Claim ticket skins & Wardrobe

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

What do you think will happen (if something at all) to the price of the skins obtainable via the claim tickets. Do you think people will “gotta catch em all” and the demand will rise at first, than decline hard or simply decline and we will see a flat decrease of prices. I have a hard time to think about these as pricey as now since people will essentially have the option to re-use all and basically have more variaty available. Thoughts?

banished from time and space

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

my wild prediction is that some people have hoarded many of these skins in hopes of selling them in a more favorable environment, everyone will dump their skins into the TP lowering its price.

of course the most likely thing is that they rise in price

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

There’s no telling. That said I hoarded quite a few myself. It’s been a considerable source of revenues during the last 6 months, so I’m quite interested to see what will happen.

The likely scenario is that gemstore skins rise once we have a lull in gemstore activity – allowing people to recuperate their wealth and spend coin on luxury items, which includes skins and dyes. Another possible scenario is that people completely focus on legendaries and leave everything else aside for a while, including skins and dyes. It’s really difficult to tell right now

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It’s hard to tell really. I’m surprised ALL skins haven’t skyrocketed since the announcement of them becoming reusable/unlockable (though still requiring charges – which is fair). Considering dyes jumped, I don’t get why skins didn’t – perhaps people haven’t caught on yet? I have no idea.

For me personally, I’m not the sort to ‘catch them all’ like Ash Ketchum, and although I DO like to have a lot of skins so that I can mix and match, I only get the ones I like and think I’ll actually use. Like for tormented skins, I only like the scepter, focus, greatsword, and shield – though despite the good aesthetics, I’m not even going to consider the shield because it’s too small and has a lot less detail than it’s gw1 counterpart, but the other 3 I will definitely consider going for, once they come down a bit in price.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I am not sure about dyes jumping ATM. I was checking on them as well but for example molten dye is selling at 39g and it was actually sold for A LOT less 1/2 days ago, something like 34g which is extremely low. Or gold dye, which is quite a favorite and is moving fast, selling for 2.89g. Nothing amazing, generally low.

banished from time and space

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I imagine they’ll rise at first then fall as people start dumping, then rise again because people will realise they only need to buy one skin to get unlimited uses in future, and will not want to bother with the BL chest RNG, preferring to pay outright for permanent skins.