Dear Santa, Remove Listing fee when meeting a Buyer Offer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DomDeuce.7896

DomDeuce.7896

Dear Santa,

Please remove the listing fee when meeting a buyer’s Offer. Since we’re technically not listing the item for sale, the buyer is listing the offer. We as sellers should not have to incur this fee. Now the Sales Tax/Broker Fee, I can understand that. That’s BLT’s cut on the action for the work.

And a GI Joe with Kung-fu grip.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

Then people would use it as a second inventory. When your inventory is full, just put it up on the TP for ridiculous amounts of money. The listing fee is there for a reason.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

Then people would use it as a second inventory. When your inventory is full, just put it up on the TP for ridiculous amounts of money. The listing fee is there for a reason.

You didn’t read carefully what OP wrote.

Stil, imo, 5% listing fee should be there even when selling directly to highest buyer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

I see where you are coming, but the fee its part of the immersion too. As with any real sale you would have to invest some money to sell your stuff to anyone in the world (well except on the internet, I guess… but I would hate to see an add supported TP)

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DomDeuce.7896

Maybe it’s just a matter of perspective. It’s a 5% swing, for something we’re not doing. We’re not placing any ads in papers, the buyers are coming to us. We pay BLTC their brokerage fee when the sale is made directly to an offer, so why are they charging us a listing fee when we didn’t list the item. It’s my fault for trying to apply Real World common sense to game.

Can I still ask for my GI Joe?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

@DomDeuce (Quote Button – why you no work?)

I don’t see you complaining about NOT paying 5% fee as a buyer, even thou you are listing an offer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Uhm, yeah. The listing fee when selling directly to a buyer kinda bothers me too. It’s like I’m telling this guy and tell that I can deliver what he’s asking, and out of nowhere some Inquest agents appear and take 5% of the items value from my vallet and then vanish into the night. (Even if its day)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Removing the 5% fee for meeting the highest bid would tend to artificially widen the bid-ask spread whenever it’s less than 5% of the lowest asking price. I don’t know how many items actually have such a small spread, but I could see this tending to lower prices overall on anything that does.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DomDeuce.7896

Ditching the 5% for bypassing actual listing and meeting offers will help sellers make a profit a little easier. It’ll help close the gap between demand prices and supply prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

No I meant that if you want to check the listings you have to pay 5%. If you don’t pay the 5% then you can’t check “contact info” of the buyer and can’t sell you item.

In addition to being able to check the listing (and been given the contact info of the buyer) you have to pay the brokerage fee of 10% for the sale.

Its a way to nickel and dime you, not unlike many banks with all their stupid fees.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

@DomDeuce:
It would never close the gap smaller than 5% of the minimum sell listing. At that point, it’s cheaper to sell to the highest bidder than to make your own listing, so that’s what any rational person would do.

And as such, it wouldn’t really help sellers profit who are trying to make a profit, since those people will only sell directly to the highest bidder when that makes them as much as the lowest sale listing, which is how much they’d sell it for under the current system.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The 5% is the fee for the bird that picks up your items and carries them to the seller.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tyler Cole.4210

Tyler Cole.4210

Programmer

The 5% is the fee for the bird that picks up your items and carries them to the seller.

Bird’s gotta eat.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DomDeuce.7896

That was unexpected. Never thought of the BLTC Pigeon Union.

I’m going to have to now use this thread in my weekly Youtube GW2 news channel.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DomDeuce.7896

Wait a second!

The Pigeon Union has nothing to do with this. Since I have to meet up with a BLTC Representative to collect my item or my gold. Hmm, I want to meet the negotiators for the Pigeons during the last BLTC lock out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Besides, its not pigeons, its owls.. or maybe Fire Imps..

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

The 5% is especially comforting when you realize you don’t have the 20g just to match an order. At that point, you have to clear out your entire collections-box to pay for the bird’s early retirement.