Changes to the Black Lion Chests

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sunset Skye.6087

Sunset Skye.6087

I don’t know if this is new or not, but i had a key drop off of a monster and when i opened one of my chests i wound up with a minipet pack.. I’m not sure of those are one of the new items or not, but yah. I was pretty surprised to say the least.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

whats up with everybody saying kitten.

AmateurNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Are these new permanent tonics/merchants account bound or can they be sold?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

@ John Smith
Is there anything that would actually verify this to the rest of us, who are perhaps becoming skeptical of some of A.Net’s claims?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

“There are quite a few people who have gotten them”

That could mean 12 out of 6,000,000 players for all we know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

hubby got a permanent merchant in one try
I was (am) SO mad…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Northy.1206

Northy.1206

can anyone provide a picture of the new permanent items (not tonics)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cyn.5036

Cyn.5036

open 80 chest got noting ;(

waht is the drop rate like ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fatal OEfx.5910

Fatal OEfx.5910

Are we sure about the recipe’s in the OP? I saw on the wiki that the recipe is 2 mystery tonics, and 2 other items (e.g. butter), all in a 1-1-1-1 format for MF to get the tonic of choice. This recipe was even validated by my roommate.

King Fatal – Lvl 80 Warrior Norn – Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

Well, coming from F2P (P2W) MMOs
im not surprised about the chances on getting the perma items

In one of the games i used to play, people would spend hundreds of dollars just for the CHANCE of getting a special mount or fashion and sometimes they wouldnt get any and they would just buy them off some lucky guy that got them in their first 100 tries,

they werent any game improvement item like this Perma banker or perma NPC or anything, it was just Fashion items
lol!

i once got a pet in my first 20 tries, and sold it for like 50 times the money i spent on the boxes i got it from

is just Luck, people in that game complained too about not getting the mount they wanted from 500+ boxes
i can say this is one of the most profitable ways of making money trough MMOs, lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

I for one am a fan of this implementation. A brilliant…yet, simple idea.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

The Permanent Bank Access Express item seems really unfair—it gives people who buy huge numbers of Black Lion Keys a huge storage advantage over the rest of the players. Pay-to-win, plain and simple.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The Permanent Bank Access Express item seems really unfair—it gives people who buy huge numbers of Black Lion Keys a huge storage advantage over the rest of the players. Pay-to-win, plain and simple.

Yes because bag space is so darn limited with “deposit all collectables”, salvaging and remote TP.

I’ve once and only once really ran out of bag space out in the field. and that was a bugged event that spawned a chest for every participant.

Pay to win my a… kitten.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Yes because bag space is so darn limited with “deposit all collectables”, salvaging and remote TP.

I’ve once and only once really ran out of bag space out in the field. and that was a bugged event that spawned a chest for every participant.

Pay to win my a… kitten.

It’s not just about number of inventory spaces, it’s about time and convenience. Any character that has this will save a lot of time and money because of not having to travel back to town to access the bank ever again. I fail to see how that’s not a big deal. I don’t think it ruins the game or something dramatic like that, but I think it goes too far for a cash shop only item. There’s a miniscule chance of getting this if you never buy Black Lion keys (daily/monthly achievements and map completion can give BL keys,) so you will pretty much only get one by buying tons of keys on the gem store.

If it had a cooldown on it (once a day maybe) that would be much better, imo.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hippocampus.8470

There’s a miniscule chance of getting this if you never buy Black Lion keys (daily/monthly achievements and map completion can give BL keys,) so you will pretty much only get one by buying tons of keys on the gem store.

There’s a minuscule chance of getting it regardless, because it’s really rare. And frankly if someone wants to give ANet hundreds of real-money dollars just so they can keep their bags a little neater, let them. I am not in any way disadvantaged by someone else not having to run to a crafting station or bank teller to deposit non-collectible items. (Since ores and leathers and such can already be deposited from anywhere in Tyria.)

