Dev response - I want Flamekissed armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fizban.2913

Fizban.2913

I am VERY disappointed the Flamekissed armor set was take off the Black Lion market. I would love to get this skin, but I never had the chance. Light human tier 3 is my favorite armor skin in the game, and they glowing effects made it so much better. Please allow players to purchase this skin or update the human tier 3 to have the same effect when you re-skin the Flamekissed set

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Man people need to take the time to read the site before posting 100’s of threads like this on a consistent basis.

The set was taken out of the gem store because people were complaining that the skins too closely resembled another skin set. Anet admitted the problem and took the skins out of the store to be redesigned and released at a future time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

It would be horribly rude to the people that bought this skin, if they were to make human T3 armor to look like Flamekissed armor, not to mention an insult to every other race….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

It would be horribly rude to the people that bought this skin, if they were to make human T3 armor to look like Flamekissed armor, not to mention an insult to every other race….

Yep. If they put it on T3 humans I’d be doubly mad. Mad that I lost in the first place and mad that they gave it to them. No. T3 should stay as is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

If its any consolation, the skin won’t stay as T3 light human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

So getting rid of the skin entirely is the solution?
There is nothing wrong with updating the human tier 3 armor if they are re-skinning the Flamekissed set. If they remove the set entirely I am going to quit. I spent actual money to purchase gems, only to find out that the set had been pulled. I can’t get that money back, and there is nothing on the store I want. I already own all the mining tools, I even bought multiples when the were character binding. Did I complain when they made them account bound? No. Anet has let me down again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

I also bought the set. I don’t have access to T3 human that I got the set for. So no, it can’t be put on T3 humans either. I also spent real money on the set, and I can’t get that money back either. So why should you get it on T3 when I can’t get it at all?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

You can get your money back when the update the new Flamekissed skin and you decide not to keep it.

T3 Human Cultural armor should remain exclusive to the Human race. It’s highly insulting to see a Sylvari, a Norn, an Asura or a Charr with a skin that looks 95% as the original Human Cultural Armor. There is nothing else to say about that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

I also bought the set. I don’t have access to T3 human that I got the set for. So no, it can’t be put on T3 humans either. I also spent real money on the set, and I can’t get that money back either. So why should you get it on T3 when I can’t get it at all?

Because it is a lazy copy of the human tier 3. I’d rather it be available to all races, then gone forever. I don’t care about it being exclusive. I already own the human tier 3 and I don’t care if I have to buy it again. But if Anet insists on re-skinning the flamekissed set they could at least save this wonderful skin by updating the human set. There’s no need to get rid of it. If you like it that much, make a human, but they should at least make it available

in Black Lion Trading Co

Arrelaine.5692

Why would I make a human for the set when I specifically bought it for another character. No it shouldn’t be available if it can’t be available to everyone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

You can get your money back when the update the new Flamekissed skin and you decide not to keep it.

T3 Human Cultural armor should remain exclusive to the Human race. It’s highly insulting to see a Sylvari, a Norn, an Asura or a Charr with a skin that looks 95% as the original Human Cultural Armor. There is nothing else to say about that.

You can get gems. Not the real world money I spent. I don’t want/need gems nor the gold it can be turned into.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

You can get gems. Not the real world money I spent. I don’t want/need gems nor the gold it can be turned into.

Well that’s like most refunds in any stores now. You get a credit. Buy something else.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

kitten , I want a life where someone getting pixels that kinda sorta look like the pixels I have is classified as “highly insulting”. Sounds like a very easy lot if that’s all it takes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

Well that’s like most refunds in any stores now. You get a credit. Buy something else.

