Careful about gem purchases before patch

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

I purchased 1 Marjory Dagger when they were first released. Waited until the re-release a week ago and happily got 3 more only to hear about the new wardrobe being released next month only days after. This essentially wasted 600*3(1800) gems. Figured it was worth a try to submit a ticket for gems refund and was denied; even after a couple pokes.

I know they dont ‘have’ to do anything, so please dont remind of it. Its just a lame thing to do a loyal customer and thought I’d pass along the experience in a PSA sorta way.
Buyer beware!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We don’t know anything about a refund policy yet about dup skins. I’m sure there will be one but the refund will be in gems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Yeah, you won’t be able to do anything until the patch arrives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

By T&C they’re likely to just say kitten it, and keep your money… But since it’s Anet i’d expect certain possibilities to refund your duplicate skins, only if they’re not used yet tho!
If you have unused duplicate skins, I’d recommend to hold on to them until further notice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

They said they can’t do anything until after 15th April patch hits, so don’t submit any support ticket before then. Try again after, and request only if you haven’t used the skins, and I would be surprised if they didn’t refund you at least part of your investment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

I’m sitting on duplicate skin sets i’ve bought, and while the cash’d be nice, i can only think what i couldve gotten alternatively with the gems ._.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

((shrug))

I’ve had two sets of Braham’s armor pretty much since it came out. I’ll ASK about refunding the second set but at the end of the day I’m happy enough being able to copy a few pieces from it on to other characters a third time (and getting the parts I’ve never used out of my bags…).

I don’t have to have a total win to still count something as a win.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You probably need to wait until the patch actually hits before you even start requesting refunds. I’m pretty sure I caught a post in Dev Tracker yesterday where one of the devs said that service reps can’t really do anything or answer questions with regards to the feature patch until it actually goes live.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

There was a red comment saying that support can not help until the patch goes live. It asked that you wait till after the patch to send in your tickets.

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I have multiple gemstore armor/weapon skins as well. I’d love to get a refund on gems (don’t really care for my money back, just the gems would be nice so I can use them for other stuff).

But like people said, they can’t do anything pre-patch. I’m going to make a ticket after the patch and hope for the best.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m a pretty loyal gem store customer, but I’ll be pretty upset if they don’t give a refund for duplicate purchases that are now voided and I’ll be a lot more tight-fisted with purchases in the future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

It was stated somewhere on dev notes to wait until the patch is up and active to submit tickets for refunds

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wait til after the patch release and put in a ticket. I’m betting you get your gems refunded.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

I purchased 1 Marjory Dagger when they were first released. Waited until the re-release a week ago and happily got 3 more only to hear about the new wardrobe being released next month only days after. This essentially wasted 600*3(1800) gems. Figured it was worth a try to submit a ticket for gems refund and was denied; even after a couple pokes.

I know they dont ‘have’ to do anything, so please dont remind of it. Its just a lame thing to do a loyal customer and thought I’d pass along the experience in a PSA sorta way.
Buyer beware!

They stated quite clearly:

UNTIL the patch hits. They will not be doing anything about duplicate skin purchases.

So wait until the patch hits, see what their policy is and THEN request gem refunds.

(You will likely get your refund in gems if you wait until then, and stop prodding them to do it now. Which they very clearly and explicitly stated until the patch hits nothing will refunded. Until it hits.)

So wait patiently for the 15th. (I’m sure they have a system that can VERIFY duplicates, just like the dye system will.)

Which will allow them to check, see that you have 3-4 sets of the same armor. And then their staff can check, okay you for the refund and give you gems back.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)