Candy Corn sink

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: roadrunner.8920

roadrunner.8920

There needs to be some sort of sink for Candy Corn. Anyone else having trouble getting rid of their left over candy corn? Tried selling it, but nobody is buying. It’s currently the most supplied item on the trading post.

EDIT:
I feel like the exotics aren’t enough to get rid of all that candy corn.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

People can always eat them.

Also halloween foods and almost anything halloween needs them as mats.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Hold on to them a little longer. No point trying to sell them while everyone else is trying to do the same thing. I doubt you’ll see a queue of people wanting to craft exotics with how ridiculously expensive the other materials are, but when the demand starts picking up again it’ll be more worthwhile to dump them then.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Candy corn was always over supplied. Successfully doing the jumping puzzle and instance hopping did after all reward 15-20 bags every ~2 minutes.

I doubt the price will ever go down. As soon as it rises, it’ll just go down again from everyone else dumping them. I didn’t even farm them and I still have around 2000 bags from just doing the JP a few hours before it closed.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Some of the cooking recepies will drain away candy corn (corn is currently cheaper than many other cooking mats).

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

A temporary recipe to get rid of halloween materials would be good. to have another shot at the portable mystic forge

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Good thing I sold all mine when Candy Corn was selling for 20 bronze each.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

I’m curious about this, as well. I’m wondering if the economy team sees almost 5 million CC on the trading post as a problem or not. That’s not counting whatever people are holding on to.

4 million CC is enough to make 2000 skins. Currently there are roughly 300 skins on the TP. They aren’t selling because they’re expensive and no one’s making any more because the cost to make them is 5x the cost to buy them. That means nothing is getting sinked there at the moment. I think the only place CC is currently leaving the market is through consumables, and not very quickly at that.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Candy Corn was at 4.3 million yesterday, it’s at 4.8 now..

Location, location, location.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

i allways wonder why people sell candy corn. Look you can stack a 10% Movement speed buff for about 1 min. And you can use that even in areas where the use off skills doesnt work.
Candy corn is the WvW / PvE consumable and you can no longer farm them.

Think about it it takes at least 1 Yeahr befor you can refarm the candy corn.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

I always wonder why people sell candy corn. Look you can stack a 10% Movement speed buff for about 1 min. And you can use that even in areas where the use off skills doesn’t work.
Candy corn is the WvW / PvE consumable and you can no longer farm them.

Think about it it takes at least 1 Year* before* you can re-farm the candy corn.

With nearly 5 million on supply I doubt we need to wait 1 year to get more though… We’re probably good for the next 10 years without farming.

Location, location, location.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

naa if all wvw and pve players start active using the Candy corn to speed buff, then the supply is gona be drained very fast.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

naa if all wvw and pve players start active using the Candy corn to speed buff, then the supply is gona be drained very fast.

Will never happen because of the sugar crash. There are free profession based speed boosts that are faster, longer, and contain no negative side effects. If you don’t have your inventory open into a small window and aren’t weapon swapping out of combat specifically to use speed buff skills you’re playing the game wrong.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

I don’t think we need a candy corn sink yet, but if 7-8 months come around and the supply is still above 4 million units then there might be a problem where some small changes to recipies or changes to the halloween event itself in the future where candy corn nodes are not as common as they were for this year.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

roadrunner.8920

Haha. It’s now at 5 million. The second highest supplied are Cinnamon Sticks at 2.3 million

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

Will never happen because of the sugar crash. There are free profession based speed boosts that are faster, longer, and contain no negative side effects. If you don’t have your inventory open into a small window and aren’t weapon swapping out of combat specifically to use speed buff skills you’re playing the game wrong.

There are profession-based speed boosts that are faster/longer, yes. No negative effects, sure.
Except that candy corn stacks with profession boosts afaik, and you can also purge sugar crash/sugar rush with more candy corn. The puking removes the boon, so just pause a moment to puke before the zerg hits, and you’d be set.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

I’m curious about this, as well. I’m wondering if the economy team sees almost 5 million CC on the trading post as a problem or not. That’s not counting whatever people are holding on to.

4 million CC is enough to make 2000 skins. Currently there are roughly 300 skins on the TP. They aren’t selling because they’re expensive and no one’s making any more because the cost to make them is 5x the cost to buy them. That means nothing is getting sinked there at the moment. I think the only place CC is currently leaving the market is through consumables, and not very quickly at that.

