Candy corn selling like... candy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

The candy corn market went crazy today. Over 400k sold in the past 12 hours. The entire stock at 3c is gone. What gives? It had been starting to sell, but there seems to be a massive buyout underway that no one has the inventory space to be doing on their own.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I don’t know. Maybe your posting history from last month could enlighten us.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

It’s been disappearing at a rate of about 50-100k for the last week or so. 400k in 12 hours is rather significant especially since other than Spicy Pumpkin Cookies there really is nothing worth using them to make.

Oh well, whatever the case the supply needs to go.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Something just occurred to me. You can package food for the Captain’s Commendations, right? Can you use Candy Corn in these donations? If so, it may be somebody buying up Candy Corn by the truckload in order to turn into Commendations while they’re cheap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

I don’t know. Maybe your posting history from last month could enlighten us.

Your comment makes no sense. Most of my posts on this forum have been about Candy Corn as I find it a fascinating item on the market because it’s rather unique in it’s combination of massive quantity, limited usage, and the inability for more to be farmed.

If what you’re trying to imply is that I’m trying to drive up the market, that makes little sense as it’s basically impossible based on what I just posted above.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

Something just occurred to me. You can package food for the Captain’s Commendations, right? Can you use Candy Corn in these donations? If so, it may be somebody buying up Candy Corn by the truckload in order to turn into Commendations while they’re cheap.

Candy corn is used to make the cheapest level 80 exotic amulets (3 of which nets you 2k commendation). I suppose it’s possible someone was trying to get as much commendation before the update even though it’s been confirmed that it will still be available after the update.

I have noticed that about 40-50% of what was purchased in the past week (of the ~1m at 3c) was actually just purchased and reposted at higher prices. When you consider that some people might be stockpiling (I know I have my bank tab full that I unfortunately bought at 6c) it might actually only be 30% of what’s being purchased that’s being used, which is still a healthy chunk of CC that’s finally going away, though much faster than I would have anticipated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

I suppose it’s possible someone was trying to get as much commendation before the update even though it’s been confirmed that it will still be available after the update.

It could be somebody farming commendations to stock up on BLK’s. I believe commendations are probably the most cost-efficient way of obtaining keys at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

I suppose it’s possible someone was trying to get as much commendation before the update even though it’s been confirmed that it will still be available after the update.

It could be somebody farming commendations to stock up on BLK’s. I believe commendations are probably the most cost-efficient way of obtaining keys at the moment.

This seems likely to me too… stocking up on keys in anticipation of Wintersday. While the recipe will still be valid once Wintersday is live, acting now would be a way of getting ahead of any potential price rises caused by a surge of people doing this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

They already said mats from the Halloween event (ie candy corn) are part of the new recipes for this x-mas event..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

They also said new mats will be introduced so guess we will see friday

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

They already said mats from the Halloween event (ie candy corn) are part of the new recipes for this x-mas event..

That’s not how I interpreted what they said… I could be wrong, but I believe there will be new materials that drop while taking part in the holiday events.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

That’s not how I interpreted what they said… I could be wrong, but I believe there will be new materials that drop while taking part in the holiday events.

Yeah, I interpreted it as “Yes, there will be new recipes for Wintersday. They use ONLY new mats dropped during Wintersday.”

That said, I think they probably will still use incidental ordinary mats, just not as much as Halloween’s recipes did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

Yeah, I interpreted it as “Yes, there will be new recipes for Wintersday. They use ONLY new mats dropped during Wintersday.”

That said, I think they probably will still use incidental ordinary mats, just not as much as Halloween’s recipes did.

I went back and read the thread again, and it contained confirmation that there aren’t any resource nodes for Wintersday (alas for candy cane trees) and new Wintersday materials will drop while playing during the holiday event. It was silent on whether the holiday recipes will require any incidental ordinary materials.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

Check reddit. Someone posted this today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14r2vu/best_way_to_acquire_black_lion_keys/

It’s been on the top of the GW2 sub for hours now. And yes, things posted on the reddit can make huge changes to the TP. Because people are willing to jump on anything that can make them money. Usually ends up not being worth it thanks to the price hikes.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

There we go. Mystery solved!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

Check reddit. Someone posted this today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14r2vu/best_way_to_acquire_black_lion_keys/

It’s been on the top of the GW2 sub for hours now. And yes, things posted on the reddit can make huge changes to the TP. Because people are willing to jump on anything that can make them money. Usually ends up not being worth it thanks to the price hikes.

Aaaah. That makes sense. Personally I don’t find the keys worth spending on due to the extremely low drop rate of permanent items and the extreme likelihood of the Wintersday chest being separate, but I can see how a lot of people would want to be gambling on that before the expected gem price hike.

I guess one has to remember that old news isn’t old to everyone.

Also, another 400k of CC was bought up overnight, which was half the stock at 4c.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

It’s crazy how long this method of obtaining BL keys has been possible yet how quiet it’s been til recently.

I’m guilty of not knowing myself until a week ago… Fortunately had a lot of mats saved. I woder if they’ll remove this feature eventually?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

It’s crazy how long this method of obtaining BL keys has been possible yet how quiet it’s been til recently.

I’m guilty of not knowing myself until a week ago… Fortunately had a lot of mats saved. I woder if they’ll remove this feature eventually?

Strictly speaking, isn’t the only reason it’s profitable now due to the increased cost of gems vs. gold? I thought someone did the math when lost shores first started out and it turned out not to be worth it then.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Strictly speaking, isn’t the only reason it’s profitable now due to the increased cost of gems vs. gold? I thought someone did the math when lost shores first started out and it turned out not to be worth it then.

Im not really talking from a profit perspective – what I mean is being able to utilize mats in game to get black lion keys in game – mats you already have.

I realize previously one could sell all the mats instead and make the money to buy gems and convert these to BL keys at a possibly cheaper rate.. but In some cases (I.e. lacking time) people like me who hoard all their resources had a very quick way to get some BL keys without doing the math and the conversions and the buying/selling of multiple individual items.

So yes from a pure profit perspective you’re probably right. But from a convenience standpoint, I enjoy, for example, throwing rare trinkets I get into the forge for commendations rather than salvaging, selling the ectosl converting to gems, etc.

That plus I like to use the gem conversion as little as possible to avoid contributing tithe watering down of the gem values.

Oh and for the record (not sure if I’ve mad this my obvious point): I think it’s great they have multiple methods to obtain them. Options are good. You can use RL money, game money (convert to gems) or gather/buy all the mats. Seems like there’s a good method for most types of players.

Edit: one last thing – the conversion to commendations was also a great alternative for people like me who have jewelry of every time for trying to test out builds – pieces that’s know I’ll never make builds around I can now use to get commendations, which is a cool bonus on what was basically rotting in my bank as junk

(edited by Shlamorel.8714)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

required for recipes for xmas, limted supply, large playerbase
?
profit.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Keirion.9105

required for recipes for xmas, limted supply, large playerbase
?
profit.

Except that that’s misinformation that’s been passed around by people who misread the dev post about them not having a resource like CC for Christmas.

It looks like the selling is slowing down today. It’s still selling but most of the buy orders at 4c, etc have dropped out. Even so, I wouldn’t be surprised if it hit 6c today.