Deluxe Editon being given for free

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Maybe people will see this as complaining. Well it is sort of a complain. Not that I really care about it. But I just wanted to hear the opinion on everyone else.

I believe when the Halloween event occured Anet also brought up the Deluxe Editon for free. This could mean two things: The game is losing it’s players atm so they want to get new ones through this.

Second: The game is doing well enough but they just wanna have new players.

TBH, when I read it. I can believe that some people would feel cheated. I mean, we bought the game at launch. Have bought probably gems and such. But we didn’t get the Deluxe for free. Your hardcore fanbase get’s somehow.. now… cheated I think.

Look I sort of feel cheated to with it. But I don’t feel mad about it. I get it at an economic standpoint what Anet does. But tbh, if you really wanna do this. Make the people who already bought your game also get the deluxe for free. Then you also have the chance people come back.

Just saying, would love to hear the thoughts of other people about this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

It’s an attempt to rope in people like my friend who made a 3 day trial, but couldn’t justify the $60 (with the new added loot grind). They are hoping it would put him over the edge.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

As times goes by the price of games goes down, true for every single title in the market, why wouldn’t it be with GW2 ?

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Yeah, but just saying after 3 months already? Seems a bit quick tbh. For example, the 3DS also lowered his price when the sales werent that good. But they gave something to their loyal customers who bought their 3DS before the price drop xP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

>OP

In the business world, it’s called a “sale”. Use Google to look it up.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

>OP

I can’t recall the last time a AAA title had a sale within the first 3 months. If something is continuing to sell well why reduce the price so soon?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

Why do businesses have products go on sale at random times? Just a way to boost sales. You see it all the time in the retail world. It’s a consumer’s prerogative to be grumpy about buying something higher and seeing it go lower, but it’s a seller’s prerogative to have a sale or promotion to boost revenue, and we can all grumble about it as much as we want, but it’s just the way that it is. The whole point is to generate revenue. If a business were to constantly refund their customers every time a price on something was dropped, it’d kinda defeat the whole purpose :P.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

>OP

I can’t recall the last time a AAA title had a sale within the first 3 months. If something is continuing to sell well why reduce the price so soon?

1) To get more people to play. The initial hype of the game got people in, but you never stop promoting a product after the initial release

2) Anet is probably celebrating the fact that GW2 is the #1 MMO of the year.

See the following link for details: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/wizard-promo/

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: atomicblue.1306

atomicblue.1306

I’m kitten that those of us who purchased the digital deluxe edition before launch, paid an extra $20 for, basically, nothing.. Then anet turns around and gives it to everyone for free, not 2 months after the launches. Why did I buy this game again?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

>OP

You don’t use Steam do you?

I’ve seen games have sales in the first month (AAA titles).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

Just curious, is the Upgrade in the Gem Store purchasable for 0 Gems aswell? Cant check myself right now

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lazy.2389

Lazy.2389

Ha good impression of an ultimate emo atomic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

I bought Dishonored (well, my wife let slip that she picked it up for me for Christmas) and XCOM for $25 each, and Assassin’s Creed III for $32 on Amazon (all for Xbox 360). None of those AAA titles have been out three months yet. This happens all the time. When Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out I got it for like $45 two weeks later and it wasn’t even the holidays.

(edited by SharedProphet.9324)