Also, if someone is willing to waste that much money on BLKs, I suspect they’d also be fine using the existing TP setup to store items on there via wasted sell listings and then pick them up next time they’re by a TP NPC.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

Is not really a CASH SHOP ONLY item
you get keys too from completing maps and stuff, if u really wanna farm it and done have money to buy keys from gem shop
farm alts and make new ones and complete maps for keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

To those complaining about losing money from it: Welcome to economics. You took a risk and lost because of a corporate mistake, such a thing happens IRL too. :p

Agree, ever play EVE? I love open economy, even the shafting that comes with it. Makes the game alive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nbvcxz.9248

nbvcxz.9248

I still have no idea if this change is of any help to myself. LOL

Scar
Guild Leader | Raid Commander of Organization Zero | [Zero]
The official Seige Master of Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You don’t need to have a permanent banker to avoid running back to cities all the time, just two accounts…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hippocampus.8470

Yeah, I suppose if people were willing to pay around $60 for keys in an attempt to get this, they should have just bought a second account and stored items in the mail when inventory fills up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Permanent items (banker at the very least) should have been part of the collectors edition and not the stupid limited/one off versions. Either way, the drop rate out of the chests for the perma version will probably be around 0.01%. Doesn’t mean I won’t keep opening chests, but it’s a disgustingly low blow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Why is the drop rate on endless mystery tonics so ridiculously low? I’ve blown all my gold transferring to gems (about 12k gems) and opened 188 chests just hoping to get one, but haven’t gotten a single one. I’ve seen some tables on the wiki that peg the drop rate at around 1%, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was lower considering my sample.

It’s not like this item provides any gameplay advantage whatsoever. I can understand potentially game-breaking items like permanent black lion/banker having extremely low drop rates, but fun items like this should be accessible to those who really want them, without praying to the RNG gods for a miracle. It would make me incredibly happy to see the endless mystery tonics just being sold directly on the gem store rather than go through the pain of this lottery. Even if the tonics had a hefty sum like 20k gems I would much prefer a sure thing (especially considering I want one particular one out of the three varieties). But at the very least I would advocate increasing drop rate to a level where one can reliably get one if they really want to.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I have an endless furniture tonic, dropped within the first 10 chests I opened back at head start. idk if u still want pics but I can if need be

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kittentoes.3427

kittentoes.3427

I think I have 6 Mystery tonics sitting in my bank to date. I need more keys to open all the other chests. That’s my problem so far. Too many chests, too little keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

@ John Smith
Is there anything that would actually verify this to the rest of us, who are perhaps becoming skeptical of some of A.Net’s claims?

If you don’t believe that post what would you believe?

An image could be faked, as could a video. A “player” forum account could secretly be a dev.

If you insist on not believing then no amount of proof will change your mind.

What do you win by having access to the TP without a few seconds of waypointing?

Does it make you stronger in PvE or PvP? The only way it could is if it listed items not accessible in the normal TP which have advantages over the ones other people can access.

I’m not seeing the pay 2 win aspect, it’s a convenience item.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

(edited by Jestunhi.7429)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I have an endless furniture tonic, dropped within the first 10 chests I opened back at head start. idk if u still want pics but I can if need be

And ironically that is the one I want. I feel like they must have reduced the drop rate (or maybe even removed it) at some point because this is getting ridiculous.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

I’m really kitten the kitten off at the moment for many reasons, but I’m going to make an attempt to stay civil in this post.

So let me get this straight. You say mystic chests (and therefore its items like conduits) won’t be crafted from scratch anymore, but existing items and ingredients will remain. So of course every intelligent trader bought out all of these items because there would soon be no supply.

Then you update the game later than when the patch was supposed to be issued, and in the update notes you write that mystic conduits now drop from black lion chests- aka junk that drops mercilessly throughout the game.

Of course many if not all of the traders who were online that invested earlier panicked and immediately started selling out their mystic items.

Now you say, “Oops, it was a mistake, these don’t come from BL chests.” And everyone who has sold out their mystic items can’t even buy them back.

Do you know what you’ve just put me and lots of people through with this mistake? Is this a joke? Because if it is it isn’t even slightly funny.

