Drop 600g on Dusk or wait...?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

Thoughts? Will price on precursors ever go down in the foreseeable future? HELP THE DECISION IS TOO MUCH

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Nothing about precursors will change until more of them start appearing in the game. That wont happen until the stats on drop rates increase

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Send me the 600g and I will buy 600g worth of onions with it. Because they are just as useful as a precursor for a shiny toy :P But that’s my opinion heh

I have this idea that soon there will be better gear or another way to receive them, and those who spend on these overpriced things will be kicking themselves. Never hurts to wait.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Send me the 600g and I will buy 600g worth of onions with it. Because they are just as useful as a precursor for a shiny toy :P But that’s my opinion heh

I have this idea that soon there will be better gear or another way to receive them, and those who spend on these overpriced things will be kicking themselves. Never hurts to wait.

Legendaries have already been stated to always equal the current best in slot. As of right now, that means on par with exotic weapons, since those are the best weapons available. When later patches eventually introduce ascended weapons for example, the legendaries will (should) be buffed to be of equal stats.

Now whether or not making a legendary will be easier or cheaper than finding those eventual ascended weapons is something I highly doubt, it’s still worth mentioning.

Now if only we could choose the stat combos we get on our legendaries, instead of being stuck with Soldier’s on every weapon.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I think it’ll be better for you if you save up your gold.. At least, while farming, you might get it from a drop (miniscule chances). Just make sure not to use your gold for anything else.. Unlike me who buys all sorts of things that I later regret (such as exotic mini pets, self-style hairkit etc.) -_- good thing I lucked out in getting a prec.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

TDWIG.9712

Thanks for the replies guys, I’m just gonna keep watching the market I’m afraid if I buy it now, this living story pow wow is eventually gonna drop a one-time-karka-event-chest-type-thing and price of precursors gonna go way down…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I may be infracted for this, but as far as I am concerned, Im speaking the truth. Anet have a vested interested in keeping precursors costing alot of coin. Why? Because they are clearly cutting costs on development and adding as much grind to the game to compensate for it. So reducing the cost of precusors by any method would contradict their current outlook towards the game. I think spending coin for a few pixels is a terrible choice, but if you have alot of coin… 600g for a precursor aint going to get much better or worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I may be infracted for this, but as far as I am concerned, Im speaking the truth. Anet have a vested interested in keeping precursors costing alot of coin. Why? Because they are clearly cutting costs on development and adding as much grind to the game to compensate for it. So reducing the cost of precusors by any method would contradict their current outlook towards the game. I think spending coin for a few pixels is a terrible choice, but if you have alot of coin… 600g for a precursor aint going to get much better or worse.

" Because they are clearly cutting costs on development and adding as much grind to the game to compensate for it. "

This really confused me.. Cutting costs and compensating for it with grind..

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

" Because they are clearly cutting costs on development and adding as much grind to the game to compensate for it. "

The idea is, keep people active by grinding (the same content) rather than developing content to keep them engaged.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

The idea is, keep people active by grinding (the same content) rather than developing content to keep them engaged.

So your saying they are making the game terrible to keep us playing, and even though that terrible idea would lose all the players, thats okay because they don’t need money to support their company or families for that matter? I guess I’m just confused, maybe its cause its 3am. Because the idea that a company would make people grind to keep them in a game that is (after purchase) free to play and requires micro-transactions to survive boggles me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

So your saying they are making the game terrible to keep us playing, and even though that terrible idea would lose all the players, thats okay because they don’t need money to support their company or families for that matter? I guess I’m just confused, maybe its cause its 3am. Because the idea that a company would make people grind to keep them in a game that is (after purchase) free to play and requires micro-transactions to survive boggles me.

lol yeah it must be because its 3am, because you completely misunderstood what I said. Go get some sleep :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

lol yeah it must be because its 3am, because you completely misunderstood what I said. Go get some sleep :p

