Chocolate Bars

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenix.8039

Phoenix.8039

Hi, I’m pretty new to making money on the TP. I’ve been flipping cooking materials and I’m currently sitting on 80g but I feel like I still have a lot to learn. Chocolate Bars have spiked incredibly and I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what could be causing it?

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

A group of market manipulators are jacking up the price of chocolate. Would be a horrible idea to buy now. They seem to be fairly hard to get now with the recent nerf in the drop rates in bags, which makes it hard for the prices to go down.

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Ppl are messing with it. It might still be time to try to get in before it spikes harder near wintersday. I personally got out of the market yesterday.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoenix.8039

Ah, I see, thanks for your reply. If it’s going to be difficult for prices to go down while these manipulators are at work, would it be wise to hold on to any that we have? If the majority of people see the prices right now, they’ll probably unload their supply, but the manipulators would have to rebuy that supply back up to control the price, is that correct?

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

Well it seems like they already setup a 500k buy order wall in the 60c range…The market manipulation is getting pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately, it seems playing the tp is the only way to make decent money, since arena net seems to hate legit farmers as much as botters given all the dr, and nerfs to drop rates that have been happening. The price might spike again when wintersday is announced similar to what happened to pumpkins. Just be careful about selling at the right time, since chocolate will probably just be a part of cooking recipes. They will probably have something similar to candy corn for wintersday, so people aren’t completely screwed over by manipulators.

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Well it seems like they already setup a 500k buy order wall in the 60c range…The market manipulation is getting pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately, it seems playing the tp is the only way to make decent money, since arena net seems to hate legit farmers as much as botters given all the dr, and nerfs to drop rates that have been happening. The price might spike again when wintersday is announced similar to what happened to pumpkins. Just be careful about selling at the right time, since chocolate will probably just be a part of cooking recipes. They will probably have something similar to candy corn for wintersday, so people aren’t completely screwed over by manipulators.

Wintersday was announced already.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

It’s just another one of the market manipulations.

Someone posted that ‘hunderds of people’ make 25g per hour on the TP and then told people chocolate bars were going to rise.

Ofcourse, everyone hopped over and start buying chocolate bars.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoenix.8039

Thanks for the replies.

Someone posted that ‘hunderds of people’ make 25g per hour on the TP and then told people chocolate bars were going to rise.

Heh.

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It’s just another one of the market manipulations.

right, because a history of spiky drops in supply at midnight eastern time for the past 3 days is definitely indicative of mass amounts of people buying all the chocolate in a market scare.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

No, because the person who is buying up the chocolate is talking about it in this very forum, literally in a thread about how much money you can make per hour.

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

So chocolate, eggs and saffron thread will be needed for Wintersday? OR are people driving prices up?

Chocolate Bars

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WetWookie.1687

WetWookie.1687

aaaaaand…. there it goes. This is why we can’t have nice things….