Dawn drop in gold price?

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Hi i recently bought a Dawn with loads and tons of hours, and also using ingame gems for 260g!

I was proud getting this far and finally got that piece of the legendary!! Wohoo right?!

But what do i read now? People tell me, sell your Dawn man! Sell it! But im like, why?

Because Anet changes price? I dont know what to do now. Sell or keep.

Can any dev please, and serious please tell me what i need to do now? If i see it on the next patch its worth 50g or so, you just robbed me 210g!

So please, i know you probally dont care about my problem and my concern, but i want to know what the change is so i can still sell it and dont lose to much money.

Thanks if you take your time to explain it to me!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: snsdmarryme.3721

snsdmarryme.3721

Even I can answer your question. Everything price drops in an online game. You paid the high price for acquiring the item earlier than most people. If I were you, I would just sell it now for a lesser lost in its value.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

I know everything drops in an online game, but when a company changes the item to a different price, its not fair for the players who put all their hours in it. If it changes by normal economy.. so be it, you wont hear me complain.

But as i said before, i hear rumors.. Thats why i want an offical reply for my concern, i think i have the right for having just a reply right?

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

ANet has stated they want to look into how expensive legendaries are, this may just be a change in how they are obtained etc. People are speculating on the changes and trying to unload what they have.

Hold onto it, price may go up it may go down, but if you bought it to use, then you aren’t really losing anything.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Anet aren’t changing the prices, Anet aren’t even selling precursor weapons so they can’t change the prices. All that is happened is that they have indicated they are going to make getting them less luck based.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Its just i dont want to lose 200g in 2 weeks time, where i did my best to obtain such an amount of money in 2 months

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s not a.net who’ll change the price but the players. The player base decided dawn is worth around 360g at the moment. This could change depending on patches but still… 260g is a good price! I doubt dawn will go under 200g.

On the other hand… Dawn is flatlining already and almost all other precursors are trending down. The price drop is happening right now so do what you want. You can easily sell it for 300g right now, collect the 40g profit and wait until it eventually drops under 200g for a full 100g. That would mean delaying your legendary for potentially 3-4 months. Your choice. Early = expensive, late = cheap

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

It’s been well known the precursors were going to get a change. Stop complaining.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

What makes you think they will care about this?
No one remembers the halloween event? People spent hundreds of gold crafting these exotics and a few days later they were dropping like candy and sold for 10-20g.

Just deal with it, prices change and “tomorrow” the current legendaries will be obsolete and new ones will be in demand. Whatever you buy today, tomorrow might be worth much more or nothing at all…it’s a gamble, it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it or not.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No one robbed you of any gold. You hit the buy button, no one forced you to do that. It was your choice on how much research you did before buying it. Prices go up and down every day on every item in the game. Changes are made to balance things out every week. There is no price guarantee. You paid the price the item is currently worth to have it currently.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Catrenna, i complain when i want, maybe you say yes to everything what ppl do or tell you but i dont, i have an opinion about this and i DO know that its crazy to get this amount of gold for the Dawn, but i did it! took me so long you cant even emagine.. Thats why im ’ Asking ’ So not even really complaining-

I dont think its worth the 260g, but i watched the market.. first 50g then 100g etc etc, so i thought.. ok i have the 260g i have to buy it now or it will only go up more.

Im ok with the changes, but compensation for the players who spend hours on it should be thought about it too.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

And something else, how about the charged loadstones? They almost cost 3g each now too, and you need them for legendary too.. thats a cost of 400g too. You change that price too?

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

If I were you, I would stick tho the dawn and wait for the update. If they give us easyer way to obtain precursor, log in immidiately and just sell the dawn to first order
BUT I dont think it the price are going to drop anyway. Areanet is not that dumb to do anything so drastic just because of few players cryeing out loud.

