Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic Useless?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

It seems there was a miscommunication, kit rarity does not effect the amount of essences you obtain from salvages.

(edited by Xuro.5861)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Yep….same problem for me. I thought kit quality wouldn’t effect the drop chance (if so why sell an infinite basic kit, especially with the hundreds of mystic stones they just gave us). Well I feel stupid for buying it now. Until I get up to 300% MF what’s the point of this thing except to use on salvage items and whites.

Edit: Woops, kit quality does not effect the Essence of Luck drops.

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

heh, good thing I waited

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

True story. I decided to buy it, not expecting Anet to be THAT dumb. Oh well.
Edit: Expectations lifted a bit again. Thanks Anet. (Now about Mr. Sparkles……..)

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

I believe she said ‘….i thiiink…’..

Quality of salvage kit does NOT matter for finding essence of luck.

we talked.. we’re sure now.

The Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic will work just as well as any other kit for finding Essence of Luck

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Sorry about the confusion folks! Curtis and I examined how everything is set up and the type of salvage kit does NOT affect the amount of Essence of Luck that you get. Please do enjoy your Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic without any fears of it not giving you the standard amount of Essence of Luck that any salvage kit will produce!

Lead Designer – Living World

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Couple things now that salvage kit type is out:
-Do masterwork items provide better chance at Essence of Luck?
-Do levels of the item effect chance?

Or is it basically a 25%-75% to get one? I can’t imagine you would get one EVERY salvage. (But I would love it!)

(edited by Hebee.8460)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wallace MacBix.2089

The Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic will work just as well as any other kit for finding Essence of Luck

Woops, I could not remember if she said “i think” to that, or to another question, and didn’t have a chance to go back to listen to it again. Thank you for the clarification, time to go correct some posts.

Sorry about the confusion folks! Curtis and I examined how everything is set up and the type of salvage kit does NOT affect the amount of Essence of Luck that you get. Please do enjoy your Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic without any fears of it not giving you the standard amount of Essence of Luck that any salvage kit will produce!

Sorry for misquoting you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Thanks for answering this fast, I’m glad to hear it was all a misunderstanding.
Updated my post accordingly aswell.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

I love when devs post. =D

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Couple things now that salvage kit type is out:
-Do masterwork items provide better chance at Essence of Luck?
-Do levels of the item effect chance?

Or is it basically a 25%-75% to get one? I can’t imagine you would get one EVERY salvage. (But I would love it!)

I also would love to know if it’s a higher chance from salvaging blues→greens→ectos.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

time to buy it then

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

it’s the best item from gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

sorry but
Basic Salvage Kit: 88c – 25uses = 3.52copper each.
Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic: 3copper each

800gems to save 0.52copper per salvage ?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

sorry but

Its an convenience item.

I salvaged over 8000 whites this week, having to run to the merchant every 25 salvages wont do for me. And if i buy 20 basic salvage kits at once i lose valuable bag space.

Also assuming that you need 100 essence of luck to get your account mf up 1% and the cap is 300%, thats 30k salvages to max it, if every salvage gives you 1 essence.

Thats 1200 basic salvage kits you need.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yeah… and after you figure in all the runes and sigils you lost from using a crappy bottom tier salvage kit, you’re running at a huge negative.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Yeah… and after you figure in all the runes and sigils you lost from using a crappy bottom tier salvage kit, you’re running at a huge negative.

Fine salvage kits cost 8 copper more per salvage and journeyman kits cost 29 copper more.

And blue weapons usually dont have sigils on them.
Green weapons have minor sigil which are at 17 copper right now.

Do the math.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I levelled my lvl 20 engineer to lvl 37 in the gauntlet last night using this baby. Amongst other buffs, I used a killstreak booster, so I had to salvage continously while killing veteran destroyers at the same time. A neverending salvage kit was very useful for this purpose.

Oh, and contrary to the pick/sickle/axe, this baby is account bound, which means you can use it on all your characters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Oh, and contrary to the pick/sickle/axe, this baby is account bound, which means you can use it on all your characters.

