Endless Halloween Tonic on TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Someone currently has an endless halloween tonic for sale on the TP for 199g99s99c. Yes it is for sale and not a buy order, it shows 1 available and the cheapest buy order is 40g.

What I want to know is how was he able to place it for sale? I don’t have the option for mine, though I don’t want to sell mine, I was just wondering. Also while I am on the subject, Anet should really change the EL tonics that came out of the mystic chests from soulbound to account bound. I have multiples of those tonics and would like to give them to an alt to carry around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I thought it was account bound. o.o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

How many chests did you open to get multiple EL tonics?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I agree. I have 2 everlasting halloween tonics and I’m just waiting for the opportunity to sell one. I would love even more being able to buy the other everlasting tonics since they are almost impossible to collect with the insane price of gems. It was bad enough when gems were at 50s since I needed to open 300 chests just to get ONE.

Also, strange you mention your EL tonics being soul bound since mine (the tree variety) is account bound. But as noted I think it’s draconian that they are bound at all.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I wish that tonics could be freely sold on the TP. I never use them myself except for the rare occasions when I’m waiting around in town and there’s a Costume Brawl going on. I’d much rather sell them to people who like running around as an unusual critter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Weird. I just posted this same topic….with the same title.

Anyways, my EHT was originally soulbound. After a certain update that allowed crafted halloween tonics to be sold on the TP, my tonic became unbound (along with all the generic halloween tonics).

However, this is what I see when I right click on my endless tonic, and all my other halloween tonics for that matter……. (no option to sell):

Attachments:

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Sadly it seems that any tonics obtained before the patch are still account/soul bound even though the tooltip no longer shows that they are. Any tonics obtained now from trick or treat bags seem to be sellable.

This seems bugged to me….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kyiv.9621

Sadly it seems that any tonics obtained before the patch are still account/soul bound even though the tooltip no longer shows that they are. Any tonics obtained now from trick or treat bags seem to be sellable.

This seems bugged to me….

ahh that makes sense thanks. A good item for Anet might be to make a Mystic Forge recipe that uses certain halloween items to make personalized trick or treat bags. It would get rid of the massive amount of those items on the TP and give people a better chance to get an everlasting tonic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Firebaall.5127

Merged topic, and no official reply.

Do we need to open a support ticket?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kyiv.9621

Buy orders are now up to 68g. Never knew people cared about them so much lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

working as intended imo.

enjoy your endless tonic that u were so lucky to get.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Firebaall.5127

Indeed, lucky to get one.

However, all players should be treated the same when they aquire a rare item. How would you feel if you got a precursor that was soulbound, while everybody else that found one was able to sell it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

MyGWAccount.7325

Indeed, lucky to get one.

However, all players should be treated the same when they aquire a rare item. How would you feel if you got a precursor that was soulbound, while everybody else that found one was able to sell it?

i wouldnt feel so good with a soulbound precursor since i can only use a few of the weapons. and would most likely be stuck with something i cannot even equip. however this isnt the case with endless halloween tonics since everyone can use them regardless of class.

currently it seems that only one person has one that is tradeable and is the polar opposite of your example. only one person has found that tradeable one and everyone else is in the same boat as me with untradeables.

i dont feel bad at all about the endless tonic situation imo. just gonna use my potion and enjoy all the transformations i can do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

Well from http://www.guildwarstrade.com/item/36106 we can tell that so far there have been a great total of 2 to 4 tonics on the TP
One that sold at 150 gold (or the guy removed its sell order, but would have wasted 7.5 gold…)
The one at 199 gold (still there)
One that sold at 45 gold.
And one that filled the order at 68 gold (or the guy removed its buy order…)

What is funny is that it suddenly gave some value to the trick or treat bags.
http://www.guildwarstrade.com/item/36038
One days after the endless tonic was put on TP, the demand for ToT increased.

But it would be good if Anet could correct this bug… I am sure there are a few hundred waiting to be sold

(edited by Kethryes.5712)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Been wondering about this… would love to be able to sell mine.

I can see this being a low priority so that isn’t a big deal… but since they made a patch specifically to make them unbound, they kinda made it a high priority. So to make a patch that just divided the way tonics work (based on when you open the bag) is interesting.

I’m assuming it’s a bug but I can see why, on some level, they may have done it intentionally. An answer either way would be appreciated

in Black Lion Trading Co

Firebaall.5127

Ok, I did some testing.