I know what you mean. They don’t want to pay their employees for new content so they leave precursors to RNG so players buy gems so they can get a legendary. ANET gets the most profit this way except their wrong. Most people that have a legendary or obtain then did so through RNG and flipping the trading post without purchasing a single gem. They need to improve the drop rate considerably to broaden their customer base. Right now they might find 1/1000 that will pay gems for a precursor, broaden the base by increasing dr and they might have 1/100 buying gems.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This whole discussion about them ‘cutting costs’ or whatever is unfounded. As a matter of fact, if you check their website, they’re ramping up on employees for different aspects of the game and company. Their development team, who we have no reason to distrust, has also on assorted occasions said that they’re not laying off employees or blatantly cutting costs. Go search the dev tracker if you’re curious.

The reason precursors are so valuable is because they are so rare and because demand is so high. Eventually this will drop off as more are added to the game whenever the precursor scavenger hunt comes to fruition, so if you’re not dead-set on getting your legendary right now, save up and wait.

As a side note, I’d really love for them to do another one-off with a Karka-like chest because that was awesome, but who knows what they’ll actually do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I’d wait, I’m not spending my hard-earned gold just like that.
I really don’t mind waiting, I’m pacient, I’ll do the scavenger hunt when it’s available.

@Also, lol, cutting costs, grind blablabla, hahahahahahahaha, you guys… Really funny.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

If you have all the other parts and 600g in the bank why not.

Dont by the precourser then realise you need that 600g for t6 mats stones etc, you may well get a lucky drop grinding out those you might find the price goes down there are more for sale now than there was, you might descide on a new main and get some thing else or OMG they migh introduce the scavanger hunt and you can earn one for free

Ulfar SOR

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

If you have all the other parts and 600g in the bank why not.

Dont by the precourser then realise you need that 600g for t6 mats stones etc, you may well get a lucky drop grinding out those you might find the price goes down there are more for sale now than there was, you might descide on a new main and get some thing else or OMG they migh introduce the scavanger hunt and you can earn one for free

Do this.
If you already have everything, then I’d just save up to buy the precursor. It’s the most guaranteed way to get it. The price might rise, but they seem to have been sort of steady for a few weeks..ish..maybe. Ideally, you’ll be saving up and then BAM scavenger huntor karka chest will happen and prices will drop. Worst is that the price will suddenly start rising again. I’m feeling as though 600g is as high as it will hit for awhile. Fingers crossed!

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Because they are clearly cutting costs on development

If you’re gonna spew stupid speculative bullkitten like this you better have a source to back it up, because no one is going to take you very seriously.

Just a quick look at Anet’s website shows they are hiring a bunch of people.

http://www.arena.net/#careers

Cutting costs on development? Sure does seem like they’re expanding.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

If you’re gonna spew stupid speculative bullkitten like this you better have a source to back it up, because no one is going to take you very seriously.

You mean the craziness that sounded like wasn’t just because I was tired last night? lol :P

Don’t forget: http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/13/3762362/ncsoft-selling-all-nc-interactive-shares-opening-new-us-subsidiary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

lol no. it is a stupid skin. nothing more.

Why blow it on that.. Don’t be vain

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I can guarantee you that prices will fall below 600 gold. I just can’t claim when.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flax.4980

Flax.4980

Since they modified boss chest loot the rate of precursor drops should have increased greatly. If anything because so many more people are doing these events all the time.

Personally I’m not even considering going for a legendary until the precursor scavenger hunt arrives (unless I somehow find the one I’m looking for). I would much rather spend 600g on permanent contracts, fancy armors and gems as I’m in no rush to get a legendary.

That said I am gradually saving up all the other things I need since the price of these things will skyrocket on the day precursors become easier to obtain.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

This whole discussion about them ‘cutting costs’ or whatever is unfounded. As a matter of fact, if you check their website, they’re ramping up on employees for different aspects of the game and company. Their development team, who we have no reason to distrust, has also on assorted occasions said that they’re not laying off employees or blatantly cutting costs. Go search the dev tracker if you’re curious.

