Charged lodestones - Justice at long last.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Thank you Arena.net

Your new patch has just shown the market manipulators true colors and shows us that they were in fact hoarding all of the markets charged lodestones to push the prices up.

Now that we have a new versatile way to acquire them those manipulators now have to sell their stones quickly to avoid gold loss.

In the first hour of the patch the price has dropped 1.5 gold and the supply has increased by 500!!!

This is truly a victory for the players and a defeat to the market manipulator!

Screen 1: Before the patch
Screen 2: 1 hour after patching

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

Whats the way to get them now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

Whats the way to get them now?

There is a binding stone which offers a new way to get any lodestone.
Its in the new achievement token rewards vendor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

How can you tell if that is due to manipulation or just people dumping what they have while prices are still high?

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

How can you tell if that is due to manipulation or just people dumping what they have while prices are still high?

Because the difference in supply.
Before the patch people brought them all to cash in, which as a negative effect made it insane to get them effectively.

But now they are regretting that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

Excellent. Just remove the extreme random element, making it actually possible to “go and get them yourself” a real possibility, and market starts working.

Seems things ARE turning the way I’d hoped them to

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

How does the binding stone work?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I sold all my lodestones awhile ago. My gamble that arenanet would provide another way to aquire lodestones was correct.

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

I sold all my lodestones awhile ago. My gamble that arenanet would provide another way to aquire lodestones was correct.

Same here

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

this should make things a little easier, though i had already spent about 80g on charged cores in the previous week.

let’s see those bolts/infinite lights/mjolnirs!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They will go back up when people have no karma left.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

Meh, just spent 400g on lodestones for aether… and where is your justice?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Excellent. Now we can just sell our piles now and pick them up again at the bottom when prices start to rise again, and be richer then ever.

Market manipulators everywhere, rejoice!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kareth.6572

Hmm i just think that ppl are panicking and actually prices are going to go back there…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is just the market panicking, just as Kareth says. The smart investors will be buying up all the cheap supply, thus forcing prices back up, albeit not as high as they were yesterday.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Those orrian jewelry boxes drop them occasionally too,got about 6 of them there xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

got 10 random lodestones from 1.5 mil karma..panic sales that is all

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

Indeed all this means is people are dumping what ever they had short term…. and wait to rebuy in the next few weeks when prices level out… and wait, for the rebound.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kareth.6572

Huge chunk of market is going to be incredibly unstable for the next 2 weeks or so… You can earn tons of gold with good investments…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Indeed all this means is people are dumping what ever they had short term…. and wait to rebuy in the next few weeks when prices level out… and wait, for the rebound.

This doesn’t make much sense. If you are dumping your goods for cheap, only to buy them back later at higher prices, that means you’re losing money.

I think what you meant was that people are dumping their goods, and investors are gobbling them up and waiting for the rebound.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Whilst the lower prices are welcome, I doubt they are here to stay. Once people run out of thousands of karma to blow, there won’t be such a huge surge in the numbers introduced into the market. It would be nice if this would continue, but I have my doubts that it will. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

The question is: buy now or in a few days? I’m never good at answering this question…

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Liwi.7896

Liwi.7896

Panic was over, price started rising already :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ed Guardian.4825

Ed Guardian.4825

I’m going for Frostfang so always keeping an eye on Corrupted Lodestone and Core market… All I have to say is that there are about 15 listings trying to push the market down to 1g20 from 1g65 and now normal people have panicked and shoved their lodestones to match lowest offer so now the lowest 3 sells are on about 10 each… Obviously a cheaper Frostfang is good for me but as a player I think a trade limit should be set to avoid market manipulation like this

you are living proof that people actually bother to read these signatures.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

No they are from the orrian jewel boxes.. I got 2 charged lodestones out of 20 boxes and yes I sold them as soon as I got them because I figured the price would drop.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Panic selling after news comes out of a new way to obtain a rare commodity is nothing new. I imagine that prices will rise again after a while because the new lower prices for lodestones means that more players will think, “Hey, I can afford a Legendary now!” and start buying, increasing demand. The fact that you can get Lodestones from karma AND Laurels means that supply has vastly increased, however. I imagine prices will eventually stabilise somewhere well below the previous highs, but still high enough for people to make a decent profit when selling them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

No they are from the orrian jewel boxes.. I got 2 charged lodestones out of 20 boxes and yes I sold them as soon as I got them because I figured the price would drop.

