(Everlasting) Gem Store Purchases

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ixyt.5486

Ixyt.5486

The issue I find is found from gem store purchases. It seems to me, and a few others I’ve spoken to, that items such as the everlasting mining pick, harvesting sickle, and logging axes should be an account wide purchase. Armor is purchased for a specific character that wears a specific armor type, so it makes sense that they remain individual items. Picks, Axes and Sickles however should not fall under the same category and should arrive in each characters mail upon login to that character, much like the rewards for starting a new character already work.

I’m not writing this to create a debate on acceptable business practices and whatnot, I simply think for the gem cost associated with buying these types of items, they should be reworked to become account wide. I would like to hear other people’s opinion on the issue. But, please keep it troll free.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

I am not sure what are you asking for, because I thought, and just now checked, that all of the infinite gathering tools are account bound, meaning that you can transfer them to other alts with your bank.
if you are suggesting that you want to recieve 3 same items, for 3 different characters, I do not see the point, if you are too lazy to port to bank, deposit the tool, and then relog and withdraw it, you are free to buy more than one.

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I would like it, and I would gladly pay a small/reasonable monthly fee for things like that. I dont have a lot of grand arguments for why it would be better, it just suits me and would make my days somewhat easier.
It must be so I can pay for half a year or a year in advance, so I can pay and forget about it for a while. I tend to forget buying tools on the chars I use (Im an altoholic..) and often find myself in the middle of nowhere without tools.
But that’s just me, and it isnt a big thing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One suggestion I saw on another thread was account wide bags. Anything in the bag shows up on all characters that have that bag. With this you can use the tool on one character then put it in the account wide bag and when you log on to the next character with this bag, the tools are in inventory. Of course it would mean each of your characters would have to buy one of these bags for it to work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

Gathering tools are already account bound. If what you are asking for is that each of your characters should get one in the mail then you are asking to receive more than one for the price of one. If you need to swap it to another toon just put it in the bank and pick it up on your other toon. Mailing all your toons the same account bound item each doesn’t make sense.

(edited by Kirkkis.8270)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ixyt.5486

Ixyt.5486

Gathering tools are already account bound. If what you are asking for is that each of your characters should get one in the mail then you are asking to receive more than one for the price of one. If you need to swap it to another toon just put it in the bank and pick it up on your other toon. Mailing all your toons the same account bound item each doesn’t make sense.

You’re kinda missing the point. I already swap the tools to my bank when I need them on another character. But, for the price of these items, a convenience factor isn’t asking too much. I’m sorry that you don’t think it makes sense. We receive a new bank golem on each new character we create (if you’ve upgraded your game edition), so the ability to do a similar thing with gathering tools already exists. I do like the idea of an account-wide bag that can hold such items though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

You’re kinda missing the point. I already swap the tools to my bank when I need them on another character. But, for the price of these items, a convenience factor isn’t asking too much. I’m sorry that you don’t think it makes sense. We receive a new bank golem on each new character we create (if you’ve upgraded your game edition), so the ability to do a similar thing with gathering tools already exists. I do like the idea of an account-wide bag that can hold such items though.

I agree, I think an Account wide bag is a good idea. I also think maybe having the ability to mail stuff to yourself would fix the issue you are talking about for good. But not getting copies of that same item, because technically you only bought one, not 3 or 4 or 5.