Endless Jack-in-the-Box Tool

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I like the new Jack-in-the-Box harvesting tool. It’s creepy and unique and perfect for my Necro. But my Necro already has a soulbound Endless Harvesting Tool, so I won’t be buying any gems to get the newest version of the Endless Tools. Ever.

If only the Endless Tools were account-bound instead of soul-bound, I could switch the old tool to another character and THEN I might spill some cash for a spiffy new tool for my Necro.

I’m just sayin’.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

There’s a reason they’re soulbound. Also stack of Ori tools are 4s and using those up in a high level area not only pays off that stack and a few more, but profit as well. But seriously 800gems for a virtual convenience item, yes I get a good laugh out of that trap.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There’s a reason they’re soulbound. Also stack of Ori tools are 4s and using those up in a high level area not only pays off that stack and a few more, but profit as well. But seriously 800gems for a virtual convenience item, yes I get a good laugh out of that trap.

Actually you can get each one of the ori tools for “free” by buying them with karma, including the picks which you need to do an event for. Which makes the gem store tools even less cost effective.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

karma isn’t free anymore. It is so much harder to get than gold that I replaced my gf infusion with a karma infusion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

karma isn’t free anymore. It is so much harder to get than gold that I replaced my gf infusion with a karma infusion.

350 karma each. It’s not that much karma that doing some events in a map won’t pay for a set or two.

I buy set of each, 10 at a time and I still am increasing the amount of karma I have over time. I guess it depends on how you play and if you do activities that gain karma.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, not a complaint because Anet needs to earn money. But in terms of customer feedback, I’d have bought at least two of the unlimited gathering tools, and would probably buy more as new designs came out if they were account bound. As it stands I have bought none because I don’t want to commit them to a single character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Yeah. The mining tool I was fine passing on.. but I kind of like the jack in the box, however having a tool that cost 10 buck sit in my bank is not going to happen.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

I’m sure Anet sees the numbers, and they’re seeing that it’s worth it to make it soulbound. It’s unfortunate – because I’d be someone who does buy it if it were account bound.

Apparently there’s enough people buying it that they don’t have too (make it account bound that is)

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dench.5968

Dench.5968

I would like to buy these types of items, but the fact that it’s soul bound is preventing me from doing so. It being $8 and having a very narrow use in game doesn’t help either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Yeah, I think that’s the bottom line, really. We’ll buy more if they are account bound than if they are soulbound. Maybe I’m wrong and there are players who will spill $10 a pop on these things every time they come out. For me, though, buying a new one means that the old one I bought is trash and instead of perm-a-tool, they become rent-a-tool.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

We really need an item to make a soulbound item into an account bound item. I think the bone pick would of suited my char better then the molten one i already have. I’d of bought it if i didn’t already have an unlimited pick bound to my main, but i’m not going to buy it, if i can’t switch the molten it to another char.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

As an altoholic, these things being soulbound is a real annoyance. I know they’re convenience items, but I’d love to have them on whichever character I’m spending the majority of my time with. I haven’t touched my main in a few weeks (who has all 3 of the original endless tools) and am enjoying some <80 alts. They’d love these tools!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: harpoonefish.3208

harpoonefish.3208

Okay soulbound, accountbound, it honestly doesnt matter much to me i’ll probably keep them on one character anyway, and i honestly kind of like the idea of all my toons eventually having all different infinite harvesting tools.
I find them to be a nice touch of flavor.

That being said however, although difficult to implement (im assuming) i think i have a solution for this problem.

Let’s say my necromancer has a consortium harvesting sickle, but i would rather have the bone scythe on him.
What if when i bought the bone scythe, i had the option to unbind the sickle from him, at the cost of binding the scythe on him.

This would still leave them soulbind, but would remove the buyer’s regret when a new “more fitting” infinite tool comes out.

Besides developing a loopy working soulbind mechanic, i really don’t see any downsides to this… opinions?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

< Altaholic with 6x full (triple) unlimited use set. All bought with gold. It was an anoying investment but i’m glad i did it. No more worries at all for mining materials!! And im slowly earning them back. I think so far i earned at least 4 back, if not more.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I love the creepy clown-in-a-box scythe…both visually and sound effects are great.