300 skins and enough for 2000 more on a TP which serves every single server?

Doesn’t sound like there is a huge over-supply to me, unless there are significantly fewer people playing GW2 than I thought.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

300 skins and enough for 2000 more on a TP which serves every single server?

Doesn’t sound like there is a huge over-supply to me, unless there are significantly fewer people playing GW2 than I thought.

Problem is, currently skins sell for significantly less than crafting them. So why would anyone craft them?
Maybe make 4 halloween skins into the MF a guaranted precursor? Would be expensive enough with 400+ gold per forge.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

Problem is, currently skins sell for significantly less than crafting them. So why would anyone craft them?
Maybe make 4 halloween skins into the MF a guaranted precursor? Would be expensive enough with 400+ gold per forge.

Because there are 300 on the TP (figures from this thread, not from the actual TP) and more than 300 people that play GW2?

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

There are profession-based speed boosts that are faster/longer, yes. No negative effects, sure.
Except that candy corn stacks with profession boosts afaik, and you can also purge sugar crash/sugar rush with more candy corn. The puking removes the boon, so just pause a moment to puke before the zerg hits, and you’d be set.

Speed buffs do not stack in intensity. When you’re hit with multiple speed boosts the game chooses the best one. You can however stack same speed speed buffs in duration.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Because there are 300 on the TP (figures from this thread, not from the actual TP) and more than 300 people that play GW2?

Do you see anyone running around with halloween skins? I didnt see one in days. So the demand isnt there, probably because the skins look sub par anyway.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Seems like nearly every other ranger or thief that I see has Arachnophobia.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Maybe its different on the servers.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

roadrunner.8920

I think I agree with Malediktus. The reason why no ones crafting them is because the costs of crafting them is way higher than just going out and buying them on the TP, which therefore means no one is using the supply. Of course there are other ways to consume candy cane, but they’re extremely small sinks in comparison. Not everyone is shoving candy canes in their faces before battle.

For the supply to go away, there needs to be either another sink, or the prices of the Halloween items need to increase. (Which I doubt they will)

The 4 halloween skins into the MF a guaranteed (Maybe not guaranteed like 30%) precursor recipe seems to be a good idea too. Would increase increase the demand for halloween items.

(edited by roadrunner.8920)

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

The TP is not a bottomless pit of halloween skins.

“They will just buy them off the TP” is a temporary situation. Once the crafted ones are sold people who want them will have to craft them.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

The TP is not a bottomless pit of halloween skins.

“They will just buy them off the TP” is a temporary situation. Once the crafted ones are sold people who want them will have to craft them.

Only if the demand for Halloween skins at the price of 30g or more is greater than the supply. Currently that is being shown to not be the case, so the skins are simply sitting on the TP even at ‘only’ 30g.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

But theres zero supply, except the existing one. Noone in their right mind will craft them if the price wont go up.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

But theres zero supply, except the existing one. Noone in their right mind will craft them if the price wont go up.

Right. There is a ‘limited’ supply, but the demand is so little that even that limited supply isn’t getting used up meaning prices aren’t increasing, meaning the supply isn’t increasing, meaning the amount of CC available isn’t decreasing.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

roadrunner.8920

Exactly right.

Candy Corn is now almost 5.2 million. How high will it go? Any bets gentlemen?

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Well I dumped all my candy corn for 1cu each into the trading post today and sold all ToT bags and yellow halloween crafting materials to the merchant today. Saves a lot of bank space.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

Just like in real life, no one wants candy corn! lol

I just stored all of mine on an alt, maybe I can make use of it next year.

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

I eat candy corn in my Alpha Siege Golems. It speeds them up!

I hope there is always enough candy corn to satiate its hunger.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dualius.4916

Dualius.4916

I think the problem is the supply didn’t burn fast enough during the event.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

The big issue as pointed out in the crafting forum is the other mats that go into these skins are just dumb. Some of them take 3-5x the gear they are modeled on and it looks like candy corn was tacked on after the fact.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

roadrunner.8920

Not bad. Candy Corn went up to 6.4 million.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mousethecat.1835

Mousethecat.1835

I don’t know if I was unobservant before, or if they made this change without me knowing, but all foods made with candy corn state they provide a 15% exp bonus.

