Economy Report - update on T7 mats and MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Our favorite economist recently posted a write up on the upcoming changes to the game. It’s an important read, so everyone who frequents the Trading Forum should see:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Thanks John for giving us some details.

Edit – The most interesting part of the article is how we’ll be making T7 mats. Since I’m at work, I’m unable to get in game. So I just missed out on buying up all the lower end mats before the prices skyrocket. Sad penguin is sad.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

It’s always happening while I’m at work.
Viva la disequilibrium.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The economy in Guild Wars 2 has been incredibly stable since launch, and while we don’t intend to perform such a massive change to the markets often, we’re really excited about these changes. They’ll make each piece of our new content even more *rewarding *to traders, give players new goals that are clear and expensive to work towards, and revise some old reward systems that held very little value. In the end, these changes are good for the tp traders, but more importantly, they will be getting richer off regular players.

Fixed for clarity*

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

This update is HUGE for us who watch the TP like it’s a growing child. I’m almost crying because my boss won’t let me go home to play video games.

Ectos, Crystalline, mats of all flavors are gonna go crazy. Though I’m glad I didn’t waste all my Karma, since I’ll need them all for Obsidian Shards.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

This update is HUGE for us who watch the TP like it’s a growing child. I’m almost crying because my boss won’t let me go home to play video games.

Ectos, Crystalline, mats of all flavors are gonna go crazy. Though I’m glad I didn’t waste all my Karma, since I’ll need them all for Obsidian Shards.

those already went up in price… i guess you can push it up a bit more… its the weekend afterall………..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

They all went up in price due to speculation. But with clear news on what each type of mat is doing, I expect prices to jump even more.

And so much for selling Exotics on the TP. I’ll be salvaging them all for Dark Matter. That alone could make Ecto prices wacky for a little while.

Side note – the updates to the runes are interesting too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The economy in Guild Wars 2 has been incredibly stable since launch, and while we don’t intend to perform such a massive change to the markets often, we’re really excited about these changes. They’ll make each piece of our new content even more *rewarding *to traders, give players new goals that are clear and expensive to work towards, and revise some old reward systems that held very little value. In the end, these changes are good for the tp traders, but more importantly, they’re getting rich off regular players.

Fixed for clarity*

More expensive materials = people who do dungeons/gather/craft will be able to earn MORE MONEY from the loot they earn.

SO HAPPY.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

They all went up in price due to speculation. But with clear news on what each type of mat is doing, I expect prices to jump even more.

And so much for selling Exotics on the TP. I’ll be salvaging them all for Dark Matter. That alone could make Ecto prices wacky for a little while.

Side note – the updates to the runes are interesting too.

Or speculation overshot the equilibrium price. you never know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Within minutes of John’s update, people were already draining the TP supply of specific items. I seriously need to get the IT guys to allow me to connect to GW2 with my laptop. 6 more hours until I can get home, and by then, it’s way too late to play the market…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If this works as a very successful Gold sink, then I will of course congratulate Smith on its wise Architecture.

OTOH, if it just results in a bunch more minmaxers with the “If you’re NOT running Berserker, then you’re being selfish” mentality to further petition Anet to keep designing their way AROUND the problem of the berserker meta, then I will be very vocal in my disappointment over it.

I don’t run Clerics/Celestial/Ryenas/PVT/Knights/Valks/Rampagers b/c I’m bad at dodging or worried about dying. No, infact my Twitch reflexes are in the top 2%. No I prefer to run those stats because they keep the encounters from ending too soon and being TOO EASY. This removal of MF% from gear simply because it caused disagreements between minmaxers and casuals, is a dangerous precedent to be setting…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

If this works as a very successful Gold sink, then I will of course congratulate Smith on its wise Architecture.

OTOH, if it just results in a bunch more minmaxers with the “If you’re NOT running Berserker, then you’re being selfish” mentality to further petition Anet to keep designing their way AROUND the problem of the berserker meta, then I will be very vocal in my disappointment over it.

I don’t run Clerics/Celestial/Ryenas/PVT/Knights/Valks/Rampagers b/c I’m bad at dodging or worried about dying. No, infact my Twitch reflexes are in the top 2%. No I prefer to run those stats because they keep the encounters from ending too soon and being TOO EASY. This removal of MF% from gear simply because it caused disagreements between minmaxers and casuals, is a dangerous precedent to be setting…

I sorta agree with Anet that MF should not be an attribute along side Power, Toughness, etc. But then again, I used to run full MF gear when I WvW’d, so it’s not like the stats trade off affected my game play in a zerg.

