Ecto prices tanking

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

You know something is wrong when a crafting mats with alot of uses is cheaper than some of T6 mats like Powerful Blood, Armor Scale, and Crystalline Dust.
Instead of guaranteeing a rare for each daily boss event, they should move it up to weekly.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

hehe… sounds like someone has been stocking ectos at high price

what’s the ecto price now ? i rarely check…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

20s.

I should have checked before buying all those Masterwork things to turn into rares for ecto salvage today.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I was trying to tell ppl the ecto bubble was going to pop. Once every one start to buy ecto for the hope that the price will go up you know its time to get out of ectos.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Coquette.2753

Coquette.2753

Because as opposed to increasing the drop rate of T6 crafting materials (because they are such a blissful joy to gather up), this is a much better idea.

If life keeps asking you the same questions, you are not learning the lessons.
<Piken Square>

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

hahaha i feel no sympathy for anyone who speculated on the “nerf.” It didn’t take much thought to figure out that most people DONT farm multiple world bosses on multiple alts per day by switching to alternate servers.

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

finaly i can buy ectoes and go for some crafting i was holding never ever buying them cuz they where to MUCH
nad i think that still THEY ARE to much

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

You lost in market PVP take your whooping and go.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s fine by me. The dropping prices also gives Anet room to introduced crafted ascended items in the future if they wish to do so. That way you wont have the opposite effect, which would be ectos rising to insane prices simply because many of them are required to craft ascended gear.

With the way things are now if someone wants to craft themselves a set of exotic gear they can simply participate in bonus chest events until they have enough ectos, then craft their own armor/trinkets once they have the other mats.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

btw they just jumped to 23/24 silver so they are not tanking and one more thing they are overprised until they dont reach point of 18 silver min thac the normal prise im playing this game since lunch and somehow i cant make any legendary not even close cuz of those stupid ectas that are bilion dolars to get them

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

sweet! I get to make my own trinkets/armor now! Apart from the leather/goss stuff (which is cheap) it only takes 30 ectos to make an exotic armor and 25 ectos for full exotic trinkets. That’s like 1.3g :o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Just do the clover recipe for t6 mats if ectos drop in prices. RNG sure, but can pay off.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Protip: Learn to chart.

Ectos have been in a rising wedge for months now, which is a bearish sign. When the price broke below the rising trend line it’s telling you to get out.

Attachments:

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i have already predicted that ectos will drop in price because the real source of ectos is not from world bosses.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I don’t think anything actually changed with drop rates. The price of gold to gem conversion is at an all time high, which indicates that a lot of conversion is taking place right now.

Since the economy heavily revolves around Ectos, I’m not surprised that its price dropped due to this.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I don’t think anything actually changed with drop rates. The price of gold to gem conversion is at an all time high, which indicates that a lot of conversion is taking place right now.

Since the economy heavily revolves around Ectos, I’m not surprised that its price dropped due to this.

They finally put something in the gem shop worth buying…

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

hahaha i feel no sympathy for anyone who speculated on the “nerf.” It didn’t take much thought to figure out that most people DONT farm multiple world bosses on multiple alts per day by switching to alternate servers.

iknow 2 people who were getting 100-120 rares a day.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

This can be very easily achieved without ever leaving LA.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Sure, if you craft them.

Drops? Exaggerating

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Well I posted that ecto will fall to 15s each in few weeks after the 100% rare drop implementation from world event, even on 1per event per account it’s 100% sure that it ll tank to the 10s-15s range per piece. Plus, dungeon farms allow us to buy QL70 rare armor parts for 30 badges each that you can salvage for ectos, so if you run every dungeons and every paths everyday you can get 8X3X60tokens= 1440tokens so /30 = about 50 rares per day (50 ecto), BUT most of dungeon takes some long time so its better to farm Cof p1/p2 with DR and get plenty rares to salvage with your dungeons tokens. Doing both dungeons and world events each player can gather enough ecto in a single day to get their ascended earing requiring 50 ectos without buying any on TP, as you get 2 earing max with the stats desired the other days you just sell your ectos for gathering gold… Anyway it will be good to buy ecto back if needed when price will be deflated to their real value (around 10s to 15s)
About cristaline dusts and other T6 do you know such an efficient way to get a large quantity per day (based on playerbase population that provide items) as rare drop about ecto supplies on daily basis and that would make their prices fall? there is none atm so T6 prices are accurates. And yes ecto will keep tanking (higher and higher volume).
Personnaly I wish ecto keep at 20s because i need to make gold selling my farmed ectos… unfortunatelly I highly doubt they ll stay that long.

(edited by Titan.3472)

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

You guys and your forum threads to change the market lol. Good job, but short lived.

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Hopefully t6 mats will be increased in drops!

