Ectos poised to skyrocket

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

While I do dabble in some arbitrage, I mostly make my money by mass mystic forging for profit. Some of the ectos people buy have been supplied by me.

In the past two weeks, certain very large inventories used in ecto supply have been depleted. These inventories were creating a temporary drag on the price increase of ectos. With them out of the way, we are about to see the true extend of the recent changes to ecto supply and demand. Buckle up!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721 Show your a list of the supply and demand of ecto. the demand for it has always been around 60000-70000. The supply before the bot ban 15000-20000 after the bot ban the supply dropped to 5000 and it is continually decreasing. So I expect the price of globs to continually increase, since the supply of ecto will not increase anytime soon.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Need moar bots!

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Bot ban started it but the players will decrease supply even further.

In the past, I used to just TP my rares. Whatever minor advantage I might have gained by salvaging them and keeping the ectos (if there even was one) was minor enough I didn’t really care. But now I salvage them all and keep the ectos.

I’m sure more than a few people are in the same situation. Add all those up and it’s just that many less ectos available for the public.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Well, if the price of ectos goes up so goes the price of rares, so there will be no difference.
It’s not like people are like “ohh ectos are so expensive, I’ll just sell this lvl 80 rare for 2s50 on the TP!!1”.
However, it’s pretty annoying that exotics thereby become so expensive that it becomes more attractive again to do kittening pve (dungeons) for items instead.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tozza.8709

tozza.8709

With the price of crafted rares going up so much due to ecto price rise, why don’t more people just use Karma from dailies? Only about 10 dailies or piece if not using a booster.

Am I missing something?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Lets go 1g/ecto!! :p ofc by then, gold will be worthless :p personally, im gonna use dungeon tokens to outfit all my alts. Their trubkets will be a diff matter tho :/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

The other reason is black lion kits are too costly, there’s no way i’d waste money on them anymore. I was hoping for half price black lion kits on the sales.
The entire gem store is a complete waste as everything is too costly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MacLeod.5386

MacLeod.5386

The other reason is black lion kits are too costly, there’s no way i’d waste money on them anymore. I was hoping for half price black lion kits on the sales.

I was getting those kits out of the Black Lion Chest(Locked) once in a while, but I have opened at least 30 now with not a single stack of kits. I don’t know if they removed them from the chests or not, so I’m done with both the kits and the chests myself, until they fix whatever they intentionally or accidentally changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I was getting those kits out of the Black Lion Chest(Locked) once in a while, but I have opened at least 30 now with not a single stack of kits. I don’t know if they removed them from the chests or not, so I’m done with both the kits and the chests myself, until they fix whatever they intentionally or accidentally changed.

Seems like simple monetization for me.

1) Increase demand for ectoplasm (New gear requires 250/precursors from karka)
2) Decrease salvage rates from normal kits
3) Reduce rate of BLSK from BLC

Buy your kits now for the low low price of 300 gems.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sender.7958

Sender.7958

Gonna go up even further once Anet compensates the people who bugged out on the Karka event i.e. a second wave of precursors will hit the market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Could be worth to buy rares to salvage and hope rng is on your side then sell ectos once they’ve gone up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lani.4650

Lani.4650

Could be worth to buy rares to salvage and hope rng is on your side then sell ectos once they’ve gone up.

That was my game until last night.

I used to buy rares for 24-30S remove the runes and the ecto and flip. I was making a nice return. But when I went to the TP last night the lowest rare on the market was 77S.

How did the prices more than double overnight?!?!? The ectos were only 36S so that was not what pushed the price up! Ecto to rare price was running 1:1 for some time now. Not any more!

I came here to see if anyone knew what was happening. The TP has gone absolutely crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

penatbater.4710

What’s your expected price ceiling for ectos? will it reach 1g a piece?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I would think anet would do something with regards to crafting requirements, salvage rates, or rare drops if that happened. Too many other things are tied to ecto values to let it raise to those levels.

I’m guessing anet is thinking of doing something even now.

It will keep going up for a while longer, but I don’t know how much money you’d make investing now after the 15% tp cut.

in Black Lion Trading Co

penatbater.4710

im thinking of selling my ectos when it reaches 50s then just buy it back when it lowers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obiwhan.1236

Obiwhan.1236

I wouldn’t bet on market coming down to previous lvls anytime soon. They have increased the damand for the material, and the drop rates have stayed the same……

in Black Lion Trading Co

penatbater.4710

I’m considering that they also said they’ll introduce other ascended stuff over time. With everyone and their grandmother buying up ectos/rares, and with the huge demand for them and t6 mats, introducing another set of ascended stuff will only make it go up. Maybe a few months down the road, we’ll look back at this day and say “In my days, ectos were only 20s each. Now they’re 2.5g each. old man sigh

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

Maybe a few months down the road, we’ll look back at this day and say “In my days, ectos were only 20s each. Now they’re 2.5g each. old man sigh

20s? Pshaw! In my day they were barely over half that price at 12s!

In all seriousness, though, it does seem like the ecto market will rise for the moment.

I’m actually wondering if they’ll actually drop after wintersday, though, if they’re introducing ways to get ascended back items that don’t take 100s of ectos. In the reddit they did on Monday, they flat out said that the mat price for Ascended items is too expensive at the moment.

Of course, there’s still that legendary weapon thing…