Do you hate money Anet?

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Seriously

- Only a handful of black lion weapon skins, no new pistols, rifles, daggers, warhorn, etc
- No new Halloween armor skins
- Blood Prince armor is town clothes, can’t even use town clothes in combat (wouldn’t be complaining otherwise)
- When I first heard of the Halloween candy pail via data mine, I was under the impression that it would have been a neat little pail you could run around with kinda like how you can run around with a kite or the queens jubilee balloon. This unfortunately was not the case
- No Halloween themed gathering tools
- No Halloween backpieces
- No new Halloween finishers
- Can’t even make permanent versions of the Halloween tonics

Let’s get a few things straight here.

You are in this business to make money. If this is how Wintersday is gonna be handled, I’ll be surprised that you guys make financial targets this quarter.

And no, I’m not spending money on paper bags for helmets… maybe… we’ll see how I feel when they hit the store.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Yes yes, please do share with us your insights into Anet’s financial situation. I’m sure you came to your conclusions with game-wide metrics and factual data instead of personal anecdotes.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

" No new Halloween finishers"

There are 2 new finishers. They were added the week before.

We have tons and tons of back pieces, I’m happy there is a break this month. There is a perma tonic from last year. Its RNG from the bags.

Also never put too much stock or faith into a data mine. You assumed one thing and then it turned out to be something else. It was never a promise and sometimes things data mined are never even put into the game.

Anet seems to be on a 1 week BL cycle. Meaning we are getting new things to the store every week it seems. I would assume we’ll see the costumes and possible the bag helms next Tuesday. Perhaps not what you were looking for but that is what I expect from it.

Also this is how it was handled last year more or less. They were fine then, I am sure they will be fine now.

I do agree with you, I want more weapon choices, more armor skins. (was really hoping that the princes armor was armor). But there is only so much they can fit into these events it seems. I don’t expect wintersday to be too different. Few new skins, meta with mini, tonic, or back piece, possibly a new node for our instance, etc.

There is a larger problem really. (at least for me) Something like the outfits and or bag helms are fun and I would buy some of them. However, there is no closet to put them in, you get 1 use out of it. I often have to decide between sPVP and PVE. Why not have the unlimited use like the achievement skins for some of these items. Especially for meta event items?

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The spooky gathering tools we’ve gotten are themed appropriately thus far- I’d say we can expect to see an axe show up along these lines, and I’ve heard there are many more seasonal items to come.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

People say this kind of things all the time. Maybe you should submit a resume and see if you can do any better.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If Anet did all of that I bet you would turn around and say that Anet is being greedy and trying to milk their customers.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Anet has the opportinity to make a lot of stuffs for Gemstore with smaller efforts
- and make mutch more income -
meanwhile You have the opportunity to just play for your wanted stff with gold-to-gem transaction.

Anet can’t be called greedy until the things up in Gemstore are boughtable with ingame gold AND the offered things aren’t giving you countable advantage over others.

All they have to do is to live with this opportunity.
Float the market with skins and we would BUY gems with real money because we want everything RIGHT NOW, and can’t wait for anything
This is the way how it should benefit everyone…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goobers.8509

Goobers.8509

So these botting programs must be sticking it to their well thought out lets create a gemstore to bully the nerds for their spare indie game money. No wonder Rift and PoE are free to play.

(edited by Goobers.8509)

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Just put some nice items on that people can customise that make them completely unique but only purchasable. Then use that money to upgrade your server processing to end skill lag.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Seriously

- Only a handful of black lion weapon skins, no new pistols, rifles, daggers, warhorn, etc
- No new Halloween armor skins
- Blood Prince armor is town clothes, can’t even use town clothes in combat (wouldn’t be complaining otherwise)
- When I first heard of the Halloween candy pail via data mine, I was under the impression that it would have been a neat little pail you could run around with kinda like how you can run around with a kite or the queens jubilee balloon. This unfortunately was not the case
- No Halloween themed gathering tools
- No Halloween backpieces
- No new Halloween finishers
- Can’t even make permanent versions of the Halloween tonics

Let’s get a few things straight here.

You are in this business to make money. If this is how Wintersday is gonna be handled, I’ll be surprised that you guys make financial targets this quarter.

And no, I’m not spending money on paper bags for helmets… maybe… we’ll see how I feel when they hit the store.

I understand your point, but in reality I’m sure anet knows what is doing. The balance team is probably screwing up the game when it comes to pvp balance, but really i’m 100% sure those “economists” and that gray eminence aka ex-nexon employee know what they are doing. It’s their job after all, they can use a powerful instrument like mathematics to study trivial things and that’s exactly what they are doing. I’m sure they are really good at what they do…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJao4qnLHIE

If they are managing the tp this way it’s only because that’s the best way for them to make money. It’s really that simple. It’s not even a problem for them if they can’t have my money or your money, I bet there are lots of idiot players wasting money on stupid ugly items, it’s like that in every game.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I will never understand why people want stuff to come from the gem shop and not as a drop or reward from the in-game world.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I will never understand why people want stuff to come from the gem shop and not as a drop or reward from the in-game world.

Time is money, but most people can only spend a large amount of one or the other, rarely both.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Have you seen the mats needed for the halloween weapons?

Yeah, that’s why.

People would rather support the game by dropping some money on gems and buying their skin outright than having to grind an insane amount of stuff for a little skin.

There needs to be a balance, but there’s also no good reason a friggin little holiday skin should cost half of what a legendary takes to make…..

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Game Drop item’s price can go up to lot of hundreds of Gold.
GemStore is straight at prices, and real money goes for Anet donation.

Witch means, we rather spend real money (or spend not-so-mutch game gold)
on an item, than
Grinding for ages because somehow a skin became 200++ gold on TP…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

People would rather support the game by dropping some money on gems and buying their skin outright than having to grind an insane amount of stuff for a little skin.

There needs to be a balance, but there’s also no good reason a friggin little holiday skin should cost half of what a legendary takes to make…..

I don’t think it’s because people would rather “support” the game, that just ends up being what happens. I do agree people would straight out buy it because it’s faster than all the grinding and I think we all know that’s what the folks behind the game encourage as well.

The more grinding and higher number of mats required, the more likely people will just throw money at the Ca$h $hop. As I’m probably bordering the new personal attack law, I’ll leave it at that. Remember though, nothing out of the gem/ca$h $hop is required to play the game.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Do you hate money Anet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I think my main frustration is that I want to support future developments of the game but find it difficult to stomach some of the practices in the gem shop and things that go in it at the same time.

I would have dropped a good 60 to 100 bucks or so in the gem shop had it contained a large assortment of festive goods that I can enjoy, keep, and value as a heirloom of sorts of the fun that I had during these times. Cool intricate halloween goods that I can sometimes look at throughout the rest of my playtime as I enjoy guildwars 2 that would ignite nostalgia or past liked memories.

Halloween is one of the times that I wait all year round for, spend hundreds in festive goods IRL and do my share of donations to places like unicef, so in my perspective as a consumer and retailer alike, Halloween is a great opportunity to capitalize on which is why it boggles my mind that not more effort and creative energy was devoted to ensuring that it was one of the biggest events of the year. To me, this year’s content feels like it was a second priority living story update with very little monetization support to further ensure that it was a fiscally successful release.

I don’t know, maybe we’ll see if I got my tin foil hat on or not once we see the next quarterly reports in comparison to last quarter.