I don’t want anything else. Everything else on there I wanted I have already bought. And no I don’t want to have wasted my money on black lion keys.. My bank and bag slots are maxed and I don’t want anymore characters. There is NOTHING

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

I don’t want anything else. Everything else on there I wanted I have already bought. And no I don’t want to have wasted my money on black lion keys.. My bank and bag slots are maxed and I don’t want anymore characters. There is NOTHING

Tough luck? Try that arguing at a real store and see if anyone cares. You get your gems back and maybe eventually you will find something you want. If not, there’s is that lovely disinstall button on your computer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UltraSaX.8603

UltraSaX.8603

I think that it is not correct to do a skin, sell it for 800 gems and after to have sold it, realize that it was too similar to the Tier 3 human.
This policy is incorrect.
At the limit, make sure to display the skin in different ways depending on the race that will use it.
If the character is Human, Human Tier 3 will look like as Human Tier 3 but with flames, fire, etc…, If the character is Norn, it will look like the Norn Tier 3 but with flames, fire, etc … and so on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

Tough luck? Try that arguing at a real store and see if anyone cares. You get your gems back and maybe eventually you will find something you want. If not, there’s is that lovely disinstall button on your computer.

You obviously haven’t worked in a store. People return things all the time for full money back. Refunding some one with only the option of “store credit” is the mark of a poor company

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There were two transactions. Cash to Gems. Gems to Item. They can give you back your gems for the item but the first transaction is still valid. Doesn’t matter the motivation or the final results, you bought gems.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I’m still puzzled as to how keeping the Flamekissed armor as it was would have screwed over anyone. Some people were kitten ed that it was a less expensive and flashier re-skin of human t3; but others were just as adamant that they didn’t even like the re-skin – they were just upset that a re-skin too closely resembled something they had paid roughly 60g more for. But – seriously – so what? I had saved up for months for a dye that no longer dropped only to later learn, after I had purchased it, that ANet was re-releasing the boxes from which it dropped, which consequently lowered the price of the dye by 100g. (And there are a LOT of examples like this!) Should I start demanding a 100g refund from ANet now?

I’m being serious: I sincerely don’t understand the reasoning for removing this item from the gem store…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

I’m still puzzled as to how keeping the Flamekissed armor as it was would have screwed over anyone. Some people were kitten ed that it was a less expensive and flashier re-skin of human t3; but others were just as adamant that they didn’t even like the re-skin – they were just upset that a re-skin too closely resembled something they had paid roughly 60g more for. But – seriously – so what? I had saved up for months for a dye that no longer dropped only to later learn, after I had purchased it, that ANet was re-releasing the boxes from which it dropped, which consequently lowered the price of the dye by 100g. (And there are a LOT of examples like this!) Should I start demanding a 100g refund from ANet now?

I’m being serious: I sincerely don’t understand the reasoning for removing this item from the gem store…

I completely agree. Anet knew the skin was almost an exact copy of the human cultural, yet they went through with it anyway. I’d prefer the skin remain available as it is, but if they insist on remodeling it they should at least make it available to humans

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The armor was objectionable to a pretty vocal bunch of players. Since they can be rebating the cost to players at a future date, preventing further sales reduces future hassle.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

The armor was objectionable to a pretty vocal bunch of players. Since they can be rebating the cost to players at a future date, preventing further sales reduces future hassle.

In every class discussion thread, WvW thread, sPvp thread, etc., you’ll find just as many vocal (and persistent) players objecting to a host of issues (some of which still haven’t been addressed). If that’s the case, then the reason you suggest for the change – some kind of business decision – doesn’t really hold up. Why did this particular issue warrant a swift reversal?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fizban.2913

There were two transactions. Cash to Gems. Gems to Item. They can give you back your gems for the item but the first transaction is still valid. Doesn’t matter the motivation or the final results, you bought gems.