A sample size of 20 is certainly not enough data to be definitively stating anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I got 1 crystal lodestone out of 30 boxes, and the only other items were obsidian shards. While it will add some supply to the market, it’s not likely anywhere near a 10% drop rate.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

If it was 1% I think I would be happy….

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

This doesn’t make much sense. If you are dumping your goods for cheap, only to buy them back later at higher prices, that means you’re losing money.

I think what you meant was that people are dumping their goods, and investors are gobbling them up and waiting for the rebound.

No I mean investors are taking profit still as the prices slide… and will use the profit to buy even more product when they believe the price has leveled out… if I was making 30% and I expect the price to drop to say -15% of my current buy in… I may take a profit of 15% durring the early slide. Planning to rebuy at -15% of my current buy price when I feel its time to do so, thus increasing my stock for zero cost… and freeing up liquid capital until its time to move.

In a real world market this happens all the time with commodities. I have sold thousands of units at prices I know would be 20% less then what I could do with the same product 2 weeks later… however I freed that liquid capital up for 2 weeks. Sometimes things that seem illogical and stupid to those of us that learned how to save from out grandparents and there lessons involving piggy banks… are just plan not the way to get rich.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

No I mean investors are taking profit still as the prices slide… and will use the profit to buy even more product when they believe the price has leveled out… if I was making 30% and I expect the price to drop to say -15% of my current buy in… I may take a profit of 15% durring the early slide. Planning to rebuy at -15% of my current buy price when I feel its time to do so, thus increasing my stock for zero cost… and freeing up liquid capital until its time to move.

In a real world market this happens all the time with commodities. I have sold thousands of units at prices I know would be 20% less then what I could do with the same product 2 weeks later… however I freed that liquid capital up for 2 weeks. Sometimes things that seem illogical and stupid to those of us that learned how to save from out grandparents and there lessons involving piggy banks… are just plan not the way to get rich.

They’re trying to pick tops and bottoms, but doing that is what led them to have large quantities of those goods in the first place. Some investors may have dumped their stores at a decent price, and may replenish them at a lower one, but looking at the charged lodestones price history, that seems extremely improbable. The price fell 70s in less than an hour, rebounded up 20s temporarily, lost that 20s again for a very brief time and hasn’t looked back since. GW2Spidy’s numbers are hourly averages so there could have been some greater fluctuations within that time period, but when you consider the TP tax, any investor would have needed a 45s-60s profit margin just to break even.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

2-3 weeks back charged lodestones spiked to 4.30g each or so. I then sold off my 40 charged lodestones for 4.25g each. charged lodestones I had been saving up trough farming and fractals for my sunrise. Once sold I bought cores which I made into lodestones for a total price of 3.20g for each lodestone. this allowed me to get more lodestones than I had before.

just because more lodestones have been added to the market doesnt mean market manipulators. It could simply be people who have been holding on to their lodestones decided to sell since the price went down so much for a brief amount of time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

If I was someone who was needing charged lodestones for my legendary and I had already bought them, just hadn’t used for the gift yet. I would dump them on the TP and wait for the lower price. I’m pretty sure that’s what probably happened. This doesn’t have kitten to do with manipulators.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

bit of a shame for people who didn’t manipulate market or anything and just did CoE or get lucky with fractals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Not seeing much justice at this point. A minor panic sale and ZERO information on what the binding stones actually do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

Not seeing much justice at this point. A minor panic sale and ZERO information on what the binding stones actually do.

Just wait till Feb the 1st, when people get 10 tokens they will get it, find out and the market will adjust for the better (hopefully)

I’m just happy we have a 100% chance outside the market to get them now, we won’t feel the frustration of hours farming them at Orr or CoE or Fractals anymore.

