"Disequilibrium" petered out already?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Gems are heading right back to 5g where I said they belonged all along.
Infact I think I might have to bump my estimate another 1G at this rate.

Let me put it really simple like by asking the following questions:

• When was the last time since this patch, you got a BL kit from the Daily?
  • How many BL salvages have you already run through to get Dark Matters?
  • What is the price in Game-Gold, for each BL kit right now? Bit steep doncha think??
  • How many T-Crystals are you going to need to migrate your fav skins over the top of these super-Gothic ascended ones?
  • …& then how many more once Ascended Armor comes around?
  • Speaking of Armor, what was the last new Skin put out that WASN’T gem-bought only??
  • …is there ANYTHING AT ALL, that’s really really worth having, or more useful than the above things… that you can just straight up buy with Gold?

What I’m gettin’ at here… and I hope I don’t have to elaborate on (I prefer brevity b/c most people dont read walls of text or they only skim over it and then shove words in your mouth just so they can Forum-PVP over something incredibly dumb) … is that the impetus behind this “Disequilibrium” in the first place, was some ridiculously short term Impulse-buy spree on couple T7 mats but meanwhile if you look at the sheer volume of Bots running around Cursed Shores, it’s pretty clear the Gem trade still isn’t going in the direction the rest of the casual hoped for.

It’s because there’s no “Cap” on Services to get the exchange going in the other direction again. …In plain simple english: We can’t buy any of these “Best in Slot” management tools (salvage/transmute) at a set-price in Gold like we used to be able to do in Gw1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I got a BL salvage kit yesterday from my daily. That is all I have to add to this thread.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yesterday or two days ago for a BLSK with a daily (or maybe that was the monthly). I was surprised regardless.

BLSK are 300 gems so right now it’s around 14.8g per kit if you by gems with gold. But it is still and always as been $3.75.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

ilr.9675

Well I’ll be the first admit it when I get anything even close to that…. but so far every single “chest” I see from daily over the past 14 days, (or 12 … whatever it’s been since we lost our MF gear) … has been the same exact 3 things: a pittance of karma, 1 stupid luck essence, and the mystic coin (that I can’t even use anymore b/c there’s been such a massive demand spike on Ectos lately … which ironically would sort itself out if we could just buy the same Best-in-Slot salvage kit with Gold @ a set price)

Heck I dunno, maybe my drops are just bugged? …you’d think I woulda atleast gotten a repair canister or tstone or some other trash instead by now….

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I have had the same thing as you ilr for even longer. I haven’t seen a BLSK in probably 2 months. In fact, since the patch, it has been the same as you, luck, karma and coin. Before the patch was karma and coin only.

Someone always has it worse than you with RNG…..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A couple days ago, 0, don’t know-never bought one, 0 – I like the skins, no idea, as I haven’t seen any Ascended Armor, the armor I got from a chest, and finally, yes, many things; for instance, character slots – I just bought two with gold-to-gems because they were reduced in price. =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I saved 5 BLSK over a few months after i stopped using them to salvage my rares.. I used 1 of them to salvage 21 exotic crafted weapons and gotten 22 dark matter back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clifford.4913

Clifford.4913

I had a nice run last week when I got 3 BLSKs from 5 dailies. Used 2 of them to salvage exos and now has 30+ dark matter. Still have 5 BLSKs accumulated from previous months. It’s all RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

What I’m gettin’ at here… and I hope I don’t have to elaborate on (I prefer brevity b/c most people dont read walls of text or they only skim over it and then shove words in your mouth just so they can Forum-PVP over something incredibly dumb) … is that the impetus behind this “Disequilibrium” in the first place, was some ridiculously short term Impulse-buy spree on couple T7 mats but meanwhile if you look at the sheer volume of Bots running around Cursed Shores, it’s pretty clear the Gem trade still isn’t going in the direction the rest of the casual hoped for.

I’m not sure what direction you’re hinting at, because, as a casual, I want gems to be as expensive as possible. It allows me to use my real world income to supplement the low gold income due to my casual time schedule.

