Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic Rarity Change?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

So when I logged in today, thanks to the new item rarity borders (thanks for those!) I noticed that my standard line of stuff to take out of the bank for my character was no longer all Rare/Yellow. The 3 infinite harvest tools I used are still R/Y rarity, but for some reason the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic was changed to now be Common/White rarity. I’m curious on the reason for this change, and if it was intentional. If so, it makes me wonder if ANet plans to release other Salvage-o-Matics that are higher rarity (and thus use the higher power salvage kit ratios) for more copper/silver per use.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The change to “yellow” was a mistake, it should have always been a common (white) item. There was also a change in the way it functioned that was not intended or reflected in the description. It appears that the bug was corrected and it is now displayed and working as intended.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Bt this questioned was asked many times in another thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-o-Matic/first#post3331174
and the devs never responded or just ignored the question/ some even bought because of the change to yellow. Now it’s changed back and again no help from those in the know. How rude (imho).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Somewhat related question. Where is the option to switch on the item rarity border? I’ve been looking through my Options but I can’t see anything. Am I blind or just looking in the wrong place?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Yeah… O really want the rarity change on my Salvage-o-Matic.
Making it masterwork I thought that finally the item is great and worth the money you spend to buy it. No it goes back to being boring old almost useless item.

The change to yellow made it finally in line with other unlimited tools that are in long term kinda great investment and now it pains me to see they reverted the change :/.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Somewhat related question. Where is the option to switch on the item rarity border? I’ve been looking through my Options but I can’t see anything. Am I blind or just looking in the wrong place?

It’s in the gear icon in the upper right of your inventory. You should have a Show/Hide Rarity option there. Regarding the CFSOM’s colour, that’s sad to hear, it seems like it shouldn’t be much issue to change the rarity of the item while keeping its effectiveness (even though I would greatly prefer if it were equal to a Master’s Salvage Kit, it’s FAR more valuable then) the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But at 3c a salvage for master kit stats? That’s a significant discount. As it is/was, it’s only 15% off of the basic kit cost per salvage. It would have to be 1/2 a silver a piece to be equivalent for master stats.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

But at 3c a salvage for master kit stats? That’s a significant discount. As it is/was, it’s only 15% off of the basic kit cost per salvage. It would have to be 1/2 a silver a piece to be equivalent for master stats.

This would only be true if the initial gold cost (if you bought the gems with gold) for the item wasn’t factored in. A lot of people don’t see it as a purely “convenience item.”

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

This would only be true if the initial gold cost (if you bought the gems with gold) for the item wasn’t factored in. A lot of people don’t see it as a purely “convenience item.”

And that’s why I don’t own one. While I see the advantage of the convenience I can’t rationalize the initial cost.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

No it goes back to being boring old almost useless item.

imo one of the best items you can get from the bltc and totally worth it’s money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

imo one of the best items you can get from the bltc and totally worth it’s money.

Indeed. I’m somewhat glad they “fixed” it, as well, because it just cluttered bags with dirt-cheap runes & sigils.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

No it goes back to being boring old almost useless item.

Well sure, I would pay more gems for the upgrade for masterwork with the same cost per salvage.
It kinda would fit infinite tools that way.

I don’t really like the normal way the item works (basic kit with only a little savings).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Kamui: Thanks! I was looking in the wrong place all the time.

Back on topic, I’m a bit sad that the CFSOM got nerfed, but at the same time, it means I just saved a lot of time from having to Forge minor runes/sigils, so it’s a win either way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Making it masterwork I thought that finally the item is great and worth the money you spend to buy it. No it goes back to being boring old almost useless item.

The change to yellow made it finally in line with other unlimited tools that are in long term kinda great investment and now it pains me to see they reverted the change :/.

As I said in the post concerning this kit, this was a Dirty Marketing strategy.

Before the sale, they changed the rarity to Rare and the kit salvages like that of Rare/Mystic kit although description is that of Basic kit. This change would entice players to buy the discounted kit.

I believe that thread was also made by Anet for advertisement. A proof is not needed as they choose to be silent (ya, silence means yes, this was a marketing tactic).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

As I said in the post concerning this kit, this was a Dirty Marketing strategy.

Before the sale, they changed the rarity to Rare and the kit salvages like that of Rare/Mystic kit although description is that of Basic kit. This change would entice players to buy the discounted kit.

I believe that thread was also made by Anet for advertisement. A proof is not needed as they choose to be silent (ya, silence means yes, this was a marketing tactic).

No.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Goodbye crude salvage kit. Only going to use the next higher tier salvage from now on.