They have statistic, they know how many players already have legendaries and precursors. So dont worry

Did you guys even consider that prices of some precursor might go up after the patch? What if they give us recipe and for instance, some precursors now costs 30-80g (torch, spear, pistol, warhorn, etc) .. and these recipes will need 200g worth material

@Magnetron – Anet cant change the price of items directly (precursor, lodestones, etc), price is determinated by players. How hard is this for you to understand?
All they can do is increase drop rate for instance

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

Magnetron complaining about having a precursor is like Bill Gates complaining how he doesn’t like his yacht.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Ye i mean with drop rates ofcourse, the more it drops the less it price will be :P

But ok i will see what happends, i will hang on to it for now, cause i put effort in it.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: snsdmarryme.3721

snsdmarryme.3721

Rule#1 for online game item: Value depreciates over time, therefore price will come down. This is regardless of drop-rate because it is how much the whole population values that item. For example, there is now a new and better item, or there are now more ways to acquire the item or its ingredients. As a result, that item’s value depreciates, simple as that.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I have no gold in game or money IRL. So if it drops to dirt cheap, I will be happy.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

he is just rubbing his precursor in our faces is the gist of his post. I say hold onto it. I know the Precursors do drop off the Champion Abonomation after Plix the Explorer chain. But it is very rare. Also Jormag will drop a precursor, again very rare. So since people are farming these areas and a few other places that may drop a precursor, then for obvious reasons the prices will drop.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

I have sold my Dawn, im too scared to lose such an amouth of money ( its what i need for my mats anyway ) cause those mats cost around 250g total! And what about those Lodestones? will they get a better drop rate too? Like 5% from champion bosses or so? That would be better for Orr farming too

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

Magnetron why don’t you just chill out on the whole legendary grind for a bit? It sounds like you are making rash decisions without actually knowing much about the game’s economy. What makes you think those T6 mats aren’t going to drop in price soon as well? And know that no matter what you do, obtaining a legendary weapon is going to be cheaper someday than it is now but even so you won’t “lose” anything. You still have yours, you just paid more to have it sooner.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Yea well, i dont know what ArenaNet is gonna change next man.. I have asked them if i will lose all my hard earn money or not, and they never replied to me. My friends ingame told me to sell the Dawn asap, because Anet makes a sort of scavagening hunt to gain a pre-curser ( how i wouldnt know ) but for me its just too unclear. I had it but ye i sold it now, maybe good maybe not

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

Precursors are expected to plummet in trade value after this next update. People saying value degrades over time are generally correct, however the value of precursors has not degraded whatsoever. They will not drop in price because less people are buying them, they will drop in price because ANET is making them easier to aquire.

Although this is all based on speculation that the update will make precursors easier to get. That has not yet been proven whether the changes will make it easier but chances are it will damage the trade value.

In short, sell your precursor now and wait until the update to pick up another.

Dawn drop in gold price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jericho.5940

Jericho.5940

Hi i recently bought a Dawn with loads and tons of hours, and also using ingame gems for 260g!

I was proud getting this far and finally got that piece of the legendary!! Wohoo right?!

But what do i read now? People tell me, sell your Dawn man! Sell it! But im like, why?

Because Anet changes price? I dont know what to do now. Sell or keep.

Can any dev please, and serious please tell me what i need to do now? If i see it on the next patch its worth 50g or so, you just robbed me 210g!

So please, i know you probally dont care about my problem and my concern, but i want to know what the change is so i can still sell it and dont lose to much money.

Thanks if you take your time to explain it to me!

If you are using it on your own I say why bother. I personally think ANet would change the way that precursor could be obtained and that way is guaranteed to be hard / tough which would be equivalent to the amount of time player could accumulate hundreds gold (200g IMO). It’s really not making sense to make it “easier”, only more “progressive” way to get it.

Legendary is a grinding no matter what. And it WILL stay in the pinnacle of the GW2 weaponry. So I would say, kept collecting more gold and keep your dawn. If you love Sunrise, it really doesn’t matter that much pal