:O

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Really? I’ll have to look into that.

Bonus xp seems wierd anyway. A lot of items just say +10. Did they leave off the % because I seem to get more than 10.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WhiteChocolateWalrus.2396

WhiteChocolateWalrus.2396

Can we assume the price will rise to 3c in the next 2-3 months?

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

My feeling is that ANet will make sinks for things like Candy Corn, Butter, Black Lion Chest… things that are flooding the market and not work jack right now. I think they understand the issue and will definitely take some steps in the future. They have been pretty good about that in my view.

——

Some guy called Nudd

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BCPrhys.7230

BCPrhys.7230

I keep trying to purchase CandyCorn for the cooking recipes, but since the BLT doesn’t want to work properly for me, I’ve been unable to.

By the end of spring/beginning of summer, when the suplly of CC has dwindled but people are still making the cooking recipes, you’ll see price rise for this product. Itwill hold true for any recipe mat.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

So, over the past week 400k of candy corn has disappeared at the 3c price range, which means someone’s buying it when they weren’t before. Why? What changed?

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hard to say. It might be a single person buying on speculation for Wintersday, but you’d be chewing up a lot of precious storage to do so. More likely it’s a lot of people buying them up as speculation, or as a future long-term investment. (When prices are rock bottom, the only place to go is up!)

Heck, it could even be some high-end TP trader who’s so rich that he’s just buying stacks of Candy Corn off the TP and immediately destroying them because he can’t think of anything more fun to do with his gold.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

feeding hungry alpha golems

kill all ze thingz

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

So, over the past week 400k of candy corn has disappeared at the 3c price range, which means someone’s buying it when they weren’t before. Why? What changed?

Spicy Pumpkin Cookies: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36084

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

Heck it could even be some high-end TP trader who’s so rich that he’s just buying stacks of Candy Corn off the TP and immediately destroying them because he can’t think of anything more fun to do with his gold.

Yep. And i’m testing a theory that all the vommiting will help my fa norn lose some weight to fit into her wintersday gown. So far i just ruined a pair of boots.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mousethecat.1835

Mousethecat.1835

I have a bit of interest in this market, so I know and assume a lot of things like…

- Currently, it’s a non-renewable item. The current supply is all that we’re going to have (as far as we know now). That quality alone makes it a good candidate for market speculation and manipulation.
- The holiday event is coming up. Maybe there will be more candy corn being spawned? Maybe not. Maybe the new recipes will require candy corn? Maybe those recipes will make something actually useful and awesome. Maybe it’ll suck and be worthless. Who knows? I don’t know, but it’s a reason to be interested in the stuff.
- If you’re going to buy a lot of the stuff, you can just re-list on the TP so it’s not taking space. So you’ll probably lose the listing fee, big whoop.
- Someone with a couple hundred gold could buy up the current whole 3c supply, and with a few hundred more gold, probably stabilize it at 3c or 4c. A couple hundred gold shouldn’t be that much to a serious business trader.
- All foods made with candy corn provide 15% exp bonus, as opposed to 10%. That’s neat.

It’s been an interesting market to watch, along with the ToT bags, now that the endless tonics that come out of them aren’t bound.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Unspecified.9142

- All foods made with candy corn provide 15% exp bonus, as opposed to 10%. That’s neat.

You forgot to mention:
- The foods last 45 minutes instead of 30.
- Spicy Pumpkin Cookies are currently 1/3 to 1/4 the price of other similar foods because CC is so cheap and (currently) plentiful.

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

So that’s all good info but these things didn’t suddenly become true this past week. Is it just that people are finally running out of their personal stashes so a dent is being made in that on the TP?

Candy Corn sink

in Black Lion Trading Co

Unspecified.9142

This thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/PSA-Pumpkin-Cookies-1s-vs-Omnomberry-Tarts-5s/first#post893450

Started 10 days ago. Posts in the forums have a significant effect on the TP prices, supply, and demand. The market started to shift slightly before Nov. 30 but after that thread it went nuts: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36041

I don’t know that’s all there is too it, but I’m sure it contributed.

Edit: You can more clearly see the effects of that thread by looking at Spicy Pumpkin Cookies: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36084