The reason precursors are so valuable is because they are so rare and because demand is so high. Eventually this will drop off as more are added to the game whenever the precursor scavenger hunt comes to fruition, so if you’re not dead-set on getting your legendary right now, save up and wait.

As a side note, I’d really love for them to do another one-off with a Karka-like chest because that was awesome, but who knows what they’ll actually do.

I have played enough games that have gone the same route Anet have gone and they are cutting costs. I have seen so many games in the situation GW2 is in atm and the companies who are running them have claimed they are employing new staff and investing more money into the game and have the players going ök they must be doing this and we just aren’t seeing it", only to see the game flop.

If you want to argue that GW2 is increasing development, than where is it? Flame and Frost? I could have written the code for parts 1 and 2 in a under a full working week, by myself. And thats the content we have had for the last 2-3 months with some minor patch changes. Where is the development?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

It looks cool on a website. Ill bring back a reference that you may not know about. Us gamers in the 1990s played this game called Age Of Empires, an game breaking RTS game. About two years back, a sequel to AOE3 was brought out called Age of Empires: Online, with its Önline component being that it was now an "MMO"in a broad sense and attempted a “profit model”that has been set by games like WoW. At launch, they had multiple server and from the figure I can recall, around 40,000 players online at any given time.

But numbers dropped quickly. Players ran out of content in this “MMO” and “got bored”of playing the same content over and over again. Sound familiar? The forums started to go the same way this one did… players complaining about grinding and lack of content and expressing frustration with lack of development. And a common argument for them was to link these “complainers who are obviously delusional”to a website where they were actually recruiting more developers. Over a year ago now they pretty much realised the game was a flop, shred staff and made the game a free download and completely free to play. The entire time, their staff development for the game had not increased at any point. There were new staff members, but they were just filling the positions that had become vacant.

But Ill pose the same question to you that I did in my last post. If you think they are ramping up development, where is it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

TDWIG.9712

I can guarantee you that prices will fall below 600 gold. I just can’t claim when.

This is what I like to hear, I really really hope so.. I’m just not ready to drop all my months of hard work and go broke over something that drastically decreases in value in the future… LETS GO KARKA CHEST ROUND 2!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dan.8709

Wow @sostronk, you really know a lot about the online gaming industry huh! I’m glad you’re sharing your knowledge with us, I feel smarter.
ArenaNet should hire guys like you, this game would be so much better and would see soooo much content, I mean, culling would’ve been fixed in one month max I bet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Wait for next patch, or buy if you cant wait.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

if you have all 3 gifts … sure buy it. If it’s the first item … wait.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

My first question: Have you gotten everything else you need for your legendary?

If not it makes sense to wait until you have everything else you need, and hope you get lucky by throwing collected rares/exotic from drops into the MF in the meantime.

My second question: If you have everything else you need… what else would you possibly wish to buy with that 600 gold?

If there is nothing else you would buy or need right now, it doesn’t make any sense to me to just sit on the gold if you have the means to get your legendary now. At 600 gold, the precursor is probably the most expensive purchase you will ever make in game. Which means if something comes along in the future you absolutely have to have, it certainly wont take as long to amass the funds to get it.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

It’s a bit tricky to purchase expensive items on the TP since a new patch is approaching. I feel like prices will drop a bit further down because of how much people dislike the way precursors are acquired at the moment.. it’s 10 more days anyway… better wait

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I have everything I need for a legendary except for the precursor and dungeon tokens. I don’t know if its worth wasting my time waiting. I don’t think Anet have and intention of ever introducing scavenger hunt. I think it is in their best interests not to. Once people have their legendarys, there just isn’t much else to do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

I have played enough games that have gone the same route Anet have gone and they are cutting costs. I have seen so many games in the situation GW2 is in atm and the companies who are running them have claimed they are employing new staff and investing more money into the game and have the players going ök they must be doing this and we just aren’t seeing it", only to see the game flop.

