Day late, quaggan pack-back short

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

ArenaNet,

You offer a big rotation of sales over the USA Thanksgiving day weekend. Some of us purchase gems in preparation for that sale. Then you start a give away based on the gems purchased 1 December through 31 December.

This is feeling like a prank. I know, free give-aways are, well, free. One shouldn’t complain about free stuff. The timing of this just feels mean for those of us that do purchase something at least each quarter or so, especially with all the sales the days just prior to 1 December.

Just think about the timing a bit more next give-away, please. Thanks for listening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I made a topic about this earlier this morning and suggest they make the give away retroactive to include the last week of November so as best to accomodate those who bought gems in anticipation of the black fourday sales.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

As a business I’m sure they did time it wonderfully. People buy gems for the sales then they put out the promotion for buying gems in December. Since Christmas is coming up you could easily get gems as a gift or with any money or gift cards you get. It seems kinda dirty but without sub fees they need gem sales to pay employees and make new content.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I made a topic about this earlier this morning and suggest they make the give away retroactive to include the last week of November so as best to accomodate those who bought gems in anticipation of the black fourday sales.

Definitely would support this. I decided to splurge a little and bought 8000 gems in anticipation of doing some Christmas shopping on Nov 29th. Now I find that I missed out on the extra rewards by 2 days. >.<

I’ve actually opened a ticket with Support asking if those of us who bought gems in the last week of November can get an exception made for us. Failing that, my next option would be to ask for a gem purchase refund just so I can buy the 8000 gems again. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Yep, good way to make people spend more money on gems. I bought 800 yesterday… Luckily, I don’t care about a green quaggan backpack and I rarely use/remember to use minis.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

Not sure why people are complaining. You bought gems and got discounted goods during Black Friday week whereas the rest of the people have been buying gems and exchanging them for goods at their original price.

Seriously, people just whine about everything.

If the new items released during Wintersday are any good, I am sure people will be willing to buy some gems as gifts to their friends or for themselves.

They are not obligated to give anything away for your purchase and it’s really annoying/sad/frustrating reading about people complaining when Anet’s actually GIVING out something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yep, good way to make people spend more money on gems. I bought 800 yesterday… Luckily, I don’t care about a green quaggan backpack and I rarely use/remember to use minis.

Yesterday was the first of December, so it counts.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?