You also sell higher editions of the games and advertise that players get a 5-day golem banker for paying more for their copy of the game, and now you say PERMANENT bankers drop from BL chests?

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with you people?

This is an old post but you have your chests mixed up. This thread is specifically about Black Lion Chests, nothing at all about Mystic Chests and John specifically said in his second reply that mystic conduits are NOT a part of the Black Lion Chest drops. Your investment is still safe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

You don’t need to have a permanent banker to avoid running back to cities all the time, just two accounts…

2 accounts with characters you play.

I do not know if there is a certain goal you need to reach before mail/guild bank becomes unlimited, but you can not mail and use the guild bank unless you level characters on both accounts.

What do you win by having access to the TP without a few seconds of waypointing?

not having to leave the dungeon/story to pick up an item you just bought.

(edited by illgot.1056)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

not having to leave the dungeon/story to pick up an item you just bought.

Convenience then, no actual advantage other than saving a little time. Not harder, better, stronger or faster?

in Black Lion Trading Co

illgot.1056

That convenience is the difference of wasting money and time, both of which anyone with a real job values.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

Illgot – could that be because they want you to buy gems?

Guess what? Just because there is no sub cost doesn’t mean that the servers don’t require electricity, bandwidth, maintenance, updates, hosting, etc. It doesn’t mean the developers & support staff don’t need to be paid.

They have ongoing costs, they want to encourage us to buy gems.

And if they are doing it in a way which is selling convenience instead of power, then they have my full support.

(edited by Jestunhi.7429)

in Black Lion Trading Co

illgot.1056

Illgot – could that be because they want you to buy gems?

Guess what? Just because there is no sub cost doesn’t mean that the servers don’t require electricity, bandwidth, maintenance, updates, hosting, etc. It doesn’t mean the developers & support staff don’t need to be paid.

They have ongoing costs, they want to encourage us to buy gems.

And if they are doing it in a way which is selling convenience instead of power, then they have my full support.

I support a cash shop, I think it more profitable for the company than subscriptions. I am explaining how valuable an item like a permanent merchant and trade post is to people that keep saying those items offer nothing more but “convenience” and not worth trying to get.

I bought a second account just so I could buy items off the TP and mail them to my main characters. Basically I have a whole account that just handles the TP for me.

If I had the option I would spend 200 dollars just to buy the permanent TP. The permanent merchant would have to give me access to top tier kits and resource supplies to make me interested.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

Being valuable and offering convenience are not mutually exclusive conditions.

It’s not one or the other.

And it’s not a single value to all, it would clearly be more important to some than to others.

Cosmetics aren’t even convenience, they offer no advantage whatsoever. But they are valuable and important to many people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

illgot.1056

Being valuable and offering convenience are not mutually exclusive conditions.

It’s not one or the other.

And it’s not a single value to all, it would clearly be more important to some than to others.

Cosmetics aren’t even convenience, they offer no advantage whatsoever. But they are valuable and important to many people.

Right, an item like a permanent field trade post is extremely valuable to a person like me because I love to play the TP and constantly upgrade/sell gear.

I would pay a lot for such easy access to a trade post or vender (I love keeping my inventory organized and clean).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

Fortunately, you can choose to pay a lot for it if you think it’s high value.

Get buying those keys!

And I, as someone who does not buy it, will not be at a disadvantage during any part of the game except how easy it is to get items from the TP. And I’m sure I can live with that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

illgot.1056

Fortunately, you can choose to pay a lot for it if you think it’s high value.

Get buying those keys!

And I, as someone who does not buy it, will not be at a disadvantage during any part of the game except how easy it is to get items from the TP. And I’m sure I can live with that.

I did that once in a game and spent about 500 dollars and never got any of the decent items. Because of that I just don’t gamble anymore. I will spend 1200 dollars a year on solid items but I will never gamble in game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jestunhi.7429

Fine, whatever, your call what to buy and what not to buy.

As long as we now agree that it’s a convenience item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sixtyninetea.3507

sixtyninetea.3507

FWIW -

Dear Black Vulture,

I ’d rather pay the $14.99/month.