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

It’s fine by me. The dropping prices also gives Anet room to introduced crafted ascended items in the future if they wish to do so. That way you wont have the opposite effect, which would be ectos rising to insane prices simply because many of them are required to craft ascended gear.

Mists Essence will probably be a replacement for Ectos for crafting ascended gear.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Mists Essence will probably be a replacement for Ectos for crafting ascended gear.

No objections to that, but I hope in that event that Mist Essence becomes available through other parts of the game (e.g. Laurels, rare drops from World Boss chests) so people aren’t forced to farm Fractals for it. WvW players should also be able to obtain Ascended gear via Badges of Honor. Guild Commendations should also eventually offer Ascended guild armor and weapons.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Since english is not my native language, i’m not sure what exactly means “tanking” as a verb of tank … I guess it is something like stock up or increasing supply of .
Anyway … as about ectos … it will always be the most common used material, not just in crafting, but for anything. Seem the speculation, after the announce of world events change, have passed and most of the speculators got bite the dust (or i hope so). The price dropped more than 20%. The temporary increasing of supply is probably due to releasing to the TP of speculation stocked up ectos. Soon the listings will become the same as before the patch, so will the price too.
As long as there is no bots (or almost none), the price will remain pretty stable at ~24s (with ~10% tolerance). No chance for 10-15s ectos. There was a topic in which John Smith posted that the volume of ecto market for 24h is like 130k. So … i dont think there is market manipulator wealth enough to make manipulation of such a scale.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It will tank more until ppl have their dyes and are used to the seeing fused skins. Then it will rise again.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Since english is not my native language, i’m not sure what exactly means “tanking” as a verb of tank … I guess it is something like stock up or increasing supply of .
Anyway … as about ectos … it will always be the most common used material, not just in crafting, but for anything. Seem the speculation, after the announce of world events change, have passed and most of the speculators got bite the dust (or i hope so). The price dropped more than 20%. The temporary increasing of supply is probably due to releasing to the TP of speculation stocked up ectos. Soon the listings will become the same as before the patch, so will the price too.
As long as there is no bots (or almost none), the price will remain pretty stable at ~24s (with ~10% tolerance). No chance for 10-15s ectos. There was a topic in which John Smith posted that the volume of ecto market for 24h is like 130k. So … i dont think there is market manipulator wealth enough to make manipulation of such a scale.

Tanking means dropping in price (usually quickly).

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Don’t count on it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

SET.3275

Beside the artificial tanking (i see it on every item last days) – the graph of ecto price is steadily going down. All this with constant supply at ~65k.
What do you think guys, how much ecto is stocked around? Last time i checked mine, i had 136.
Is it possible the stocked ecto to be panic-sold and thus significantly affect the market and push down the price even more?

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Beside the artificial tanking (i see it on every item last days) – the graph of ecto price is steadily going down. All this with constant supply at ~65k.
What do you think guys, how much ecto is stocked around? Last time i checked mine, i had 136.
Is it possible the stocked ecto to be panic-sold and thus significantly affect the market and push down the price even more?

I can’t imagine anyone is going to panic sell ectos. They are one of the few items that are basically useful everywhere. Yes they may be dropping in price because so many are entering they system, but everytime someone makes one of those 250 glob items/upgrades, that 250 is now out of the system.

Eventually they will hit a point where it is comfortable to either farm or buy them, at whatever that rate is, much like everything else. Just because it is easier to get ectos now, and they are more accessible, doesn’t mean it is going to continue on an uncontrolled crash trajectory. Its a useful item, like lodestones, not like something being speculated on.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Oh look one of these threads again lol. It isn’t may yet? Gosh you guys are fast. Another attempt to play with ecto prices by scaring or exciting people. Lets see how it does this time shall we!

Everytime I see it, I remember that story about the boy who cried wolf.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

btw they just jumped to 23/24 silver so they are not tanking and one more thing they are overprised until they dont reach point of 18 silver min thac the normal prise im playing this game since lunch and somehow i cant make any legendary not even close cuz of those stupid ectas that are bilion dolars to get them

This is what happens when people post nerf+"item" in the same thread ^^

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

My guild mate correctly predicted a drop in ecto prices post world boss chest daily implementation. I will now listen closer to his market advice.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

My guild mate correctly predicted a drop in ecto prices post world boss chest daily implementation. I will now listen closer to his market advice.

A lot of people did, but so many non believers heh.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I am just glad that I sold mine when they were in the 40s.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Thats a no brainer. some ppl just like to hang on to their ecto for later use, just don’t like it how later player are handed over a bone.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

SET.3275

Here is the panic sell as i predicted – there is 3.5k ecto now at 21.01s . The highest buy order is 21.00 currently, but i think not for long.
Next prediction:
Till the end of the week the price will go below 20s. With the new sentinel insignia i think the globs will fit their price at 19s

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

You can actually get them now without having to break your piggy bank to get enough to do what you want to do. This is a real tragedy, that farmers can’t get boatloads of gold for overpricing them like they could before. Plz fix anet.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The real issue is that ArenaNet has not implemented any new uses for ecto.