If you want to argue that GW2 is increasing development, than where is it? Flame and Frost? I could have written the code for parts 1 and 2 in a under a full working week, by myself. And thats the content we have had for the last 2-3 months with some minor patch changes. Where is the development?

You should realise that flame and frost is more than just the new content- read the patch notes – and that you’re making quite a fool of yourself with your time tables and other exclamations.

gw2!=hello world. And if you have any clue of software engineering at all you would know that the actual coding time is less than 30% of the calculated project work time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Sounds like someone is mad :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dan.8709

@nirvana, scavenger hunt is coming sooner or later, doesn’t matter if you believe it or why you don’t believe it, it’s on it’s way.

Hopefully you buy your precursor and in the next update after it they launch it.

(edited by Dan.8709)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I wish I had 600g period, let alone enough gold to contemplate spending that amount one 1 thing v_v

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

Wait with buying, it’s not hard to understand.
Main reason is that it’s fairly common/semi-rare for precursors to appear in the game and time is your friend (patience).
There is nothing special in gw2 (in terms of being extremely rare), this means that everything will devalue over time (eventually), except for the ultra rares that don’t excist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

It will go down eventually, when maybe all that is left is the smart patient consumers who don’t let the suppliers push them around with price increases. Then and again, there are plenty of impatient rich kids out there.. so… it all depends on when Anet decides to act.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I wouldn’t buy one right now. They’re likely to go back down again shortly, as they’ve risen back up to about what they cost a month ago pre dragon event/chest change.

Let people make another round of dusks with the currently cheap rares/ectos in the MF for you.

If you have other stuff to do for your legendary, work on that stuff for now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I will be the contrarian.

If you have all the materials, sell them and buy your precursor with the profit. Now, equip it and go back to grinding your mats again.

Why? Because you can get mats all day long, and the sell price is high. As more players have put enough time in to see the possibility of a Legendary, they will likely have their mats, too… And the demand for the precursor will go up.

I am betting against ArenaNet making an “easier” way to get the precursors.. And if they do.. Well… Think about how many complaints there are, in this thread alone, about them taking so long to do anything. How high on that list do you think the Legendary quest is?

I’m going to go out a limb and be an anti conspiracy theorist.. Imagine the developers really love this game, and they don’t want everyone to have Legendary weapons, because they know it will do more damage to the game than any of you ever could. Example: everlasting bell. Imagine LA with every ranger showing off their Dreamer. More like rainbow city!

I just got my Legendary, and I’ve been playing since minute zero. Work for it, you might just appreciate the end result.

The Dreamer sounds more like a robin than a neighing hore.. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

TDWIG.9712

Yeah I think I’m going to wait for this next patch, and then just buy it no matter what happens to the price. I can only wait for so long…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Yeah I think I’m going to wait for this next patch, and then just buy it no matter what happens to the price. I can only wait for so long…

It’s iffy now. I made a post above mentioning they’re cheaper due to lower cost of ectos. Since that post they announced a change to dragon chests which caused ecto prices to go up a fair bit.

Precursor prices may not go back down now. There’s no real reason for precursor prices to go UP by any meaningful amount, as after all ectos are still cheaper today than they were pre dragon chests.

Waiting for the patch is fine. Unless there’s something in there directly related to precursors though, what you see today is probably about what you’ll see in a week though. Course there’s always surprises in the patches, you could end up seeing randomly in the patch notes “slightly increased chances to get precursors from the MF” again or something.

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

It’s iffy now. I made a post above mentioning they’re cheaper due to lower cost of ectos. Since that post they announced a change to dragon chests which caused ecto prices to go up a fair bit.

Precursor prices may not go back down now. There’s no real reason for precursor prices to go UP by any meaningful amount, as after all ectos are still cheaper today than they were pre dragon chests.

