Cores and Lodestones

Cores and Lodestones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

I know I’m new this this whole market game, and I’m sure that somewhere there are more than likely some significant factoids lingering about, in an likely undiscovered void, that hasn’t penetrated my extremely rough understanding in the freakonomics of the BLTC.

With the albeit understanding that I’ve recently ran a muck…..as far as what kinds of lodestones are required for a particular product (legendaries, ascalonian gear, whatnot), it seems pretty clear that charged lodestones are the most greatest demanded.

From what I’ve gathered, and why, mainly comes from what they are used for. Some of the highest priced items, and coincidentally, the most sought after items in the game require them. And, that all makes sense.

With that said, I understand why charged cores/lodestones cost more than other cores/lodestones. Greater demand = people will buy more of them = prices will only keep getting higher until either equilibrium is met, or supply > demand.

Again, with that said, and finally!.. my problem. I’ve been running fractals pretty religiously lately, and at least from my own perspective…I’ve been getting about as close as you can get to a pretty equal distribution of all core/lodestones. One specific core/lodestone does not seem to drop at any better rate than any other.

So, with that at least that in mind, it would seem that the supply of every different type of core/lodestone should be fairly equal…..in terms of acquisition. Sure, some people will farm specific areas that may only yield specific cores/lodestones, but I think in the end that probably all evens out as well.

Factor in the demand, and charged cores/lodestones will be worth more as they are more desirable. But how much more desirable is the question I’m wondering?

Currently (checking as I’m typing), the price of the lowest core is the Glacial, and highest core is the Charged:

Glacial = 7s to purchase. Charged = 1g50s to purchase.
That’s a factor of approx 22 Glacial Core = 1 Charged Core. 22:1

Do 22 people want/need a charged core more than a glacial when they have the same exactly drop rate? It seems a bit crazy, as there are nearly 1/3 of that number in classes.

So I guess what I’m wondering is…….when I get these (seemingly worthless) cores/lodestones that nobody wants, can I at least…..mabye at some point, do something where I can exchange them into a different type of core/lodestone?

(edited by kurtdg.2370)

Cores and Lodestones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Yeah. Charged have TONS of uses for really highly sought after skins/legendaries. Glacial don’t.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Cores and Lodestones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

It’s been like this the past couple months. This patch was a perfect time to make them more desirable, but the only thing they changed was adding them to a rune recipe, for the new runes in this patch.

Pretty lame, but yea.

Cores and Lodestones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Mjolnir alone needs 350 charged lodestones.. i hoped they would change the recipe, but they want it to stay this way, i suppose.