Easy money making trick revealed!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

Hello,

This post has one purpose and one purpose only: crash the prices of Silver Doubloons by spreading how they can be made ( not widely spread knowledge )

Some background info:

At release and pre-bot-ban Silver Doubloons were 2s ea – right now they are stable arund 37s ea

some people claim people are cornering the market by controlling the supply :

-> they buy out all silver doubloons and sell a limited amount
-> they buy out bags where they can be gotten from and sell a limited amount

However there is a much easier way than bags that these Doubloons can be gotten from – A market they cannot control because of the Oversupply of these items => it would simply be to expensive…

So here is how you make the money or get doubloons if you need them:

You buy Pebbles or Nuggets ( i will post my results at the end )
You go to MF
You add 4 pebbles or 4 nuggets and you click create
Now I am noewhere close to come to an accurate %-chance to get these. Sometimes I would get 3 doubloons in 20 tries and then 50 tries without a single doubloon. RNG will be RNG…

The profit here is with the Doubloons – Pebbles cost nothing, so very cheap – even one doubloon makes up for the cost of the pebbles

Aside from that you get useless mats – more pebbles – copper doubloons for pebbles and gold doubloons for nuggets

Results:

250tries with pebbles
100 tries with nuggets

Doubloons: Copper : 34
Silver: 15 (5g)
Gold: 5

The silver alone gives me 5g back – the pebbles plus nuggets only costed me ~3g so it really is a RISK FREE and EASY money making.

Again my only purpose is to crash the prices because im in dire need of these overpriced doubloons – that is my thinking and im not trying to manipulate the market in any way for personal profit

Thanks

~Saturn

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vanguardian.4921

Vanguardian.4921

isn’t crashing the market manipulating it?lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

Only when I want personal profit and all i want is non sore fingers and prices to drop so i can just buy them at low price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

The only person that’s gonna earn money is you, by selling all of the stones you stocked up on.

This “trick” was revealed yesterday on reddit, and is a sure way to LOSE money, as the chance to get the doubloon is extremely minuscule:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14mjz7/silver_doubloons_and_you_because_40s_a_pop_is_too/

Stop trying to get people to buy your junk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

I got 0 stones I can provide screenshots

Youre just the person hoarding all the doubloons

AAll I say is I made 3g profit by investing 3g believe it or not try it yourself – i promise its risk free

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

also read other posts here about Silver Doubloons – I got 15 doubloons from 250 pebble tries and 100 nugget

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Just tested this.

Did 100 combines in the forge (cost was about 1 gold for the pebbles) and I ended up with 6 silver doubloons and 10 copper doubloons.

Made 1.3 gold profit, this appears to work.

Now the only question is, will this crash the doubloon market or balloon the pebble market?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

Told you it will work and I think it will be a little of both, but more on the crashing part

There just is a HUGE oversupply on those pebbles – theres a huge huge huge income and relatively low demand

now demand will rise but because of the oversupply price will be barely influenced while the silver doubloons their supply just massively multiplies

I really believe this will crash the doubloons and only balloon the nuggets a little

EDIT: The only requisite is that alot of people start doing this :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It’l go like ectos.

its going to cap the doubloon market to the price of pebbles + 15% until the supply of pebbles diminishes, if enough people do this.

Just like ectos is capped right now at wood+mithril+bones+15% due to crafting rare weapons and salvaging for ecto. (huge oversupply in all 3 items).

Also this isnt risk free, as you can always get unlucky with the RNG, or simply not put a large enough batch in to normalize the randomness of outcomes (but you can still get unlucky).

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

The question I have is…..

If it’s so easy to get these Silver Doubloons from pebbles and nuggets, and you need them, why are you trying to crash the market? Why not just use the pebbles and nuggets to MAKE the Doubloons you need?

Once you have what you need, sell off the other junk you got and the total cost of getting the Doubloons should be remarkably less than trying to get enough of them to bring the market down.

Maybe I’m just being silly, but it seems like that’s the better way to get what YOU need.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It takes time to use the MF, dragging items into the slot and hitting the button.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mousethecat.1835

Mousethecat.1835

After reading the threads on the silver doubloons and learning about the pebble/nugget combine, I also tried my hand at it… My results are based more on my previous knowledge of mystic forging rather than the actual numbers and figures. Someone was claiming ~100% ROI, and that sounds about right to me.

Anyone doing this should notice that you can combine T1, T2, and T3 gems and other related items together, which is very interesting in itself. I’d like to know more about how that works… But for now, that’s beside the point.

Pebbles and copper doubloons are considered T1.
Nuggets, marks, and silver doubloons are T2. (You can combine marks with nuggets to get the same result (or just 4 marks), and marks are currently ~31c)
Lumps, talismans, and gold doubloons are T3.

Mystic forge works by accepting 4 of the same tier and type of item, and gives you a random item of the same type at an assumed ~20% to upgrade it a tier (which is why the T1-T3 combines are confusing).

Since silver doubloons are T2, the pebble combine should result in about a 1:4 silver:copper doubloon ratio.

Since nuggets are T2, they should have the same ratio, except with gold:silver.

Theoretically, you should be getting ~4x the silver doubloons with the T2 combines, compared to the T1 combines.

Bottom line. This combination is awesome. It’s cheap and virtually guaranteed to make you some money (for now!).

(edited by Mousethecat.1835)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

It takes time to use the MF, dragging items into the slot and hitting the button.

double click them…. you deserve the carpal tunnel if you constantly drag to the forge.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

PowerCat.5738

Ok, I bit.

Bought 200 lapis nugget and 200 spinel nugget

On a bit over 100 forges, I got 3 silver doubloons, for A NET LOSS OF 1 AND A HALF GOLD! yay.

Seems like a 0.03% chance for doubloons for me.

(edited by PowerCat.5738)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mousethecat.1835

Ok, I bit.

Bought 200 lapis nugget and 200 spinel nugget

On a bit over 100 forges, I got 3 silver doubloons, for A NET LOSS OF 1 AND A HALF GOLD! yay.

Seems like a 0.03% chance for doubloons for me.

Using buy orders, you could have gotten those 400 nuggets for 1g60s

Not saying you didn’t have bad luck. Just saying you’re not using buy orders, and that’s a big part of not losing too much on bad streaks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

PowerCat.5738

Meh, I’ll make it back

However for the pain of forging all of those, I’d rather use other money making methods.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

As of right now the only thing this post is doing is driving up the price of pebbles by roughly 30%, which in turn will drive up the price of doubloons so people can be compensated…

The demand for doubloons is really high, and with the scavenger hunt around the corner all you did was screw yourself because you can’t get doubloons from chests, drops, bags, and now the MF, yet the demand is only going to go up in the future.

If you really wanted to make Juggernaut you were better off using this method and not announcing it…the people playing the market will always find a way to profit…the people making Juggernaut will continue to struggle…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

I admit, I did make money doing this, 250 pebbles made 3 silver doubloons, but the sheer amount of hand sore and annoyance this method involved makes it not worth it. Doubling your input (MAYBE) at the cost of wrecking your hand… I’d rather not.

And I’m sure it was luck, that granted me those 3 doubloons. If I’d gotten nothing, I would have been sore and upset. I quit while I was ahead, and I wouldn’t recommend this method to anyone.

Anet needs to change the mystic forge, so that if I put 4 equal stacks of something in, I get back the amount of output item I would have if I had put them in 4 at a time. Until then, these mass conversion money making schemes are best left to people with cybernetic hands, or automation programs.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mousethecat.1835

I’ve now been trying different T1,T2,T3 combinations, to make better use of the talismans and lumps, and I found out something interesting.

Combining 3 T1’s (pebbles) and 1 T3 (Talisman, Lump) has never yielded a T1 result.

I found pebbles by themselves to not really be worth it, until I found this out. Seems like it would be the most effective way to use the pebbles.

(edited by Mousethecat.1835)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

Interesting. Not sure the time/annoyance of the forge may be worth it for me when I have other options.

On the other hand, this probably explains why all my gems got bought off the TP last night.

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Welp, time to sell my stash of T1 pebbles that’s been sitting in my Bank looking pretty.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

ow. my hand. that was a bad idea.
also, in the time it takes to do this, you can make even more gold doing other things, like running dungeons. (and that’s infinitely more fun than this.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logun.5360

Logun.5360

Whatever happened to citing sources? This was posted over 3 days ago in the silver doubloon thread in an attempt to help talk the OP off a ledge.

(edited by Logun.5360)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aliamarc.7051

Aliamarc.7051

Whatever happened to citing sources? This was posted over 3 days ago in the silver doubloon thread in an attempt to help talk the OP off a ledge.

Well, yanno, ya gotta help out the folks unwilling to read in depth into a thread. /sarcasm

I watched that thread as it was going down, and it was fascinating to watch the market respond to the forum. And now, today, I’ve been watching it skyrocket even further.

Personally, I have very little patience for dealing with the MF; I also haven’t taken the time to delve into it the way MajorKong has done. Other parts of the market, on the other hand – well, y’all just keep throwing pebbles into the forge to get your silver doubloons. Don’t forget about talismans and marks, they can be turned into doubloons as well. :P

TL;DR: when you’re dealing with the mystic forge, the cost of the starting items and the value of the ending item are variable and may fluctuate by the second, and drop rates are really only observable across vast amounts of combines. It can be easy to lose money very quickly if you’re not paying attention to what you’re doing on the MF. In my (biased) opinion, there are faster and surer ways to make money than trying to combine to get a single specific item, because unless you’re silent about it, you’ll wind up tanking your profits by driving up costs and driving down values.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

got plenty of these in my collection, lets see this afternoon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The other trick mentioned in a nearby thread – go do The Maw event with low 30th level characters – has worked very well for me, generating several silver dubloons this evening. I’ve now parked three 35th level characters there to farm this while they are of the appropriate level to get the chest to drop silver dubloons. And as my other characters hit the appriate range, I’ll move them out there for a while.

Sorry, not planning on selling them, but at least I won’t be part of the demand driving the price up.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Haters gonna hate. Thank you OP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Sorry, not planning on selling them, but at least I won’t be part of the demand driving the price up.

The price has actually dropped by around 8 silver since this thread went up. Forum Power!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

well guys I started off with about 1g and bought a bunch of talismans and pebbles with that. I used “mousethecats” method

After clicking and clicking for about 40 minutes I ended up selling my doublons to the highest bidder after listing them and being undercut so much.

Sold for about 1.8 G. (could have been higher if I didn’t list them)

So 80s profit in 40 minutes. Boring, I don’t think I’ll be doing this anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Let me get this straight. People are unhappy that their unskilled labor (’cause clicking the MF does not take any level/skill qualifications – a fresh minted toon can do it as well as an 80) took a largely junk commodity and turned a profit while fulfilling a demand for one of the most exclusive items in the game?

Seriously, if you’re too good for that profit, just let the people trying to make a Gift of Quicksilver do the work themselves. Now that they know how, the demand should basically evaporate.

This is why I want to see a “recycling” MF recipe for rare (yellow) crafting mats. The 40-to-1 price disparity between the loadstones says there’s a demand deep enought to see the less valued loadstones/cores/shards/whatever get converted at random in the hopes of hitting the desired types.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Let me get this straight. People are unhappy that their unskilled labor (’cause clicking the MF does not take any level/skill qualifications – a fresh minted toon can do it as well as an 80) took a largely junk commodity and turned a profit while fulfilling a demand for one of the most exclusive items in the game?

Seriously, if you’re too good for that profit, just let the people trying to make a Gift of Quicksilver do the work themselves. Now that they know how, the demand should basically evaporate.

This is why I want to see a “recycling” MF recipe for rare (yellow) crafting mats. The 40-to-1 price disparity between the loadstones says there’s a demand deep enought to see the less valued loadstones/cores/shards/whatever get converted at random in the hopes of hitting the desired types.

lol. Hey I didn’t mind the profit, I never implied I was “too good for it”. It’s just I would rather actually PLAY the game instead of click click, click click, click click for a chance at easy money. I’m sure this method of making easy money appeals to very many people. Take advantage of it while you can.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

AAs many peopel asked – I announced this exactly for the reason that my hands hurted after double clicking million times – dont think im far of it- and theoretically this should crash the silver doubloon market and only balloon nuggets alittle bit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Whatever said and done. I thank the OP, the Reddit guy and whoever is doing this clicking shenanigans. Thank you all for sticking the Doubloon to the market manipulators.

http://www.guildwarstrade.com/item/24502

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

1. Very old info

2. It’s no good without optimizing clicking thru thousands of pebbles; otherwise the gold/hour is about as good as many unskilled farming activities

in Black Lion Trading Co

Saturn L O L.1406

if the info is so old, pls explain the 15s drop in prices only hours after creation of this post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Zid – You Sir, got told.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zid.4196

One of the threads still on the first page of this very forum discusses this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Silver-Doubloons/first but OK I got told.

You know what else I did? I aced my SATs once. Unlike people who don’t understand old =/= widespread.

Oh, and by the way, silver doubloons falling in price makes this meagerly paying activity even more pathetic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

The value of spreading this information isn’t in whether or not it lit some marketeer’s pants on fire. Or if someone made .3 or .7 gold per hour clicking the MF into submission.

The value is that people trying to craft a particular legendary will be able to advance toward their goal without having to play Trade Post Wars 2 at all. Pebbles are not only cheap at the TP, they are comparitively easy to just harvest yourself from the landscape.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

if the info is so old, pls explain the 15s drop in prices only hours after creation of this post

I have a feeling you’re seeing 2 things. As you know (or you should), the market for nearly every item on the Trading Post is cyclical. Peak prices happen on the weekends (Friday and Saturday), then prices will begin to fall late Sunday as players start unloading all of their wares from the weekend. Tuesday and Wednesday are usually the low points in the market, but this tends to fluctuate as well.

What you’re seeing is:
1. Typical market fluctuation based on high player numbers on the weekends and lower player numbers mid-week.

2. This idea of converting pebbles/nuggets to Doubloons working….to some extent.

I’m not saying that what you’re trying to do isn’t working. I’m trying to say that you need to look at it over a longer period of time. This thread is not “crashing the market”, but it MAY help to bring the Silver Doubloon market down to a more reasonable level….at least until those players trying to corner the market on Silver Doubloons take the pebble/nugget/mark/talisman markets away from you too….and TRULY control the method of acquisition of Silver Doubloons.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It’l go like ectos.

its going to cap the doubloon market to the price of pebbles + 15% until the supply of pebbles diminishes, if enough people do this.

Just like ectos is capped right now at wood+mithril+bones+15% due to crafting rare weapons and salvaging for ecto. (huge oversupply in all 3 items).

Also this isnt risk free, as you can always get unlucky with the RNG, or simply not put a large enough batch in to normalize the randomness of outcomes (but you can still get unlucky).

I did.

I did this with two batches of 250 pebbles. In the first batch I spent 88 silver and made 2.1 gold from doubloons. With the second batch I spend 1 gold 18 silver and I only received 1 doubloon.

Then I stopped. Kitten RNG.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zid.4196

The value is that people trying to craft a particular legendary will be able to advance toward their goal without having to play Trade Post Wars 2 at all.

This gem belongs right up there with Marx in the communist bullkitten pantheon.

There’s no such thing as “not paying the market”. Even if you grind all the doubloons by yourself, not selling them on the market is your loss. In economics, this is called “alternative cost”. It’s same thing that makes grinding pebbles into doubloons poor activity at the current prices.

You do gain something by grinding doubloons by yourself comparing to buying them: the spread between buy and sell. It’s not nearly enough to cover your alternative losses for not doing profitable activities like running TA, forging decent stuff, flipping, or even gathering your daily high-profit nodes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

Price was 38 when you started your post. price is now 30. It is good but don’t exaggerate
But now pebble price doubbled or tripled, and nuggets rose significantly too and this combination ROI is now near 0 (maybe even negative). Which means it is probably not going to go down much more.

Well actually it could… if with your post you managed to scare the people who bought tons of these doubloon, and now start to sell them to avoid losses and crash the prices. If that works, then well done

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

The value is that people trying to craft a particular legendary will be able to advance toward their goal without having to play Trade Post Wars 2 at all.

This gem belongs right up there with Marx in the communist bullkitten pantheon.

There’s no such thing as “not paying the market”. Even if you grind all the doubloons by yourself, not selling them on the market is your loss. In economics, this is called “alternative cost”. It’s same thing that makes grinding pebbles into doubloons poor activity at the current prices.

You do gain something by grinding doubloons by yourself comparing to buying them: the spread between buy and sell. It’s not nearly enough to cover your alternative losses for not doing profitable activities like running TA, forging decent stuff, flipping, or even gathering your daily high-profit nodes.

This is mostly true, but I was listening to a podcast the other and working on some other things – I didn’t have the full attention span to “play” but I was able to forge pebbles and make Doubloons so in that sense, it was a good use of part of my attention.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

I fiddled with this combine using T2 stuff back when dubloons were briefly at 60s. I got 2 silver dubloons and 2 gold dubloons from 106 trials (I kept a full tally of what I got), which ended up being only marginally profitable. It was mostly just boring, sadly. Perhaps I was just unlucky?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

OP in this thread is the same OP you talked off the ledge in the other thread… he was QQing about how hard silver doubloons were to get, and then you told him how to get them, and now he posts this thread like he’s some super genius who thought of it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Logun.5360

Logun.5360

OP in this thread is the same OP you talked off the ledge in the other thread… he was QQing about how hard silver doubloons were to get, and then you told him how to get them, and now he posts this thread like he’s some super genius who thought of it.

Good thing I was long on pebbles and nuggets…jk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

You guys might want to cut this out you’ve found a way to earn gold and that might just be an exploit in action people, can we get a word on weather this is an exploit from a mod here?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

You guys might want to cut this out you’ve found a way to earn gold and that might just be an exploit in action people, can we get a word on weather this is an exploit from a mod here?

It is standard mystic forge use.
Unless using the mystic forge in itself is an exploit, or is earning gold inherently an exploit?
(This method is very inefficient now that the market adjusted anyway)

(edited by Kethryes.5712)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

got plenty of these in my collection, lets see this afternoon

dunno how many forges i made, probably around 50, got 5 silver dubloons so made a 1g30s with stuff i had in my collection, didnt buy any so thanks for that tip :P