And that’s the hook, line and sinker isn’t it?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Naa, it’s probably still a waste. I only bought it to keep my flamethrower spree going last night. I personally didn’t know about the account bound thing though, which is why I was sharing it here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Well I bought it for that exact reason. If it had been soulbound I wouldn’t have wanted it.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

Is there a way to salvage green masterwork items without having to wander to the middle of the screen with the mouse to click to confirm the action?

Thats why I just salvage everything besides the greens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Is there a way to salvage green masterwork items without having to wander to the middle of the screen with the mouse to click to confirm the action?

Thats why I just salvage everything besides the greens.

Apparently, that’s going to go with the next update.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I question the reduced chance at the rare cloth and ore by not using say fine kits. I don’t care much about the sigil and runes on green items, but extra orich ore is a big deal. If fine kits give me just 1 to 2 extra high tier basic mats, I still want to use those right? In terms of cost effectiveness

Those high tier mats are very expensive right now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Given the recent price rises in copper – I think its a lot better to buy the merch kits. This item just seemed pretty useless to me.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I bought it for convenience, I know I will be recycling thousands of blue and greens in the near future the raise my MF%. Not having to bother buying a bunch of kits all the time is worth it to me. It was the same for the harvesting tools.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Given the recent price rises in copper – I think its a lot better to buy the merch kits. This item just seemed pretty useless to me.

Erm…?

It takes 3 copper coins (3 cp), not copper ore or copper doubloons.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

sorry but

Its an convenience item.

I salvaged over 8000 whites this week, having to run to the merchant every 25 salvages wont do for me. And if i buy 20 basic salvage kits at once i lose valuable bag space.

Also assuming that you need 100 essence of luck to get your account mf up 1% and the cap is 300%, thats 30k salvages to max it, if every salvage gives you 1 essence.

you don’t buy 20 kits !
buy 4 that is 1 dung run or 1 scarlet event of kitten drops to salvage
after that you go to la restock use mf and go back again >_>
the problem is that f prise 800 gems >_> to have your money return you have to play every single day and salvage 1 item per sec for 20 years

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

for me, it is only for convenience. I like quality of life things

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I would pay for convenience as well, but the part that bugs me is that I am losing resources by not spending the time to get the fine kits for instance and using those. With the insane prices that Orich ore is going to soar to, it seems strange to use a salvage kit that is less likely to return that component, no matter how convenient it is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

I would pay for convenience as well, but the part that bugs me is that I am losing resources by not spending the time to get the fine kits for instance and using those. With the insane prices that Orich ore is going to soar to, it seems strange to use a salvage kit that is less likely to return that component, no matter how convenient it is.

I have some lower level characters. I only have 3 level 80s.

Also, my current roughly 2000 gold earned in the last 2 months +, were not from salvaging…. I will use it just to get some profit and empty out of my inventory while I WVW.

(edited by Hell Avenger.7021)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

If it was similar to a masterwork kit then Id go for it, as it is now I dont really see the need for it (although its not that expensive I still need to go and buy master kit for any rare salvaging anyway).

Hey would be great if one could choose what lvl to salvage at and adjust the cost by that…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

What is it the equivalent of? I usually buy the yellow salvage kits, if this gives me the same chance to get runes etc I will get it for sure.

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Comparable to basic salvage kit, so its good for salvaging junk but nothing else.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Comparable to basic salvage kit, so its good for salvaging junk but nothing else.

Thank you for the reply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

sorry but

Its an convenience item.

you don’t buy 20 kits !
after that you go to la restock use mf and go back again >>
the problem is that f prise 800 gems >
> to have your money return you have to play every single day and salvage 1 item per sec for 20 years

So how about the waypoint costs to go to LA to pick up another one?

I dont salvage the way you do. I salvage alot. I put buy orders for 50 different white items in over night. A stack each. Then I click for 30 minutes when i get back online.

