Core drop rates

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

Not sure if I am suffering a really bad RNG drop rate for charged cores compared to other cores – but it seems that I am receiving twice as many cores of other types (destroyer, crystal, corrupted, crystal).
E.g. 2 core of each of these types before receiving one charged core.

This has been ongoing for a period of time (>6 mo).. my supply of these other cores is much higher (including champ bag drop rates).

Seems that when running COE dungeons (which are very well know for dropping charged cores/lodestones) – I recieve far fewer charged cores than other core types.
[especially from the chests along the paths]

The data on gw2spidy seems to suggest that there are about 1000 charged cores (total for sale). Other cores types are >9000.

Is the drop rate for charged cores on par with the other cores ?

Thanks,

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shun.9475

Shun.9475

The main reason the supply of charged cores is so low relative to the other cores is due to the insane un-market to market demand for charged cores in the production of both legendary weapons and the Infinite Light blade

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

And the dwayna bows, AND the spirit weapons. Too much crap uses the gift of light, and not enough of the other cores.

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Okay – I get that there is a skewed demand for these cores above all the others that explains the TP balance.

The other part of the equation is the drop rate correct when compared to other cores/lodestones ?

I do seem to get twice as many other cores than before I receive a charged core.
It seems that the price of charged cores have recently spiked upwards and continue to be rising fast.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s probably just RNG. This is the breakdown of the most to least Cores that I have:

1. Onyx
2. Destroyer
3. Charged
4. Glacial
5. Essence
6. Crystal
7. Molten
8. Corrupted

EDIT: Whoops, missed Molten cores.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It’s probably just RNG. This is the breakdown of the most to least Cores that I have:

1. Onyx
2. Destroyer
3. Charged
4. Glacial
5. Essence
6. Crystal
7. Corrupted

Couldn’t one argue that the reason why the last 4 are less is due to the fact that they are utterly worthless. It is a waste of space to have them.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Oh no, these are all purely from drops that I’ve accumulated through play. I’ve never bought extra Cores, and the only things I’ve spent them on so far was doing some Sup Rune/Sigil crafting for the crafting XP.

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

First week of the new zone, in the Dust Mite/Earth Elementalist area, I got a couple of lodes/cores: all charged. This week, in the same area, I also got a couple of lodes/cores: all onyx.

We’d need a ton of data before we could see whether the drop rate of one type of core/lode was significantly less, even in a particular dungeon.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Well, that’s because the Dust Mites/Twisters have an unusually high chance of dropping Onyx/Charged Cores and Lodestones. Seriously, if you’re after those two, I highly recommend going to Dry Top and farming them.

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, that’s because the Dust Mites/Twisters have an unusually high chance of dropping Onyx/Charged Cores and Lodestones. Seriously, if you’re after those two, I highly recommend going to Dry Top and farming them.

I apologize for making my point poorly. It was: if I went by the data from the first week, I would have thought that charged cores dropped more often than onyx and vice versa during the second week.

I agree that Silverwastes is a good place to farm them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Core drop rates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it depends what you fight. If you do CoE all the time, you’ll have more charged cores than all the others combined. You’re just not killing things that drop charged. I suspect most people get their cores from bags that give a random core, and charged is likely to have a lower probability because Anet wants it to be more valuable.

btw: charged cores drop from Heavy Loot Bag + Heavy bag of Skritt Shinies + Large Loot Bag + Bag of Alchemical Materials. All of them have around a 0.1% chance to drop a core, and Heavy Loot Bag also has about a 0.01% chance of lodestone.