Error TP

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

You have placed too many sell orders too quickly.

Why is there this s**t?
Remove it please. I am not a bot I play normally and hva this error is buillkitten.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s simple spam prevention and is a feature commonly found in online services. Without it, I could buy and sell in quantities of over 100k per second which would negatively impact the trading post’s performance.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Perhaps; but the threshold is just too low. Couple of items and you get this annoying message.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Perhaps; but the threshold is just too low. Couple of items and you get this annoying message.

It isn’t that low. I sold a bunch of different types of crafting materials yesterday. I didn’t get the error until after I sold maybe my 15th item or so.

You guys should be thankful it tells you that you’ve sold too much too fast now. Before the feature pack all it said was “Error attempting to sell” which wasn’t informative at all.

Aside from preventing you from spamming the TP which would degrade performance for all players, it makes it so others have a chance to buy/sell items.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It isn’t that low. I sold a bunch of different types of crafting materials yesterday. I didn’t get the error until after I sold maybe my 15th item or so.

You guys should be thankful it tells you that you’ve sold too much too fast now. Before the feature pack all it said was “Error attempting to sell” which wasn’t informative at all.

Aside from preventing you from spamming the TP which would degrade performance for all players, it makes it so others have a chance to buy/sell items.

Way too low. People complain about this bug all the time. Make it 1/4 or 1/5 the time and humans will likely almost never see the error, but it would still stop bots.

Also, now the error suggests it’s your error (you sold too fast), which means they’ll never address the issue.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

It’s simple spam prevention and is a feature commonly found in online services. Without it, I could buy and sell in quantities of over 100k per second which would negatively impact the trading post’s performance.

Great logic there Chief. Because the OP was asking to be able to post 100k per second.

How about instead of 100k per second or 7 per minute, we put in something a bit more reasonable like 30 per minute. Something a human cannot possibly hit, yet something that prevents an automated program from spamming the TP.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well “Chief” the true advantage of a bot is it’s relentlessness, kind of like the Terminator. It doesn’t sleep, it doesn’t panic and as such whatever timer they may put in, a bot can be programmed around that.

Now I know they implied the sell limit was in there to prevent bots but I think that’s an excuse to hide the limits on the infrastructure of the TP as well as keeping access fair among players.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

even 1 listing per second a human can’t match. it’s currently at about 10 every 30 seconds (0.3 listings per second).
this new TP is slower at posting stuff than the last one, so it’s harder to reach the limit (which shouldn’t be the case, but that’s a complaint for a different thread), but it is still possible.

Error TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

even 1 listing per second a human can’t match. it’s currently at about 10 every 30 seconds (0.3 listings per second).
this new TP is slower at posting stuff than the last one, so it’s harder to reach the limit (which shouldn’t be the case, but that’s a complaint for a different thread), but it is still possible.

The limit is still 7 within a minute of each other.

This at least suggests that the limitation may indeed be a result of underlying architecture rather than a design choice.