TL:DR; casuals want gems to be expensive. You agree?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I could be wrong, often am when it comes to mmo. But I feel gems prices will stay low as long as people are able to make money in the game. Champ trains, and farming ori/wood since prices are high. Not dissen champ trains, but as much money as I’ve read people are making, they have no need to buy gems. Unless they just want specific items from BLTP, seems lately only time they go up is when they have pretty good offers/items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

This topic seems to be mostly about gem-gold ratios, but the topic says disequilibrium. I would like to mention that the disequalibrium is not gone from the market yet which ascended weapons introduced. I found one on Sunday night within the TP market and made 93 gold off of it in the last 72 hours. I started with 33 gold and invested it all to make it to 126 gold now. I would have made more gold, but I only have 2-3 hours a night to play the market and get my dailies.

If other players are taking advantage of this, and I think there are, then it could lead to people converting gold to gems to drive the price of gems up until the market equalizes. I plan to buy gems from the gold I make in the market.

I think people needed quick gold to get some of the mats they needed for ascended items and that is why the price of gems went down. I have 8 BL kits in my bank from the dailies over the last 8 months, so I didnt need any of those for the dark matter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I got a BL salvage kit yesterday from my daily. That is all I have to add to this thread.

I got one this morning. Lame conspiracy theory is lame….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I got one this morning. Lame conspiracy theory is lame….

To be honest, I actually forgot that anything other than a Mystic Coin and a little Karma bottle drops from the daily. I don’t think I’ve had anything else drop since the first day they implemented the daily quest reward.

Can I at least look at your BLSK so that I can remember what good luck feels like?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There’s like a 25% chance that one other thing will get dropped. I think I had a bank express drop last night on the daily.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darelias.8467

Darelias.8467

I’ve played since launch, today I got my second BLSK. Got my first shortly after I started playing. Too rare, however I’m buried in BL axes…..seriously.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I haven’t gotten a BLSK from daily in months.

However, I have gotten multiple BLSK’s in a row previously. I still have them in my bank to this day and only use on exotics or salvaging upgrade components.

RNG is RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I actually got TWO BLSK’s from Dailies last week. Surprised the heck out of me considering I haven’t seen one of those drop in months.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I got a repair kit today for my daily. The first item other than the horrible 3 we get since MF gear went boom.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

To answer your questions:

• Three days ago. Last time before that was several months ago though.
  • Zero.
  • Haven’t got a clue.
  • Not really planning on getting Ascended Weapons, so zero.
  • See above. Should the case arise that I do want to get Ascended for some odd reason, I’ve got about 20 crystals saved up in my bank.
  • If I recall correctly, the half-set achievement armors (Hellfire & Radiant).
  • Bought my Asura T3 Heavy armor with gold, as well as 3 Character Slots and 1 Bank Tab.
Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Got a BL salvage kit last night for my daily reward. So they still happen — I’d say at the same rate I’ve always received them (maybe one every 75 dailies).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I’ve played since launch, today I got my second BLSK. Got my first shortly after I started playing. Too rare, however I’m buried in BL axes…..seriously.

After a year of playing I ended up with at least a dozen BL picks, half a dozen BL sickles, and two BL axes… both dropped within the last month. RNG is weird sometimes.

I get a BL salvage kit about once a month, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ilr.9675

I’m not sure what direction you’re hinting at, because, as a casual, I want gems to be as expensive as possible. It allows me to use my real world income to supplement the low gold income due to my casual time schedule.

TL:DR; casuals want gems to be expensive. You agree?

Well see the confusion here, you may be unintentionally injecting, and I’m sure Smith is aware of it too…. is that there’s 2 types of casuals. There’s the Profesional-In-Real-Life variety such as yourself, and then there’s the flaky “I already spent all my walmart wages on the steamsale & the latest COD clone” casual who’s always just bouncing around between games. …Or they’re still playing WoW on the side and being even more impulsive there. Both are casuals in that they dedicate limited time to habitual play in this game. And Both are sadly required to maintain a healthy peak population and rapidly flowing commerce …or what economists call “liquidity”.

I personally have always stated that 100 Gems should be costing atleast 5g and have found them to be either possibly manipulated, or undervalued these past 3 months. (ever since COF farming got overly popular). Meanwhile casuals in that second camp, continue to complain they’re just too expensive for their meager Gold-farming capabilities to afford in the volumes they’re like them to be …. typically citing their costs of 30s per 100 when the game first came out. So yes, for anyone making more than minimum wage IRL, 1 hour of your time buying 20 hours of “fad-gamer’s” time, is always a bonus and not even “inflation” by definition.