Yes, you could make Sentinel’s armor and weapons now. But that’s like 10 ecto for an Exotic armor set, right? Hardly a drain on the economy. Especially considering most people disregard Vitality & Toughness for pure DPS anyway.

(Yes, Vit/Tough have their uses… But in the horribly flawed combat system, their benefits are greatly diminished. Even if you stack Toughness and Vitality… You’ll only get like one or two extra hits before you’re Downed. Dodging is the name of the game.)

I could have seen this coming after the Laurel vendor update. I mean, they introduce new Ascended amulets… but they’re not crafted. You can’t even craft Utility Infusions with additional Agony Resistance (and Utility Infusions are the big benefit to having an amulet).

Then the Guild Missions update… Yes, the Laurel vendor requires Laurels AND Ecto for the Ascended Accessories, but unless you’re interested in grinding the high level Fractals, I see no need for those. You could also join a HUGE guild and participate in their Guild Missions and get them for just 5g after collecting enough tokens.

And more recently, all of the weapons skins that have been introduced are Gem Store based.

ArenaNet wants money coming in, so they put weapon skins on the Gem Store…

This is the real problem with Ecto. Most long-term players (the ones with gold) will have already acquired the armor pieces and weapons that they need.

With nothing new to craft, there’s no real need for ecto. Most newbies are probably uninterested in crafting Ascendeds, since they’re probably busy doing things besides grinding the Fractals.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It’s 30 ectos for an armor set, just correcting that for ya.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Sentinels gear doesnt require ectos, as the insignia and dowels are drops.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Sentinels gear doesnt require ectos, as the insignia and dowels are drops.

Yeah, it’s odd that there is no recipe to make them.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

No objections to that, but I hope in that event that Mist Essence becomes available through other parts of the game (e.g. Laurels, rare drops from World Boss chests) so people aren’t forced to farm Fractals for it. WvW players should also be able to obtain Ascended gear via Badges of Honor. Guild Commendations should also eventually offer Ascended guild armor and weapons.

Considering that the original purpose of Ascended gear was to progress through FotM, I’d rather they do the exact opposite. . .

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Considering that the original purpose of Ascended gear was to progress through FotM, I’d rather they do the exact opposite. . .

Not really. Infusion is the pet mechanic of Fractals. In my opinion, there was really no need for Ascended gear to have even higher stats than Exotic; they could have had the exact same stats, except that Ascended gear also has a slot for you to put Infusions in. With their (usually) insane requirements, Ascended gear having higher stats was obviously put in as a goal for the people who like grinding to acquire BiS gear.

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ectos are continuing to fall, now hovering at around 20s. Part of my is expecting Billy Ray and Lewis to show up and start buying.

Or high level rares are considered worthless to equip or use as MF attempts for a precursor (RNG fatigue) and is only good to break down. If these are being created via crafting we may soon be hitting the point where mats used to craft loose their value. Mithril which was in the 40-42c each range a week ago is now in the low 30s. I expect sigil/rune prices to fall next.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ecto price is currently tanking at 19s 50c… i saw 4000+ order for that price yesterday, with a few order above it every now and then….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Ectos are continuing to fall, now hovering at around 20s. Part of my is expecting Billy Ray and Lewis to show up and start buying.

Or high level rares are considered worthless to equip or use as MF attempts for a precursor (RNG fatigue) and is only good to break down. If these are being created via crafting we may soon be hitting the point where mats used to craft loose their value. Mithril which was in the 40-42c each range a week ago is now in the low 30s. I expect sigil/rune prices to fall next.

Then I suggest you expect incorrectly. Sigils and runes (at least the good ones that people want, such as Divinity/fire/bloodlust) cannot be crafted, and only show up on exotic found gear. The guaranteed rare changes while infusing tons of ectos into the system, has not done anything for exotics, or the high price runes attached to those exotics.

In fact, those runes (assuming Anet doesn’t nerf them) will just continue to rise in price. Currently sigil of fire is so significantly ahead of any other crit based sigil for damage, it will continue to outpace. Bloodlust is so significantly better than any other power based option.

I would be nice if someone wouldkittenless and think about why the other sigils are not used, and buff them up, so people have a reason to diversify. The other effects can and are good, they are just much weaker than the best. Why take situational when you can have just plain good?

Ecto prices tanking

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m talking major not superior runes and their prices have been stuck between 4.5 to 5.5s for a while now. Yes there are spikes up above 6s but that happens only when the plethora of under six ones are finally exhausted for the short time it’ll take before someone finds one while cracking rares and posts it in the 5s range.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes