Easy item to flip

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It’s an exotic axe called: Faithful
Buy it for less than 5 gold, salvage it and get ectos + superior sigil of fire which is almost 6 gold
Also, you can flip superior sigils of fire.

You’re welcome.

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Buy it for less than 5 gold, salvage it and get ectos + superior sigil of fire which is almost 6 gold

You’re welcome.

So how many Faithfuls are you trying to off-load?

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

there are A LOT more items where the sigil is worth more than the exotics…
you need black lion kit to make sure you dont lose sigil and black lion kits cost gems (and the ones you get from dailies are rare…)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Actually, I’m just spreading the information that might be useful for some people. Why would the regular flippers be the only people who know. Fair play.

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Yeah. I’ve flipped over 20 this week doing the sigil resell. Pretty good for profit, but not when you’re out of kits.

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Actually, I’m just spreading the information that might be useful for some people. Why would the regular flippers be the only people who know. Fair play.

Because as soon as it makes the forum, blog, youtube channel, etc. the profit vanishes.

RIP in peace Robert

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

<incoming silliness>

Because as soon as it makes the forum, blog, youtube channel, etc. the profit vanishes.

You mean everyone would have to * gasp * play the game to make gold instead of playing the tp?!?!

Begone you charlatan! Go peddle your wares elsewhere!

</end silliness>

Alternatively, this is an example of possibly potentially destroying one market (for awhile) in order to educate the masses, so they can take this lesson and apply it to other markets. True a bunch of people will see this, blindly invest in this one example, and all profit will be gone. When instead they should take the example, extract knowledge from it, and think of other things they might do with it. Also, in a few weeks after the surge has died down and everyone is thoroughly disgusted at losing gold by jumping on the bandwagon, they’ll stop investing in this. And then things will return to normal, and a nice profit will be able to be made again on this specific example.

(edited by mginn.4502)

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Rise my Faithful price, RISE!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the last time I suggested this, someone shot me down with “that’s running a scrap materials business at a junk yard”
Doesn’t matter. No matter what you call it, there’s profit in buying items and salvaging for the socket. This is how I currently get about 30% of my income

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Don’t forget the tax and listing costs though!

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

You’re welcome.

So true.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skwca.7024

skwca.7024

to late.. ive been doing this all week with the 3 black lion salvage kits i had. out of the 75 items i salvaged for runes and ectos i sold the runes back for a total of about 2 gold profit and got 82 ectos(got lucky with these. should have been closer to 75.) Very easy money just ONE major problem. Black lion salvage kits are not cheep to get or easy to come by. when you get one yes its money in the bank but buying them off the gem shop is just horrible. you will loose money doing it that way. So imo this is not an idea that most ppl will take and run with. On a side note using any other salvage kits will also net you a loss as two in ten will not produce your rune(which is what keeps this idea going.)

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

the last time I suggested this, someone shot me down with “that’s running a scrap materials business at a junk yard”
Doesn’t matter. No matter what you call it, there’s profit in buying items and salvaging for the socket. This is how I currently get about 30% of my income

Flipping is buying an item just to resell it at a higher value where profit can be made. It’s preying on those who want cash now and aren’t willing wait for it by selling it themselves, then turning that inventory around and selling it to those who want the item now and aren’t willing to put up an offer and wait for it to be filled.

What you had described, and I myself also do, is literally doing the same thing as a scrap metal dealer. They rip apart cars, appliances, the occasional stolen school bus and sell off the raw materials for a profit.

I don’t see a problem with either method because the flipper or the salvager are simply taking advantage of the impatience of players who simply want their money or item right now. We simply make money on people who are unwilling to wait.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

to late.. ive been doing this all week with the 3 black lion salvage kits i had. out of the 75 items i salvaged for runes and ectos i sold the runes back for a total of about 2 gold profit and got 82 ectos(got lucky with these. should have been closer to 75.) Very easy money just ONE major problem. Black lion salvage kits are not cheep to get or easy to come by. when you get one yes its money in the bank but buying them off the gem shop is just horrible. you will loose money doing it that way. So imo this is not an idea that most ppl will take and run with. On a side note using any other salvage kits will also net you a loss as two in ten will not produce your rune(which is what keeps this idea going.)

It almost seems as though the devs INTENTIONALLY set this up so that it was difficult to make a nearly infinite amount of money just buying stuff off the TP, breaking them, and selling the pieces.

What, do they expect us to go out and play the game or something?

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

@tolunart you can’t make an infinite amount of money… as soon as people are able to trade there will be some that figure what items are worth more than others and start making an income.

GW2 is very nice that way because it allows all players to play the market equally. It’s extremly hard to flip high value items because of the listing fees and the tp in total is very noob-friendly and fair. If you discover a niche and earn some money from it others will notice it and compete with you —> the niche becomes worthless.

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I now know the reason why my profit stream dried up…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

A little math:
buy for 5g
salvage with BLSK, get 1.25 ecto + sigil
sell sigil for 6g = 5.1g return
sell ecto for 22s each = 23.4s return
cost of BLSK is currently ~36s
total profit = 5.1g+23.4s-5g-36s = -2.6s

OP did say “Buy it for less than 5 gold”. but that’s still a pretty slim profit margin. nearly guaranteed, but slim.

Easy item to flip

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

^
I’d rather buy some veggies with that 5g.