Waiting for the patch is fine. Unless there’s something in there directly related to precursors though, what you see today is probably about what you’ll see in a week though. Course there’s always surprises in the patches, you could end up seeing randomly in the patch notes “slightly increased chances to get precursors from the MF” again or something.

I could be wrong about the nerf, but aren’t they reducing the drop rate on both rare and exotic items? If so wouldn’t that mean less precursors dropping from boss chests?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

Find below a quote below stating that Anet is currently not working on a precursor scavenger hunt. Its months off if it even comes…

http://dragonseason.com/Front/tabid/124/EntryId/212/Lunch-with-Colin-Johanson-Part-III.aspx

====
“Precursors. A little while ago there was mention that there were going to be other ways to get hold of precursors, like through the scavenger hunt.

Colin: Someday yes.

Someday. So no plans for the immediate future?

Colin: We’ve thrown in a few more RNG ways to get them, like random chances for places they could go in the game recently, but that’s not the real solution. That’s just a “hey lets just increase the number of places people can earn them at this point”. The fixes for qualifying for loot that will go in the February release will also increase the chances you can get precursors ‘cause it means you have a higher chance of rolling for loot in every creature that you kill. Which means you have a higher chance of getting a precursor. So that will help as well. But long term we’d like to do something that’s a little bit more epic, where there’s a clear path of “here’s everything you need to do and when you complete it, you automatically get a precursor.” We’re not working on that right now, we’re really trying to design what that would be, but yeah certainly at some point we will create a system that allows you to do that."

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

A scavenger hunt is comming, but its a long way off. In the mean time your options are:

1. Wait. Maybe one will drop for you while you wait.

2. Putter around trying to make one yourself while you wait.

3. Hand over a buttload of gold to someone who was either luckier or braver than you who already did one of the first two choices.

On the whole I’d rather flush gold/mats down the toilet than promote the sale of precursors, but opions vary.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rebort.6295

Rebort.6295

I’ve said it before, if you had the gold for a precursor when they were 90 gold you should have purchased one. Same applied at 600g. Same will apply at 900g. Imo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’ve said it before, if you had the gold for a precursor when they were 90 gold you should have purchased one. Same applied at 600g. Same will apply at 900g. Imo.

On a similar note, I find it humorous when there are people out there who pick on those who bought precursors very cheaply several months ago.

Well back then, that ‘cheap’ price was the market price. For all we know the market price that people pay right now 700g would be considered cheap a few months down the road when they are 900g.

Can’t pick on the people who bought things cheaply because they weren’t cheap at that time.

A few days after release, I remember Dusk was 10g. Does it look cheap now? Hell yeah. But for two days in a game, 10g was A LOT.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I don’t think he was picking on anyone.. The early citizens of Tyria reaped the benefits of their investment in the future of Guild Wars 2. Anyone who chose to wait until the game settled down, worked better, etc etc is rewarded accordingly.

My first Jack-a-lop was a whopping 17g that a friend of mine had to almost smack me to get me to buy it. Now, 17g is pocket money.. <3 economics!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

You mean the craziness that sounded like wasn’t just because I was tired last night? lol :P

Don’t forget: http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/13/3762362/ncsoft-selling-all-nc-interactive-shares-opening-new-us-subsidiary

Publisher != developer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rebort.6295

Rebort.6295

On a similar note, I find it humorous when there are people out there who pick on those who bought precursors very cheaply several months ago.

Well back then, that ‘cheap’ price was the market price. For all we know the market price that people pay right now 700g would be considered cheap a few months down the road when they are 900g.

Can’t pick on the people who bought things cheaply because they weren’t cheap at that time.

A few days after release, I remember Dusk was 10g. Does it look cheap now? Hell yeah. But for two days in a game, 10g was A LOT.

If I’m picking on anyone (your words not mine), it’s the people who had the gold, wanted a precursor, but didn’t buy one. I realize cheap (again, I never said cheap) is relative. Regardless, hindsight being 20/20, see my earlier statement.
Edit: i can’t read apparently.

(edited by Rebort.6295)