Cheaper Character Slot Expansion?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jena.7364

Jena.7364

I am just wondering whether ANet will ever reduce the character slot expansion as a promotion.

My 5th character is almost 80 and the others are already decently equipped. I would like to try the other 3 professions, but 800 gems for 1 extra is a bit steep. Besides there has been no promotion for some time now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Firstly, congratulations in advance on getting 5 level 80’s… I’ve only just finished getting my first one.

I don’t know whether there will ever be a promotion or price reduction on extra character slots, but if I had to guess, I’d say it’s highly unlikely. At the cost of 800 gems, they work out to US$10 each which is probably about where they should be (IMO) as it becomes an ongoing cost to ArenaNet for the life of the game.

If you don’t want to pay cash, at current gold → gem prices, this seems to be around 9g, which may take a little farming on your part, but it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it or not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

4-6 hours of farming for a character slot. Seems ok to me considering how much time they take to level (and equip et).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

800 gems is 8 gold.

If you have 4 level 80s that are ‘decently equipped’, surely you can pay 8 gold for a 6th slot!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.