Can you transmute Krytan, Primeval, and Profane armor skins more than once?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I read a post from one player stating these sets could only be transmuted once, afterwords they were stuck on the first set you transmuted them to.

Is this true?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

No, I have transmuted my Krytan armor multiple times.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aquila.3984

Aquila.3984

I cant seem to transmute mine and I have tried basic and fine stones. The transmute tab stays grayed out….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Janson Smalling.1850

Janson Smalling.1850

You don’t need to use a Transmutation Stone the first time, but you can absolutely use them in subsequent transmutations with a stone, if both items that you want to transmute match type, and weight. (Light/medium/Heavy)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: one of them.7509

one of them.7509

I’ve transmuted mine a few times.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

You can transmute it as many times as you like so long as you always choose to keep the ‘look’ of the skin, while discarding the old stats.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dracius.8014

Dracius.8014

The massive distinction is that you can transmute it many times, so long as you are willing to pay in more for the transmute stones.

I had paid a good sum of money into the way in which they addressed cosmetic skins in GW1. The GW 2 method seems insulting, at best. Gear changes far too frequently for this to appeal to me, and I will probably stop playing the character I got the cosmetic skin for.

I would like to think I am getting good value if I put more money into this game, but the $/gem weight and the constant push of the mechanics to sink gems and gold will keep me from spending any more on this game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sinic.3926

Sinic.3926

The massive distinction is that you can transmute it many times, so long as you are willing to pay in more for the transmute stones.

I had paid a good sum of money into the way in which they addressed cosmetic skins in GW1. The GW 2 method seems insulting, at best. Gear changes far too frequently for this to appeal to me, and I will probably stop playing the character I got the cosmetic skin for.

I would like to think I am getting good value if I put more money into this game, but the $/gem weight and the constant push of the mechanics to sink gems and gold will keep me from spending any more on this game.

…I upgrade my armor every 10 levels which I consider frequent. I get 3 basic transmutation stones for every area I completely explore, each yielding exactly 5 levels. By the time I’m done two areas, I’m ten levels higher and have 6 stones to use for my new set. This also excludes the the stones I get from black lion chests. I don’t understand your problem.

(edited by Sinic.3926)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

^ This. I’ve never run out of stones, I have a pile sitting in my bank of the lower level ones.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemain.9802

Nemain.9802

I’ve been transmuting my armor from lvl 20. At lvl 80 I currently have +20 transmutation stones.

The Fine transmutation stones are another matter, was out of them until yesterday. But then I got lucky and found 5 in a black lion chest, so now I have enough for the 2 armor pieces and 3 weapons I’ve got left to upgrade to exotic (I’m an armorsmith).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I bought the Profane Skin set from the gem store. At the time, I only had two pieces of exotic armor to apply them to and applied the rest to “green” armor to complete the look and assumed that I could later transmute the “greens” to exotics with fine transmutation stones. I buy 5 stones at the gem store and find that it will not transmute as the button remains grayed out. To date, support has been of absolutely NO help.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I bought the Profane Skin set from the gem store. At the time, I only had two pieces of exotic armor to apply them to and applied the rest to “green” armor to complete the look and assumed that I could later transmute the “greens” to exotics with fine transmutation stones. I buy 5 stones at the gem store and find that it will not transmute as the button remains grayed out. To date, support has been of absolutely NO help.

Yes you shouldnt have any problem transmutating them with level 80 stones, this is a bug it seems.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

The armor types of the armors must still match, it’s most likely that you’re trying to transmute light → medium or something to that extent.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Would it be possible, perhaps, to remove that restriction on transmutations?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

The armor types of the armors must still match, it’s most likely that you’re trying to transmute light -> medium or something to that extent.

In my case this is not the problem. I also checked to see if it’s an issue with skins by going to the HOM and getting a Heritage Skin to see what would happen. It will allow the transmutation.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand since day 1

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Puandro.3245

I noticed you have the new gear released in Nov 15th. Maybe there is a bug with that, got another item you can test it on?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I noticed you have the new gear released in Nov 15th. Maybe there is a bug with that, got another item you can test it on?

What gear was that Puandro? The Profane skins or the exotic armor? The exotic I’m trying to use it on was bought from the BLTP and I wasn’t aware it is a new type of armor, if that is the case.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Puandro.3245

Can you transmute the Heritate shoulder with the Profane one?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Puandro.3245

What gear was that Puandro? The Profane skins or the exotic armor? The exotic I’m trying to use it on was bought from the BLTP and I wasn’t aware it is a new type of armor, if that is the case.