You’re right about the new Goldsinks. Crafting to 500, and salvaging Exotics to get rare mats are going to be hugely expensive. I wasn’t expecting this when John confirmed he had plans to address the current month’s Gold making events. We do have a few days before the patch hits, so it’s time to farm farm farm!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

No word on what’s happening to opals?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

You’re right about the new Goldsinks. Crafting to 500, and salvaging Exotics to get rare mats are going to be hugely expensive. I wasn’t expecting this when John confirmed he had plans to address the current month’s Gold making events. We do have a few days before the patch hits, so it’s time to farm farm farm!

Yeah things will get pretty expensive, though there is still some exotics on the TP that give great value, at the time of this posting , “Scepter of the Highborn” is a good investment at 1.5g, with a BL salvage kit you can recoup around 1.3g from the sigil and have a good chance to walk away with some ecto’s, it has some risk but it’s minimal in comparison to other items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yeah things will get pretty expensive, though there is still some exotics on the TP that give great value, at the time of this posting , “Scepter of the Highborn” is a good investment at 1.5g, with a BL salvage kit you can recoup around 1.3g from the sigil and have a good chance to walk away with some ecto’s, it has some risk but it’s minimal in comparison to other items.

There is hope that when I craft my Exotics, and then salvage them, I’ll recoup at least a high percentage of the Ecto that I used. So I don’t anticipate losing too many Ectos from this. Other crafting material is a completely different story. Orichalcum and Ancient Wood is gonna be very valuable/pricey. Things like Ruby Orbs are already high priced. And I’m sure that all low end T6 mats have had their prices spike since this blog was released. I’m at work still, so I can’t get in game to see how much damage was done.

Regarding the acquisition of T6, I tried to be sneaky and use Clover recipes to farm T6. The RNG gods played a bad trick on me, as I was getting more Clovers than I really wanted.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Out of curiosity, what percentage of the active population do you think are aware of the amount and type of materials needed to craft ascended weapons?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Out of curiosity, what percentage of the active population do you think are aware of the amount and type of materials needed to craft ascended weapons?

The only percentage that matters are the ones who are the ones who play the market. It’s because they’re the ones who speculate, thus throw prices all over the place. As more people learn about required mats over time, the market will level out to what we view as acceptable prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think initially the prices of ori, ancient wood, t6 mats and ectos will rise again because those are needed to lvl your crafting to 450 or 500.

Once most people are at lvl 450 crafting, they will need the ascended mats and the farming meta will change quite a bit. More people will farm the world bosses which might push ecto prices down again.

I also expect exotic weapons to rise in price because they will be salvaged more often now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

I think initially the prices of ori, ancient wood, t6 mats and ectos will rise again because those are needed to lvl your crafting to 450 or 500.

Once most people are at lvl 450 crafting, they will need the ascended mats and the farming meta will change quite a bit. More people will farm the world bosses which might push ecto prices down again.

I also expect exotic weapons to rise in price because they will be salvaged more often now.

Ectos are needed for exotics and exotics are needed for dark matter to build ascended weapon components.

There will be very strong demand for ectos for a very long time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

There aren’t many good deals left on level 80 exotics.

If you dig around a bit; you can find some level 80 exotic weapons that sell at the same price as their superior sigils. Not only would you make all your money back selling the sigils; you’ll get some ectos and dark matter to boot.

(edited by Calae.1738)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Ectos are needed for exotics and exotics are needed for dark matter to build ascended weapon components.

Not if you can’t sell dark matter and ascended items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

Not if you can’t sell dark matter and ascended items.

I’ll bet ascended armor will be using a similar formula.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mursumaine.8730

Mursumaine.8730

“All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with three new combos:

Explorer’s recipes will be replaced with the Assassin’s stat combo (Precision, Power, Critical Damage)"

So does it mean that explorers armor will have precision, power and crit dmg stats? And with cost of half of berseker armor cause claws are way cheaper than blood?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

“All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with three new combos:

Explorer’s recipes will be replaced with the Assassin’s stat combo (Precision, Power, Critical Damage)"

So does it mean that explorers armor will have precision, power and crit dmg stats? And with cost of half of berseker armor cause claws are way cheaper than blood?

Thats correct. However, on Assassins gear, Precision will be the main stat instead of power.

I also expect Opal to fall into that stat line, being an alternative to Ruby.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

Apparently we’ll be able to sell refined ascended materials on the TP. We won’t be able to sell the raw materials and the final product. Which is interesting because if someone levels their crafting to 500 and buys the recipes; they can buy all the components off the TP and craft a weapon in less than a minute.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The tricky part is getting to 500, from what I read about the process crafting exotics should be enough to get to 450, but the last 50 points will require getting at least some of those account bound raw materials and refining them. I think the idea is that upon reaching 500 you should be able to make your first weapon immediately, then once you’re at 500 you can refine mats and sell them, use them, or buy refined mats from the TP to make another weapon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

Staff Elementalists will be making a killing. They just have artificer to level and craft 2 weapons and they’re done. The rest is all gravy.