Complaints about the market mostly just show player delusion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

The market is pretty good – not perfect but not a problem.

The so called “problem” with the economy is the natural effect of making a game that fun for the average player. It has nothing to do with the way the market works.

Almost everything in GW2 is relatively easy to get in game – this makes the game fun for the majority casual players.
People love getting good drops – people love being about craft with out a big head ache. And the result of this is that modestly hardcore core players can produce or find a great deal of almost anything that is desirable.

The current market is highly efficient with and includes a 15% tank/gold sink. This is a good setup.

Adding more constraints to the market will NOT fix the “problem” that many people have with the economy. All it will do is make a bigger mess.
You cant fix over supply with trading rules – economies dont work that way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TemperHoof.6438

TemperHoof.6438

The problem is that people are buying and selling items and not getting the gold for items sold or getting the items for gold spent.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

TemperHoof: No, that’s the problem for a very small minority.

Yes, it definitely sucks for them but they are still a minority. I hope ArenaNet figures out what is going on and fixes it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wazabi.1439

Wazabi.1439

@TemperHoof
That’s a technical bug.

@Ghoest
Well put. I believe many of the complaints stem from misunderstanding/not understanding entirely how the economy works. Most of the “fixes” I see are derived with some wrong assumptions that probably even the proposer isn’t even aware off…or failed to consider the adverse effect of the changes they propose.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hancockenstein.4105

Hancockenstein.4105

i imagine many people won’t agree with me and the few times i’m completely broke i’d slap myself for saying this but being able to get anything and everything comfortably whenever I want it ultimately kills the feeling of accomplishment. one of the main things in MMO’s that drives me to keep playing.

but it’s been that way in games I’ve played for at least the past 2 years, maybe I am delusional and should get used to something most people want

“Hehehehe” lvl ?? Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

Your problem is that you are considering grinding and meta game knowledge to be accomplishment – when the target gamer is considering those elements to be the bane of gaming.

Its a matter of perspective and GW2 is primarily aimed at the casual perspective for PVE.
I think the legendary system is hoped to some what fulfill your desires but its obviously not the priority now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maxster.4521

Maxster.4521

Adding more constraints to the market will NOT fix the “problem” that many people have with the economy. All it will do is make a bigger mess.
You cant fix over supply with trading rules – economies dont work that way.

Exactly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maxster.4521

Maxster.4521

i imagine many people won’t agree with me and the few times i’m completely broke i’d slap myself for saying this but being able to get anything and everything comfortably whenever I want it ultimately kills the feeling of accomplishment. one of the main things in MMO’s that drives me to keep playing.

That is exactly the problem with themepark mmo. To achieve and accomplish something, to differ yourself from the other thousands of players – themepark games add grind, that is unacceptable for most of the players. So, in the end they get whiny raiders, those who can not be satisfied ever.
More funny although those, who want to influence mmo world through pve, at expense of other players. That always makes me laugh.