What’s happening is that a patch was implemented that was supposed to make all halloween tonics (both crafted and those found in the ToT bags) tradable/sellable.

What actually happened, is that it’s not working on any tonics that were existing prior to the patch. Only the ones made or found in ToT bags AFTER the patch are working as intended.

I purchased a quantity of ToT bags from the trader and opened them. All the regular were tradable. When I stacked them with some of my pre-patch tonics, they took on the unsalable quality of the originals.

This also extends to the endless version as well.

This should be looked at.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

So if you stack with old ones you can’t sell it? That sucks. The other way around would have been a nice workaround to the problem… too bad.

Thanks for the test

in Black Lion Trading Co

Firebaall.5127

Yes, that’s correct. If you add the “new” ones to the older bugged tonics, they become unsaleable, and look like the picture above with only the options use or destroy.

It sure would be swell if we could get a response from an anet staffer on this one. Even “we’re aware of the problem, and looking into it”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

Just a thought, did you try to add the “old” ones on top of the new ones instead? Maybe it takes the property of the “arrival” object. (Or maybe not… but i can’t try it right now)

In any case, if you have an endless tonic you would need to find a new one to do this… Someone knows what is the chance of the ToT bags to drop one? I could not find this info anywhere…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kyiv.9621

Yes, that’s correct. If you add the “new” ones to the older bugged tonics, they become unsaleable, and look like the picture above with only the options use or destroy.

It sure would be swell if we could get a response from an anet staffer on this one. Even “we’re aware of the problem, and looking into it”.

My old tonics were untradable after the patch, but all I had to do was split the stack and they became sellable again. Sadly I only have 1 endless tonic so I can’t test if you split two of those if both would become sellable like it does with the cheapo tonics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

Interesting, so then you “just” have to get a new endless tonic! Why don’t you buy 100 000 Trick or treat bags to try to drop one? … XD

Or wait for Anet to correct this but… I’m afraid that’s not on their top 10 priority list (or even top 1000 for that matter…)

in Black Lion Trading Co

MyGWAccount.7325

the one listed at 199g sold. ty to whoever bought it. made me really happy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

Someone bought it at this insane price?
… maybe buying 100 000 ToT bags would actually be a good idea >.<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Firebaall.5127

Hello?

Developers? Anet Rep? Guy trying to sell pizzas in a monkey suit (seems like the same quality of service…..)?

Can we get some input on the service that’s not working here?

You’d think they’d pay attention to something they messed up on.

/end wishful thinking

…on a side note:

Splitting stacks of tonics does infact fix the issue. I guess the only solution Anet can come up with is to send me multiple endless halloween tonics to split stacks on…….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I have 2 (pre-patch) endless tonics and they don’t stack.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I have one that I’d like to sell too but can’t .

Bumping so maybe someone at anet will see it and respond. lol jk xd rotflmao.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

They are not stakable? … that sucks. So you really can only sell one if you opened a ToT bag after the patch.

Well, in the meantime, buy orders are rising to 175g and sell order to 250g. The more Anet waits to fix it, the higher it will sell… except if they never fix it XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I too want to sell my endless halloween tonic…sits in my bank waiting to be made into gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Well it is possible to make it….I think.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

I just found out about this aswell, so people who got it after the patch can sell it? thats so unfair, I got mine early in halloween, and I want to sell it as i never use it…. And like the pictire above mine is not soulbound or anything but theres no option to sell it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Basement.4156

Basement.4156

cant sell mine either

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cymatoperior.5942

Cymatoperior.5942

Only recently did the price of trick or treat bags shoot up. You guys are slow, I been waiting to sell my stacks of bags since the beginning of this thread.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

well thanks for the TOT bags Cymatoperior, I just bought 500 to give it a shot since I was having a luck streak with wintersday gifts. Got an endless and sold it for 150 gold on tp

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Before I get flamed I should say that I also have a glitched endless from halloween (took at least 1000 tot bags to get it then). I just fancied a chance at the 150 gold buy order

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kethryes.5712

Bump.
Still no official answers to know if the “old” tonics will ever be sellable?

@DrMatt: Either you are super lucky or the chances are higher than I thought…
Edit: and also, if I read the info from spidy correctly, you probalbly could have sold it for 250g… but that is still some awesome ROI on 500 bags…