Now I can do my dailys knowing they are worth doing in the long run.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

same thing happened when they added fractals, prices dropped for a bit then mostly went back to normal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Where is this 100% chance? There is NO statement that lodestones are created, only involved. The Orrian Jewelry Box has a CHANCE of dropping lodestones which should lower the prices slightly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

If you were quick, you were able to take advantage of a brief dip in prices for most lodestones.

I was able to get the rest of the Destroyer Lodestones I need and get a jump on the Moltens.

Still, it looks like even with the karma method, these will remain rare and pricey.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

charged cores@ 1.1s now.
lodestones@2.9g

still dropping. get em now, boys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I suspect they will plummet once we hit the 10 day mark and people can transmute lodestones with the new mystic binding agent. Of course this will suck for people who need glacial and crystal lodestones as the price for those is going to skyrocket, but the lodestone market will be more even across the board at least.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I suspect they will plummet once we hit the 10 day mark and people can transmute lodestones with the new mystic binding agent. Of course this will suck for people who need glacial and crystal lodestones as the price for those is going to skyrocket, but the lodestone market will be more even across the board at least.

I doubt it will go that quick. There is better stuff to get than 10 mystic binding stuff. I for one wont spend any laurels on them for a long time.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I doubt it will go that quick. There is better stuff to get than 10 mystic binding stuff. I for one wont spend any laurels on them for a long time.

I for one haven’t been able to find any solid information on what Mystic Binding Agents are, let alone what they do, beyond their astoundingly vague description. Do you have more detailed information?

Regardless, your personal opinion on the value of Mystic Binding Agent compared to, for example, Ascended amulets, is irrelevant. There will inevitably be players who pick up Binding Agents on the 10-day mark, if for no other reason than to nail down exactly how they work. If they do turn out to be a viable way of acquiring lodestones, many people will value them highly – even above BiS gear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think that will depend entirely on the recipes that are discovered. If it is only a 1-1 conversion then no one will bother. If it is a 10-10 conversion that is 20g profit every 10 days, not great but not bad either. If there is a 100-100 conversion recipe then that is a 200g profit every 10 days based on current prices, and things will change quickly.

I’m taking a wait and see approach for the moment. someone will test the recipes on day 10.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I think that will depend entirely on the recipes that are discovered. If it is only a 1-1 conversion then no one will bother. If it is a 10-10 conversion that is 20g profit every 10 days, not great but not bad either. If there is a 100-100 conversion recipe then that is a 200g profit every 10 days based on current prices, and things will change quickly.

I’m taking a wait and see approach for the moment. someone will test the recipes on day 10.

Feb 1st.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Black Lion Trading Co

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The monthly reward could be given in two days, so we shouldn’t have to wait that long. There already is an upgrade recipe (which is useless as cores are just as unattainable) so I doubt the binding agent will do that. Converting one lodestone to another seems a little odd, but it would balance the lodestone market somewhat.

I do find it odd, and annoying that the drop rates for Charged Lodestones was measured at .075% for a 6000+ Orrian Jewelry box test compared with .15% for all the others. The most needed lodestone was deliberately made the hardest to acquire, also randomly.

If they made a group event with a chest at the end that dropped charged lodestones, that would be great because we could at least be certain of progress with effort put in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I just want to remind everyone how people complained about precursors being expensive (200-300g) then the karka event happened that flood the market with them and people were happy they were finally cheaper to get. Well that didn’t last long because precursors are now 500-700g.

Now they flooded the market with lodestone but now everyone dumped their karma on the box’s and they nerfed orr again you will find the price will bounce back. Sure there will be more on the market but still not enough to make it that much cheaper in the long term. The market manipulators are rich enough not to let that happen if that’s what they wish.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Those evil market manipulators really get everywhere…

There is no evidence that the lodestone markets have fallen prey to market manipulation, the prices are high because they are rare drops which are in demand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Well, the monthly includes five dailies, so they have dragged the mystery out a few days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Just imagine if no one could resell these lodestones.
Anet’s system is flawed, abused and in pieces.

I gave up on trying to deal with this.
Thanks for the guesting Anet, now I can make tons of $$$$$ in peace without having to worry about this nonsense anymore.

1+1 = potato