For todays patch I have 10k blues and greens waiting on the TP for me to pick up and salvage. Do you think I run to the merchant, buy 7 stacks of salvage kits, run back to the TP, fill up my bags, salvage everything, then rinse and repeat?

I dont care how much that thing costs because from my profits i can buy 3 of those per day.

You go run dungeons or do invasions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Sorry but that scenario is pretty bad, if you are salvaging for profit then yes you can get better return per copper on using the machine but for this to be profitable you need to salvage a huge amount of items to even earn a gold.

Salvaging higher level mats and not care about not getting the upgrade/finer mats doesnt make sense.

Also if you are salvaging higher level items then its more likely youd buy a permanent bt contract and park yourself at a vendor and not running back and forth (same with MF fishing).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

sorry but

Its an convenience item.

you don’t buy 20 kits !
after that you go to la restock use mf and go back again >>
the problem is that f prise 800 gems >
> to have your money return you have to play every single day and salvage 1 item per sec for 20 years

So how about the waypoint costs to go to LA to pick up another one?

I dont salvage the way you do. I salvage alot. I put buy orders for 50 different white items in over night. A stack each. Then I click for 30 minutes when i get back online.

For todays patch I have 10k blues and greens waiting on the TP for me to pick up and salvage. Do you think I run to the merchant, buy 7 stacks of salvage kits, run back to the TP, fill up my bags, salvage everything, then rinse and repeat?

I dont care how much that thing costs because from my profits i can buy 3 of those per day.

You go run dungeons or do invasions.

sure buddy, 10k of blue and greens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Sorry but that scenario is pretty bad, if you are salvaging for profit then yes you can get better return per copper on using the machine but for this to be profitable you need to salvage a huge amount of items to even earn a gold.

Salvaging higher level mats and not care about not getting the upgrade/finer mats doesnt make sense.

Also if you are salvaging higher level items then its more likely youd buy a permanent bt contract and park yourself at a vendor and not running back and forth (same with MF fishing).

You dont make sense.

Why would i buy a permanent tp contract that costs 5 times more than the salvage-o-matic?

Who said that im using it on higher level items?
Did it ever occur to you that platinum might be worth more than mithril?
Are you actually using a green salvage kit that costs 30 copper more per salvage to get a slightly better chance on getting an upgrade that costs 15 copper?

I finished Agent of Entropy 38 times today. Thats 7600 salvages, all white, blues and green. Thats 300 regular salvage kits i have to use and i can only salvage 25 items in a row before i have to move the mouse over the next kit to double click it.
With the savage o matic, i just breeze through the inventory lines.

That thing will save me hours of playing time in the months to come.

I didnt buy it to save me money on salvages. I bought it to save me time.

I think it cost me 30 gold to buy it. If it will only save me 1 hour of going back and forth buying regular kits or having to waypoint to a vendor to get some, it already paid off for me because 30 gold is about the average profit per hour i make on the TP.

IF it doesnt make sense to you, dont buy it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

sure buddy, 10k of blue and greens.

I actually bought 20k of lvl 80 blues and greens the days before the patch between 1.5-3 silver each and relisted them ALL for 10-15 silver as soon as i got them.

Half of them were Traveler´s Items with magic find on them, so they would be delisted by Anet and returned to me after the patch. That way, they wouldnt clog my TP pickup until after the patch.

The other Half? About 75% of them sold for the 10-15 silver in 8 hours after the patch went life with a nice profit for me. Im sure the other 25% will sell over night.

I salvaged about 7600 of the ones returned to me already and currently have 100% Account MF gathered through Essences of luck. And i didnt even touch the 25 stacks of blue essence of luck yet, that i got in the process.

At 10 luck per pop, thats another 62500 luck for me to consume. Should get another 20% MF.

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Suggest you reading the post again, you are arguing a different matter than what I was describing.

