Clarification on Gift a Friend Discount

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

Q:

Ok, I’m wanting to buy two of an item for two different friends. As I understand it, once you buy an item for a friend, that item can then be purchased unlimited times for yourself at 40% off.

What I want to know, is, does gifting the same item to another friend get discounted?

(edited by SeasThyDay.7398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you buy a gift for someone, you get the option to buy that same item for 40% off. It’s not unlimited.

“My promotions manager would like me to clarify that this is a one-for-one basis. If you send the same gift to three friends at once, your next three personal purchases of that item will be discounted by 40%.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

SeasThyDay.7398

Yes, I see. That doesn’t really change my question, though—is the one discount i earn from buying a gift for a friend applied to a gift for another friend?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

Yes, I see. That doesn’t really change my question, though—is the one discount i earn from buying a gift for a friend applied to a gift for another friend?

my intuition says no. You will only get the discount if you buy the item for you. This seems obvious based on this:

“My promotions manager would like me to clarify that this is a one-for-one basis. If you send the same gift to three friends at once, your next three personal purchases of that item will be discounted by 40%."

It says if you buy three friends the same gift you will get /three 40% discounts for YOU/… its very clear (from that quote above) that the discount is not passed on to gifts for others. Just personal stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SeasThyDay.7398

I would also assume the same. It would be more difficult to program—without some conditional programming you’d be able to buy infinite gifts at 40% off.

Right now I imagine they have it set up so gifting a friend earns you one discount credit. Thus, you could initially buy a gift at full price, and then apply the 40% discount to a gift for a friend, which would then earn you another 40% discount to apply to another friend….and so forth.

It’s too bad, because it takes away from the xmas spirit. Typically, you don’t buy presents for yourself, but instead receive them from others :/