Different offers for different languages

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: poke.3712

poke.3712

I just noticed that the Trading Post sometimes does not show offers in some languages, while they are there for others.

Just now, I was talking to a friend about the currently highest valuable item, the Volcanus, when he mentioned that he didn’t see any sell offers just buy offers although I had three sell offers.

As it turned out, the language decision made this happen. After switching my language to German, I had the same result with no offers. Switching back to English made them come back again. After testing a bit, it suddenly started working in German too, but I tested the other languages and the issue appeared there too.

I’m not sure why this happens, I would assume caching issues; but it would be really confusing if some users had different offers just because they didn’t chose English as their main language (I’m not making the assumption that the English version is always the correct one though), so I would like to see this fixed.

@poke // GW2W //

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

now I wonder how much gold I’ve spent that I didn’t have to..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Items has different names in different languages, hope that helps.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crummush.1658

Crummush.1658

How should it help?
He said that he can see the buy orders but not the sell orders, so he see the right item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

poke.3712

Yes, it was the same item. I know my language good enough to pick the same item in both German and English; and it was the top valued item, it’s not hard to pick that again in any other language…

Here are two screenshots from yesterday. Unfortunately, the offers in German were already fixed when I took them, so I took it in French instead: EnglishFrench

@poke // GW2W //

(edited by poke.3712)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zetor.3281

Zetor.3281

This has to be fixed. Why should language matter at all? I thought every item has a unique ID?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Sorry if I am being stupid but those screenshots show “buy it now” and “offers” screens – those are two different things…..

Did you mean to post these because they are not illustrative of the problem you are suggesting….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paresseux.3579

Paresseux.3579

I agree with that, but we can still see that there are 3 volcanus available on the english screenshot and 0 on the french one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Ahhhh indeed, i see your point now. That is….interesting…

in Black Lion Trading Co

poke.3712

Sorry if I am being stupid but those screenshots show “buy it now” and “offers” screens – those are two different things…..

I would have loved to post a screenshot of the (empty) French sell offer list; unfortunately it is not possible as there are no sell offers—unlike in the English one, as you can see in the screenshots.

@poke // GW2W //

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

This has to be fixed. Why should language matter at all? I thought every item has a unique ID?

From the sounds of it, and the history of technical issues surrounding the TP, I’m guessing it has more to do with asynchronous database replication or something similar, than with localization per se. The language difference (and in this case, choice of item) makes it more visible to users. But this kind of thing probably happens all the time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Freedom Bound.6210

Freedom Bound.6210

The custom buy/sell listings don’t refresh until you actually enter the menu (so you can see different prices from one screen to the next). That’s probably what’s causing the issue here, not the language selection.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Yes, this has nothing to do with language. The listings at the top may not have been up to date, but if you had clicked on buy instantly in French, you would have seen the items listed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

poke.3712

Thanks Nicolle for claring that up! I’ll try that the next time I notice it

@poke // GW2W //