Your second post is more inline with what I was getting at which is the “value of dealing with level items vs. reward”. From the information you provided you seem to have made about 1k gold which is a nice return (Im expecting a 4k return myself on my plan byt anyhoooo….)

What items did you deal with, the only items I see of green which a volume thats feasible for 20k purchase has increased in value about 5×. If its many items you dealt in then I admire your tenacity!

But this is a one time event, the return you got here doesn’t apply as a rule so my question still goes back to my original point. How much do you earn per use of the machine? Salvaging 20k times for <500g return is just an insane amount of work given the return…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Suggest you reading the post again, you are arguing a different matter than what I was describing.

Your second post is more inline with what I was getting at which is the “value of dealing with level items vs. reward”. From the information you provided you seem to have made about 1k gold which is a nice return (Im expecting a 4k return myself on my plan byt anyhoooo….)

What items did you deal with, the only items I see of green which a volume thats feasible for 20k purchase has increased in value about 5×. If its many items you dealt in then I admire your tenacity!

But this is a one time event, the return you got here doesn’t apply as a rule so my question still goes back to my original point. How much do you earn per use of the machine? Salvaging 20k times for <500g return is just an insane amount of work given the return…

Before patch, there where alot of items that had 500-1000 each listed at 1-2 copper over vendor price, those where the ones i bought and relisted.

I also didnt make 1k profit because i lost the fees and taxes for the items i sold and the items returned to me.

Remember that i salvaged the 10k items mostly for luck maxing and not gold profit.
However, when i usually buy whites to salvage them for mats it depends on the price of the item and the price of the mat i get out of it but 50 copper profit per salvage is common.

I use mystic/master kits for rares and exotics as well but for greens, i dont see a reason to use a green kit that costs about 30 copper more per salvage because minor sigils/runes cost way less.
And only a few green trinkets actually made it worthwile to use a master kit becasue they had Opal Orbs on them that sold for 8 silver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Got ya, I have been looking at low level salvaging myself since its pretty easy to get a good return per copper I just didnt dig deeper just because the amount of work it would have to entail for a decent profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Salvaging 20k times for <500g return is just an insane amount of work given the return…

It takes around 2hrs to salvage that 20k items with crude salvage kits. With the copper fed salvage kit it takes around 80mins. Not really alot of work just alot of clicking. People are measuring the value of the copper fed salvage kit base on reducing cost not increasing profit. If I salvage fast I make more money per hour so I have more free time.

As far as the amount of profit you can make from salvaging whites that varies with the market and how many items you normal salvage per hour. During the Bazaar was making 35gold per hour from salvage but on a normal day I would make 10-15gold per hour depending on the market and if I get the supply(that takes awhile). It is like 10-15 minutes of salvaging whenever I get supply in.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Thats 2.77 salvages per second for 2 hours, kitten that’s tenacity.

Counting reverse that’s 2.5k items on a normal day for (2.77 items for 15m), impressive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilliyaneha.2670

Lilliyaneha.2670

what about salvaging to get other stuff?
ectos and dark matter, both stated as “trophy”, so in theory (bunch of exclamation marks) quality of salvaging kit shouldn’t matter either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

ectos and dark matter, both stated as “trophy”, so in theory (bunch of exclamation marks) quality of salvaging kit shouldn’t matter either.

It’s been long tested that the quality of the salvage kit does in fact affect the drop rate of globs of ectoplasm and it seems to the same with the dark matter. Don’t use the salvage-o-matic to salvage rares/exotics.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wallace MacBix.2089

It’s been long tested that the quality of the salvage kit does in fact affect the drop rate of globs of ectoplasm and it seems to the same with the dark matter. Don’t use the salvage-o-matic to salvage rares/exotics.

Very much so. I’m sad that my backlog of bltk are almost gone, I went to use a mystic salvage kit to start salvaging my rares and the 25% ecto drop rate (compared to 50%) made me very sad.

Still the salvage-o-matic will come in handy, and should save money “faster” now that I’ll be salvaging most things on my way towards 4.2 million luck.