You don’t need to lecture about the basics of transactions. That is a devious way of handling business which is not likely to inspire consumer confidence. The mark of a bad company

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

no particle effect garbage for cultural armor pls

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zhou.3605

Fizban,
Lets put it this way, I will assume you are a girl. For simplicity. Lets say that a fancy pair of mens pants, such as say Tripp pants, are suddenly made available to girls, where before they were not. But they are flashier and the men all whine and so Tripp pulls them, and gives you a promise that they will make a nice skirt for you instead. You would be kind of upset I would assume. Now lets assume that the men all say hey, give me those pants that you took off the backside of that girl that paid her hard earned money for them. but let me have it for free, so they can see me wearing them, at no cost. Sound fair?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Fizban,
Lets put it this way, I will assume you are a girl. For simplicity. Lets say that a fancy pair of mens pants, such as say Tripp pants, are suddenly made available to girls, where before they were not. But they are flashier and the men all whine and so Tripp pulls them, and gives you a promise that they will make a nice skirt for you instead. You would be kind of upset I would assume. Now lets assume that the men all say hey, give me those pants that you took off the backside of that girl that paid her hard earned money for them. but let me have it for free, so they can see me wearing them, at no cost. Sound fair?

Bit off topic, but firstly – they did make Tripp pants for women lol, and also many women wore Tripp pants made for men. I know this because of highschool.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

You don’t need to lecture about the basics of transactions. That is a devious way of handling business which is not likely to inspire consumer confidence. The mark of a bad company

Then hang tight my main dragonlance bro, because you are in for the ride of your life when they re-release the flamekissed armor, as the flamkissiest flamekissed armor you’ve ever seen, unique in every way to every other set of armor in the game! No lazy mod jobs.

If at that point you’re like “meh, I don’t like it as much.” well then, feel free to grab your torch and pitchfork, but at least give them a shot at redeeming themselves to both sides.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jon.1376

Jon.1376

Then hang tight my main dragonlance bro, because you are in for the ride of your life when they re-release the flamekissed armor, as the flamkissiest flamekissed armor you’ve ever seen, unique in every way to every other set of armor in the game! No lazy mod jobs.

If at that point you’re like “meh, I don’t like it as much.” well then, feel free to grab your torch and pitchfork, but at least give them a shot at redeeming themselves to both sides.

lmao that is what I am doing. I will wait to see what the new skin looks like before I get bothered. it is sad that such a beautiful skin will just be thrown away.

1) I doubt it will be a new skin altogether
2) I doubt it will look better than t3 reskin(eye of the beholder and all that)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

you have no idea how the real world works kid, you probably shouldn’t speak about it till you do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Man people need to take the time to read the site before posting 100’s of threads like this on a consistent basis.

The set was taken out of the gem store because people were complaining that the skins too closely resembled another skin set. Anet admitted the problem and took the skins out of the store to be redesigned and released at a future time.

Forums are mostly used for qq’ing. Your side had its turn of QQ’ers when they released this amazing new armor. You got your way because of said qq’ing and the 100’s of thread’s just like it. Now its your oppositions turn to QQ. It’s naive to think you guys can make 100’s of similiar threads but how dare the other side do the same.

Part of the problem is “anet took the skins out of the store to be redesigned and released at a future time.” Some people only bought gems for that skin! What if they don’t like how the new design looks? Oh well they get to keep the gems… What if the gems have no use because they don’t want more toon slots or hair changes or mystery tonics? Anet should refund those people their $$$.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zhou.3605

Fizban,

Bit off topic, but firstly – they did make Tripp pants for women lol, and also many women wore Tripp pants made for men. I know this because of highschool.

Lol I know this…. I was just trying to reference and insane idea that went along with what this person is trying to request. Firstly no store would gank something they sold like the flamekissed armor… not without some form of legal sanction. OR a huge outcry. I know what you say is true, I was presenting a fictitious example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ascendant.5746

Ascendant.5746

Anyways, when will the flamekissed light armor be back in the gem store?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I really wanted the original flamekissed light armour for my Norn Ele, not going to happen now I guess…

Can’t believe Anet folded on this…

I bet the re-designed flamekissed light armour will suck and not be to my tastes…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)