Awesome.6120

I thought your suppose to wait till tomorrow

The patch notes say the stuff is in.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Event Started - Opened 47 Black Iron Chests

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I had another friend who opened an additional 50 and got nothing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Gotta patch first before you open stuff.
But, others have bad luck too. reported; some 80+ chests and 2 skins in another thread.

Needless to say, I won’t be buying keys for such a lousy rate as all that.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Gotta patch first before you open stuff.
But, others have bad luck too. reported; some 80+ chests and 2 skins in another thread.

Needless to say, I won’t be buying keys for such a lousy rate as all that.

I was patched. I was standing in the crazy new Lion Arch when I opened them all.

So tell your friends people…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I reckon that I’ll be saving my gems during this event.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I reckon that I’ll be saving my gems during this event.

Definitely buying those minis though!

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ramethzero.3785

Yeah I’m so not spending anything on any of this. Some of the skins on TP are ridiculously priced as well. You could buy yourself an exotic or 10 for what the skins are going for. It’s soooo not worth it.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

Opened around 80 chests. No weapon skins at all. The skins are already going for at least 40g on the TP, but we all know that’s just going to get more expensive. This is all rather disappointing to be honest.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Epistemology.3780

Epistemology.3780

I can confirm the poor rates. I’m not exactly sure how many chests I opened, but I spent about $140 US in the BLTC and of the gems I used on chests, I managed to get two skins. I really can’t confirm the number of chests exactly but I would wager it was ~60. As someone who can and does regularly purchase gems with real money, I am hesitant to do so again for chest keys.

I got one costume and traded a few gems for gold since the price was so high—those transactions I feel fine with. The chests on the other hand… a little disappointing. Not enough to scream or get nasty about, just something I won’t be doing again in the future. YMMV

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

140US? holy crap, that´s frightening…

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Epistemology.3780

Meh, I can afford it given that I’m an adult with a nice job. I can’t afford to grind all day though. Works for me, although, not as well as I would have hoped with the holiday chests.

To each their own, no?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ramethzero.3785

I can afford it to. I’m adult with a full time job, but that doesn’t make me wanna give them my money over a betting system. I still can’t justify giving that much money away for something that’s not going to change my game at all. It would be like buying a that kitteny horse mount in WoW.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Black Lion Trading Co

Epistemology.3780

OK… I feel differently, acted differently, and felt the rewards didn’t pace well with the cost. I came to confirm the low rate so others who feel similarly to me might avoid the expenditure if this low rate bothered them, while adding that the reward rate is too low for me to consider doing it again. I’m not sure where, exactly, this became about critiquing what I want to do with my money but thanks for the heads up, Ramethzero.

I also donated to a charity today. Care to tell me that’s a worthless expenditure of my finances because you wouldn’t chose to either donate or donate to the particular charity to which I donated?

I’m not trying to be rude, but I honestly don’t understand why the amount of money I spent is an issue for anyone besides me.

(edited by Epistemology.3780)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

OK… I feel differently, acted differently, and felt the rewards didn’t pace well with the cost. I came to confirm the low rate so others who feel similarly to me might avoid the expenditure if this low rate bothered them, while adding that the reward rate is too low for me to consider doing it again.

Yeah, it looks like others have realized this as well. The price of these chests on the TP dropped by about 60% in less than an hour, and now they’re going for less than 1/4 of what they were last evening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Epistemology.3780

Yeah, it looks like others have realized this as well. The price of these chests on the TP dropped by about 60% in less than an hour, and now they’re going for less than 1/4 of what they were last evening.

I’ve noticed the drop via gw2spidy as well. In hindsight, I would have just purchased the skins if they were offered that way. All said, I think I am going to enjoy the Halloween events (and likely all of their holiday events in the future) as long as I don’t spend money on RNG chests—at least at the current rates. The more you know, etc.

As someone who doesn’t mind spending real money for gems, the rates were just not appealing enough for me to warrant spending the money again, that’s all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hippocampus.8470

I get the impression that’s a very widespread feeling about the Black Lion Keys. If they cost, say, 1/5 as much (25 cents each instead of $1.25, if they’re bought individually), it’s quite possible that more than 5 times as many would be purchased, and ANet would end up making quite a bit more real money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Epistemology.3780

I get the impression that’s a very widespread feeling about the Black Lion Keys. If they cost, say, 1/5 as much (25 cents each instead of $1.25, if they’re bought individually), it’s quite possible that more than 5 times as many would be purchased, and ANet would end up making quite a bit more real money.

I think that is a good observation. From my experience with a different F2P game with a rather robust cash shop that also sells keys for freely obtained chests, the cost is far too high for the risk involved. As such, after I tried it once or twice, I never bought another.

Cheaper keys may be nice, as they may mitigate the feeling of dissatisfaction (for me at least, I’m sure others may disagree—plus more chances to win may be more fun for those who like the gambling aspect, I would wager) with the current loot rates. Either way (cheaper keys or higher access rates), it seems as if there are a number of vocal critics amongst the population who happily purchase gems with real money.

Of course, that’s not a particular strong argument in favor of adjusting the rates inherently but, as you pointed out, when the market responds as it has, perhaps there may be something worth investigating on Anet’s end.

Or not, perhaps I’m just a reactionary whiner with a mild case of buyer’s remorse—that is certainly a possibility.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hippocampus.8470

Of course, that’s not a particular strong argument in favor of adjusting the rates inherently but, as you pointed out, when the market responds as it has, perhaps there may be something worth investigating on Anet’s end.

Or not, perhaps I’m just a reactionary whiner with a mild case of buyer’s remorse—that is certainly a possibility.

Yeah, the thing I need to remember about the stuff I find problematic, is that it’s not inherently different from the things other people whine about that I spend a lot of time arguing with on these forums: people who are happy with these things usually aren’t the ones posting about it on the forums, so of course forum posts give a skewed picture of many things.

If tens of thousands of people are in fact quite content to pay ANet’s prices for gems and the things you can buy with gems, then ANet is quite possibly making exactly as much money as they’d expected, and we simply aren’t hearing from the silent majority folks who think most things are appropriately priced as they are.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Epistemology.3780

Yeah, the thing I need to remember about the stuff I find problematic, is that it’s not inherently different from the things other people whine about that I spend a lot of time arguing with on these forums: people who are happy with these things usually aren’t the ones posting about it on the forums, so of course forum posts give a skewed picture of many things.

If tens of thousands of people are in fact quite content to pay ANet’s prices for gems and the things you can buy with gems, then ANet is quite possibly making exactly as much money as they’d expected, and we simply aren’t hearing from the silent majority folks who think most things are appropriately priced as they are.

Very true. It’s very difficult to know how skewed the forum population is for the exact reasons you mentioned. That said, a part of me hopes that my initial confirmation of the rates will act as a guide, if nothing else, for those interested in making those purchases and, just maybe, for ANet in the future, should the stats suggest that many people would rather have it another way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

i opened 70 and got 2 scythe skins and 3 different shoulders. Thats the rng for you i know most people didnt get anything at all

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

Sorry but, I cant sit by and listen to this, we have to call out ANet on this absolute scam. Im not going to buy keys obviously, but something has to be done about this rediculous drop rate.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

You should probably sue them for everything they have. This is serious business.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kyochan.1950

Kyochan.1950

Did not get a SINGLE weapon skin.

Save your money.. I feel cheated

That sucks. I got the chainsaw wep skin on my first try.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mice.7045

mice.7045

$150 spent on keys for around 152 chests, one skin. I feel like such an kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

They said they will introduce a way how to convert blc drop into halloween-themed items.
:-)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/22-Chests-opened-nothing-unique/page/21