Apoth armor is new.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Was kind of scared to try that if it might cause further issues, but hey, why not… it would look better than the little mantle it appears as currently.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Puandro.3245

Was kind of scared to try that if it might cause further issues, but hey, why not… it would look better than the little mantle it appears as currently.

i didnt mean to actually transmute it, but see if the button is grayed out, but fi you want to waste a stone on it its your call.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Nope… doesn’t work. It’s these stones!! The stones are defective!!! haha. No but seriously… same dead end result as my other attempts.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

The Heritage skins work as stones as do the profane skins. No difference in functionality according to Anet. In actuality, my “stones” statement above may have some merit since they do not function as the skins do.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

What does the text above the button say when you have selected each panel? For example, does it say “Good” or “Same Item”… something like that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darhk.3795

Darhk.3795

The armor types of the armors must still match, it’s most likely that you’re trying to transmute light -> medium or something to that extent.

In my case this is not the problem. I also checked to see if it’s an issue with skins by going to the HOM and getting a Heritage Skin to see what would happen. It will allow the transmutation.

Just out of curiosity are you actually clicking the part from each item you want to preserve? Skins without stats (Gem store/Heritage) apply automatically but when you transmute items with transmutation stones you have to click the 2 to 3 parts of the item over to the middle that you want to keep before the button becomes active. So in your first screenshot you need to click the Profane Mantle skin at the top, then the stats and rune from the Apothecary’s Exalted Mantle. After that the button should become active.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Eh no? That wouldn’t make any sense at all.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astralporing.1957

Eh no? That wouldn’t make any sense at all.

Why not? (though that likely is a discussion for a separate thread, and different subforum)

Actions, not words.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

How does it make sense that heavy armor looks like light armor or vice versa? Also, that would make it impossible to narrow down an enemies profession before a fight starts.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astralporing.1957

How does it make sense that heavy armor looks like light armor or vice versa? Also, that would make it impossible to narrow down an enemies profession before a fight starts.

It doesn’t matter anywhere except in sPvP, where transmuting is impossible anyway. And as for armor designs… i have thought more of exchanging between light and medium,or heavy and medium. It would allow for more variation in the looks, allowing for chainmail-wearing rangers (instead of trenchcoat brigade look only), leather-clad warriors, fully clothed female casters, lightly-clothed rogues etc.
Anyway, sorry for trying to derail the thread. The suggestion thread for this is here

Actions, not words.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

You need to actually click on the parts of the armor you want to transmute in order for the button to become active. The transmute window has three components: skin, stats, and rune/gem. So in this case, you would click on Profane Mantle to keep the skin, click the stats from the Apothecary, and I believe the rune should auto-select since the Profane doesn’t have one on it already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aspectacle.5301

aspectacle.5301

If the button is greyed out check that you don’t have one or both items in an invisible bag. I encountered an issue the other day where the transmute button remained greyed out because of this but moving the item to a normal bag allowed the transmutation to occur.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

The top screenshot shows that you have not selected the upgrade yet, if i remember right, even if only 1 item has an upgrade, you still need to select it….. correct me please if im wrong

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I was finally able to resolve the issue with the transmutation. I was selecting the stats and rune section, but neglected to select the particular skin to transmute. Whereas the skin transmutation automatically merges to the center, the stones do not work in quite the same way. Props to Noother.2190 on this one! In fact, thanks to ALL of you for tips, suggestions, ect. Makes me proud to be part of such a helpful group of people in this game.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AxisNSIn.7938

AxisNSIn.7938

Ok what i want to know is how to Transmute them cuz i bought it and ever since ive been trying to do it with several armors and still i don’t get to make it work T_T

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ok what i want to know is how to Transmute them cuz i bought it and ever since ive been trying to do it with several armors and still i don’t get to make it work T_T

From your post I’m assuming you bought a Krytan armor set from the gem store and you can’t get them to work. First, they are skins so the first time you don’t use the transmutation stones. You click on them so that a panel appears and then you select the correct piece of armor and drag it over to the panel. Second, it requires medium armor. Light and heavy will not work.

If this isn’t what your problem is, then I will need more details.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AxisNSIn.7938

AxisNSIn.7938

yep. that’s the one i bought. and thanks for telling me how to work it out