Ceremonial armor....im in awe

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

The Details….the bump map…

An armor with an actual chest plate (not painted on top of a skin tight shirt)

Im truly amazed how good it looks. I have been staring at it for the past 10 min in the character select screen and I can’t get enough of it.

And it dyes so wonderfully…amazing.

Keep it up Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love it too. Enameled emblaze on the shiny part is… holy moly. Amazing ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Most chest plates don’t appear painted on, they all tend to have mass or appear to.

I’m impressed with the detail, but not being able to hide the gloves or over sized shoulder pieces is a hefty negative in my opinion.

Oh, and I totally forgot about this momentarily, the shoulders actually clip with the collar, at least on skinny male norn. That’s pretty lame considering it’s a full outfit. One of the reasons I actually wanted to hide the shoulders in the first place.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

yep. I also logged in to let anet know how great looking this armor set is

1.) its clean. practically no pixilation (at least on my humans and norns)
2.) it detailed. Very detailed. And again, each detail is clean and pronounced.
3.) great reflective properties, particularly in the metal. At the beginning, not many armors had the sheen that that the skins as of late have.
4.) Realistic looking cloth. often cloth gets overshadowed, but this armor has nice, realistic looking folds and believable material.
5.) its an amazing, and highly inspired design. Refined, dramatic, with a nice blend of cultures (although I would say predominantly European)

now, there are pros and cons to it being an outfit…

Pros:

1.)no transmutation charges needed to apply to multiple characters/alternate armor sets.
2.) its easy to toggle on and off

Cons:
1.) cant toggle anything other than helm (should be at least able to toggle shoulders amirite?)
2.) when anet releases costumes, they only make one at a time. would be nice to see 2-3 different versions of the ceremonial armor, so players can pick the one that suits their characters the most.

if we can get the cons taken care of, we would be in great shape.

thanks for stepping up your game anet and remembering that your going to have to keep upping the standards of appearances the older the game gets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve had a lot of fun dyeing it on most of my alts today. I also set up dye schemes on other outfits and typed them up in Word so I can replicate them later (curse that failure to save dye schemes when swapping looks, it’s the same frustration as Ranger pet names).

What struck me is how well arranged the dye channels are. Other outfits have ridiculous pairings of colors — like male Fancy Winter, where the boots will be the same color as the main coat field, so I can’t have a white coat and dark boots — but this one makes sense and even gives a bonus effect on the hip plates as they are a channel separate from the main armor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

the frill around the neck kills the outfit for me, if i could remove that, i would get it…………..or better yet, make it an armor set so i can mix and match

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Although I don’t like the design it sure is well made and polished.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

the frill around the neck kills the outfit for me, if i could remove that, i would get it…………..or better yet, make it an armor set so i can mix and match

This is exactly how I feel.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I put it on my Asuran guardian. It looks great on her and it dyes so nicely. With some of the dyes on the metal part, you can get a very nice 2 color effect. I picked a brownish green, I forget the name, and it made the details color separately from the background.

I do wish the game had some way to remember the dyes you use on each outfit so that when you swap to another outfit on a particular char, it has the dye combination you picked for it still there.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’d love to be able to use the parts of most outfits. This one is no exception. However, I really do love the idea of outfits (free to apply, no fuss-no muss). I wasn’t a big fan of the shadow set, but I really love this one. Looks like it’s time to grind out some gold!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The armor skin is amazing, hands down the best heavy armor inspired set they made.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

The best part is that I can make a battlemage now!

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It looks far too poofy for me to wear it on my Charr Warrior, but I agree. It’s very well done and highly detailed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

It looks great. I just wish that we could hide the shoulders (same problem with the male shadow assassin outfit).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think it’s …..nice…

If only I could lose the neck frill and the puffy shoulders…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The shoulders and neck frill are fine on Asura, but the other races……

I tried it on my Sylvari, my Charr, my Norn, those shoulders (shudders). Huge. Huge. Huge.

(Did I say they were huge? They are)

ANet needs to either tone down the shoulders or look into the scaling on the races. Giant and floating shoulders are soooooo last WoW.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

The armor is nice. I agree with the posters who said “if I could remove this part”. Wasn’t this the base idea for the Wardrobe system? To make a good looking armor set better through customization? To achieve a unique look? Some posters in other threads can’t seem to grasp this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The armor is nice. I agree with the posters who said “if I could remove this part”. Wasn’t this the base idea for the Wardrobe system? To make a good looking armor set better through customization? To achieve a unique look? Some posters in other threads can’t seem to grasp this.

This is a key difference between armor and outfits. This being an outfit, it functions much like GW1 costumes (which is something we asked them to do) which, with the exception of the head piece, were all or nothing. You either wore it all, or none of it. The exception to that was the head piece, as I already stated, and some of us are pushing for that change to be made here as well.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.