Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

As a novice trader, I’ve noticed a disturbing trend. Over the past week, we’ve seen the crashing of the Dusk market. Right now, the sell price of Dusk is hovering at around 1,000 Gold. Not too long ago, Dusk’s sell price was near 2,000 Gold. How does a luxury item lose 50% of it’s value so fast? The answer here is DEFLATION!

That’s right. I think the current state of the GW2 economy is in a downward spiral. The evidence of Dusk losing that much value in such a short time span is too much to dismiss. The demand for this item has collapsed. But there’s hope! Having graduated with a business degree, I have access to some powerful economics textbooks from my college days. Using this wealth of knowledge, I’ve researched multiple scenarios, and discovered that the aggregate level of demand can be offset by a stimulus. Anet’s reduction of farms has led to a reduction in the velocity of Gold, so the answer to our problems is a short term buff in Gold output.

I’ve attached a graph that shows what would happen if Anet followed my suggestion.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

OH GOD. THE GOLD, its tipping!!!! And its being replaced by what appears to be stiff cut straight bananas! THE WORLD IS AT AN END. Also +Points for the JS quote, I was there for that.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

It was due to an exploit letting people list stuff on the TP without paying the listing fee.
And nobody was banned for that afaik.
Few (really few) were burnt selling few precursors for 2 silvers when the exploit was stealth fixed.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

It was due to an exploit letting people list stuff on the TP without paying the listing fee.
Few (really few) were burnt selling few precursors for 2 silvers when the exploit was stealth fixed.

I’m fairly certain this post was a gag. A joke. But I salute you captain negativity!

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Demand is finally down, that is all. (and maybe supply a bit up although I doubt that). april 14th is like 45 days past, us, people had the time to make their legendary. The ‘hype demand’ is slowly phasing out, for the normal ‘I make when I get the mats’, way of going.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Classic. +1

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I haven’t examined the subject and know nothing about it, therefore I am in a position to say with authority that there are too many Dusks on the trading post. This oversupply can be remedied by the TP barons getting together and buying up the surplus. I am here humbly volunteering my bank to use as a storage site for all these excess Dusks. All TP barons please email these Dusks to me forthwith and we together will combat this plague of underpriced Dusks.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

I believe that we need an official response with grafs taken from certain periods of time depicting no real information veiled in incomprehensible messages that are left open for speculation. Further commented on by the resident Smithinterpretors Wanze and Vol. Only then we will be able to put it behind us for a 6 month period whereupon we will have a ressurection in the form of new and/or necro thread.

Thank you for your time.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I believe that we need an official response with grafs taken from certain periods of time depicting no real information veiled in incomprehensible messages that are left open for speculation. Further commented on by the resident Smithinterpretors Wanze and Vol. Only then we will be able to put it behind us for a 6 month period whereupon we will have a ressurection in the form of new and/or necro thread.

Thank you for your time.

I possibly cant give a more accurate analysis than Lord Byron.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

At this rate, Dusk will be completely worthless after another week of free fall – and at the end of the month, people will be too poor to pay others to take this item off their hands when the price goes negative.

I can draw a line between two points, it must be true.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s about time we get more gold faucets!

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

we can probably do another discussion called there is no one manipulation precursor price. Even though they failed.

I dont’ know what is going on for dusk, but mithril price drops a bit.

I really just look at it as for a day or two mystic forge gambler stops gambling because of the mithril and wood price jump.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But … but … several were sold for 950g only 10 days ago and it’s now 1099g. That would be an annual inflation rate of over 20000%.

When will this horror end?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

This madness will not stop until Ellen Kiel is voted off the Council.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Anet put temporary economy changes every patch. Hard for it to stop.

at least people don’t need to complain about the millions of t5 leather on the TP for a few month.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

At this rate, Dusk will be completely worthless after another week of free fall – and at the end of the month, people will be too poor to pay others to take this item off their hands when the price goes negative.

I can draw a line between two points, it must be true.

The solution is obvious – Anet has to remove all Twilights from the game. The people who have them taken away will have to buy another Dusk to remake it, which will get rid of the oversupply on the TP. And because all the unbound Dusks in the game are automatically placed on the TP via sell orders, you can be sure that once they are gone there will be no more Dusks out there making them valuable once again.

It’s the only fair thing to do, taking away everyone’s Twilights will make them happy because they can buy another Dusk.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Hook, line and sinker. Gratz to the OP.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

too many dusks were dropping which was increasing demand and price

drop rate has been fixed

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

drop rate has been fixed

Could very well be true. There are so many more Twilights on the TP than Sunrises. In fact, Incinerator and Twilight have nearly twice as many unsold on the TP compared to all the other legendary. For some reason people just keep making and putting Twilights up even though some have remained unsold for several weeks now.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

drop rate has been fixed

???

What kind of rationale is this?

If too many dusks were dropping, the price would be falling.

In fact, I’m 100% sure the Dusk drop in price is connected to many players forging for Dusk since at a time it had a ridiculous price compared to other legendaries (+1300g).

Why spend the same amount of materials gambling for 1000g when you can use the same amount (and chances) for 1300g?

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

drop rate has been fixed

???

What kind of rationale is this?

If too many dusks were dropping, the price would be falling.

In fact, I’m 100% sure the Dusk drop in price is connected to many players forging for Dusk since at a time it had a ridiculous price compared to other legendaries (+1300g).

Why spend the same amount of materials gambling for 1000g when you can use the same amount (and chances) for 1300g?

Stop with all this seriousness in a troll topic, Vol.

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

John said and I do not quote “our charts show that increasing the drop rates would have the opposite effect that you want… increased supply would increase interest and demandcausing prices to rise”

so I assumed that the opposite would also be true… lowering drop rates would lower interest

i tried to be funny ill stop now

Dusk = only 1,000 Gold!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yes it’s true that increasing supply of something can lead to an increase in prices. But that isn’t always the case. Take the Chaos of Lyssa. They increased the drop rate ten fold, and the prices fell faster than a cubic zirconia on Paris Hilton’s finger.

But increasing the supply of currency has a completely different effect. In situations where the economy is falling, increasing income counters the effects of the farm nerfs. Players are more likely to be able to afford luxury items, and thus sellers are able to increase profit margins as well. When the sellers profit, they’re able to afford more items to flip on the market, and the circle of life continues. This makes for a healthy economy.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!