERS THEMSELVES.

And yes, i would prefer to use those super easy to get transmutation charges of course just to avoid looking like a clown in their preset outfits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Asia loves outfits, outfits are here to stay. If anything mix and match armor is on the way out.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And yes, i would prefer to use those super easy to get transmutation charges of course just to avoid looking like a clown in their preset outfits.

So you would rather potentially pay more for the items? I have a feeling you might be somewhat of a minority with that view (yes I know transmutations charges are easy to come by but people have been raging about the new system since it was announced)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Yes and no. There are situations where players could go “oh item B clips badly with item Z – I will use it with item X instead.” But then there are players who would say “this clips badly – this is so unprofessional, I’m not buying a crappy set like this again.”

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

So you would rather potentially pay more for the items? I have a feeling you might be somewhat of a minority with that view (yes I know transmutations charges are easy to come by but people have been raging about the new system since it was announced)

and for absolutely no reason, stop living in the past and wake up.
you’re not paying more for the items, it’s all on you when you do, it’s called patience.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

I think what the OP really wants is more control over outfits. Perhaps if outfits were broken into slots that covered each piece of armor could be enabled/disabled and switched with other outfit pieces. I can’t imagine this would be an overly complicated change, plus I feel like most players would enjoy this.

I like outfits and I like that they are cheaper and provide variety of a look outside a classes traditional armor variations. Again I agree with the OP that the biggest flaw is that they have significantly less customization options than traditional armor skins.

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Strike.1340

Strike.1340

Agreed …. I dislike outfits as well because it removes the option of utilizing the good parts while leaving out the terrible parts. for example some races look absolutely terrible with part X of whatever outfit. but the rest looks great.

That being said outfits do have one use … while leveling you can look ok vs the mismashed conglomeration of whatever you happen to be wearing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would rather pay transmutation charges to apply the specific pieces that I like while avoiding specific pieces that I don’t. If the armor clips with certain other armor, then so be it, I might not use that combination. Plenty of armor from launch still clips with other armor from launch, so I can’t imagine clipping is that big a deal.

They have argued that the real problem is that the outfits basically all use a different animation rig than normal armors (I suspect it’s the Light Armor rig in at least most of them), and that there are differences in how Light/Med/Heavy torsos are designed to interact with the legs, such that you can’t combine a light armor top with a medium leggings.

This may be true, but it’s no reason to give up on mix-and-match. For one thing, they should just fix this. It was a silly decision in the first place and if necessary they should work through to re-rig all current armors to the same skeleton.

Second, even if this is a problem they cannot fix, they can work around it. For one thing, it only impacts the central mass of the outfit. There’s no reason why they couldn’t still allow you to mix and match the boots, gloves, shoulders, and helms with other armors. Yes, they would need to design the “under sleave/underlegs” versions for the armors, but this is not a huge deal. As for the cores, there’s a perfectly good solution already in the game, the Citadel of Fire armors. If you equip the torso of that armor, it equips the visual for the leg as well, completely ignoring whatever you have on there. Do the same here, if you equip an Outfit torso, it overrides the leggings graphics with the Outfit legs, allowing the visual continuity they want to have. That would give you slightly less mix and match opportunities than most costumes, but more than we have now.

Now, as for the people who say “but I want to have them not take transmutation charges,” why can’t they do both? If you buy an outfit, you would get two things, a set of skins that you can permanently transmute (spending charges), AND an outfit that you can pop in and out of at will, for free? This allows both camps to be happy.

And while we’re at it, it would be great if they had some option to build your own outfits. Like you could assemble a look that you wanted, and then use some consumable gem store item to take a “snapshot” of that combination, and store it. Then you could always recall that look as an Outfit, without spending any additional charges. It would be great for people that might want to change between 2-3 different looks, without wanting to spend charges each time they switch, or have to keep several full armor sets in their inventory.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

I would rather not pay for transmutation stones, plus having an alternate costume is nice from time to time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

A game were aesthetics is the end-game, and we are presented with outfits. Oh the irony.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

A game were aesthetics is the end-game, and we are presented with outfits. Oh the irony.

And the outfits aren’t aesthetically pleasing?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

Outfits were in GW1 (remember Grenth’s Regalia?). They’re not going anywhere. I don’t mind them since there’s so much more armor than before and those are mix and matchable with transmutation stones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mikskinoff.7591

Mikskinoff.7591

Would you prefer to be forced to use transmutation charges every single time you updated your stats?

And for some reason I doubt they lost money from “LOTS of customers”. People that likes the skin will buy it regardless if it is an outfit or an armor. Just like how people who doesn’t like it won’t buy it no matter if it was outfit or armor.

I think you get it very wrong here.. I’ve spoken quite some people who did not buy the items because they are outfits. I skipped all outfits simply because i like to mix and match items and don’t want to spent money to be a clone. Mad kings outfit, Raiment of the Lich, Bloody prince outfit and Cook’s Outfit. That’s already about 40 euro’s Anet missed only from me because of the “outfits”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

Agreed outfits should go out there were two sets that I really wanted to get just to mix with my current Raiment of the Lich and Ceremonial Plated Outfit. sucks they didn’t bring the wings as a backpiece for the raiment of the lich xD who knows they might release it as one for the halloween event…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

I’m not a fan of the outfits either. I got the ancestral for pretty much one character, and have used it on some lower levels. However each of the other outfits has some aspect of it I really dislike. Not being able to use what I want and leave the rest behind is deal breaking. I have purchased multiple armor skin sets.

I guess if they want to make outfits, I just hope they go back to also making skin sets. I wouldn’t mind paying more gems for the same appearance in an outfit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

At least let all hide-able parts (that are hide-able when wearing armour) be hideable in outfits too!!!

And do somethings bout the "#&/% TAILCLIPPING on Charr allready!!!

Kima & Co

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

The outfits aren’t bad, just some are a bit too fancy for my tastes. And for the town clothes ones to be made into outfits rather than tonics. Immensely annoying not being able to dye them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

They’re not outfits, they’re uniforms.

I bought one uniform with gold to gems. I don’t use it as I’d prefer only part of the uniform to make an outfit.

I would have bought two outfits with real money (as I didn’t have enough gold at the time) if I’d been able to use just the parts I wanted. As it was all or nothing I didn’t bother.

Pirate uniform. I only wanted the hat. I would have paid to be able to use just the hat. It’s one of only about 3 pieces of head gear that don’t look ridiculous due to removal of all the character’s hair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Speaking for myself, I’ve gotten almost every armor and armor piece from gem store.
I’ve also converted quite a while ago ~4k gems to use for future purchases and I’m still sitting on the same amount of gems because, even tho I like outfits, not being able to mix’n’match is a deal breaker for me.

Outfits do have their uses. For example for people who like to look pretty while leveling or for people who are too lazy to build their own style but somewhat care about estetics etc. The fact that ANet pops outfits regularly means that people clearly like them and buy them. Outfits are also much easier to make then armor sets, so it’s a win/win situation for ANet.

The only case I see ANet changing their practice is if the amount of money that could be earned from releasing outfits simultaneously with weighted armor sharing same skin is greater then the amount of money/effort that converting outfits to weighted armor requires.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

And the outfits aren’t aesthetically pleasing?

Some components, but not the whole set. i.e. that weird cone shaped collar in Ceremonial outfit. Mix+Match provides more creativity than slapping on a premade set.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat